Getting stuff signed

I just go this email from SRO today;

SRO-Anthem to Tim

show details 6:06 PM (28 minutes ago)

Thank you for your email request regarding RUSH autographs. Due to the high volume of requests received it is impossible for RUSH to respond to all of them. Priority is always given to selected charities and promotional events.

Thank you for your understanding and for being a fan of RUSH

SRO/Anthem

I look at it this way....worst case I lose my album sleeve and about $12.00 for postage and packaging....

Best case, my Hemispheres album is signed! (and I have to spend MORE money to get it framed properly!)

I am going to try to get them to autograph:

Rush European Tour 83 Poster

Visions by Bill B

Snakes and Aroows Vinyl

what should I send?

hmmm, maybe if I use diffrent adresses and names

oh and my Canadian Flag that has been to 8 shows over the last few years!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Guys and gals, I would like to stress 2 things regarding sending things to be signed - Proper return postage and proper return packaging. Obviously take your goodies (with return packaging enclosed) to your post office and have it weighed for proper postage. Ask if the return postage will be the same, or (and this is big) if you are shipping to a foreign country makes sure that the return postage is an acceptable form for that particular country.

Naturally, you don't want said goodies to be damaged in transit. I made the mistake of using a priority mail envelope for my return with a cardboard insert. Obviously they aren't going to sit and make sure it's in properly and mine had to spend a week inside a book to flatten it out for framing. My next one will be shipped in a box both ways. Granted it'll be a small-ish box, but a box for sure... Finally, make sure you give your item enough time to get there. I mailed mine via priority mail 7 days before the show. I got it back 1 week afterward. GOOD LUCK!! 2.gif

I phoned with a management guy of the 'Frankfurt Festhalle' today - He said they are not able to forward mail to artists that play there - he gave me a number of the Tour promoter - the Tour promoter gave me a number of the german promoter - after telling my story the 3rd time they told me to write an Email 'cause they can't answer that on the phone.

Now I have to wait what they write back. I think I'll try to send something to the venue and hope it will work out.

Cheers from Germany

QUOTE (Harperspace @ May 20 2011, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 19 2011, 08:34 PM)
Harperspace, is your username a reference to Nick Harper, by any chance?

Good luck with your CD booklet!

Cheers! trink39.gif

Yes, it is. I'm a big fan of both Nick & Roy Harper. biggrin.gif

Cool! I saw Nick three times in '09 when he toured the U.S. with Fixx singer Cy Curnin. GREAT shows!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 20 2011, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (Harperspace @ May 20 2011, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 19 2011, 08:34 PM)
Harperspace, is your username a reference to Nick Harper, by any chance?

Good luck with your CD booklet!

Cheers! trink39.gif

Yes, it is. I'm a big fan of both Nick & Roy Harper. biggrin.gif

Cool! I saw Nick three times in '09 when he toured the U.S. with Fixx singer Cy Curnin. GREAT shows!

Cool! I was hoping to catch one of the gigs he did with Cy, but sadly it wasn't to be. However I saw Nick in Sheffield a few weeks back and he was in great form.

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 20 2011, 06:40 AM)
Guys and gals, I would like to stress 2 things regarding sending things to be signed - Proper return postage and proper return packaging. Obviously take your goodies (with return packaging enclosed) to your post office and have it weighed for proper postage. Ask if the return postage will be the same, or (and this is big) if you are shipping to a foreign country makes sure that the return postage is an acceptable form for that particular country.
Naturally, you don't want said goodies to be damaged in transit. I made the mistake of using a priority mail envelope for my return with a cardboard insert. Obviously they aren't going to sit and make sure it's in properly and mine had to spend a week inside a book to flatten it out for framing. My next one will be shipped in a box both ways. Granted it'll be a small-ish box, but a box for sure... Finally, make sure you give your item enough time to get there. I mailed mine via priority mail 7 days before the show. I got it back 1 week afterward. GOOD LUCK!! 2.gif

Thanks Gary - some good, sound advice there. I had it all covered so it's in the lap of the gods now. Worst case scenario - I lose a CD booklet & take a small hit on postage. No big deal...

Just wanting to make sure... is Liam Birt still the Tour Manager? I have something I want to send to Alex which I don't need returned. I'm thinking the Gibson Center in LA since they will be there for 2 nights. Wish me luck!

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 22 2011, 08:10 AM)
Yes he is.

Thank you. smile.gif

I sent an album in to be signed on teh last tour. Got it back about a week after the show.

This time, sending a drum head to Greensboro Coliseum. They ahve confirmed that they wil accept thigns for the band.

Aplologies for the typos! lol

I sent an album in to be signed on teh last tour. Got it back about a week after the show.

This time, sending a drum head to Greensboro Coliseum. They ahve confirmed that they wil accept thigns for the band.

Aplologies for the typos! lol

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I will try Greensboro too.

Edited by Xanadu