MOTOCROSS

defrushfan01

Hey every one. Dont know too many of you out there in cyberspace, but step inside and walk this way and lets talk about motocross or riding dirt bikes, storys and the such.

Well ill get this started then. I began riding dirt bikes at the age of 5, and am now 18, i have had a few accidents but thats to be expected and my motto is if you fall your not going fast enough.

Now adays im sporting a 1997 Suzuki RM250 that is bored out to 300CC and a hell of a lot of bottom to it. I have owned this bike for about 3 years now and trying to find time to ride, now that its getting nice out ill be back out on the trails.

I used to ride, and have bikes. Had to sell them tho, along with my horses. I used to ride a kdx 200. Also made the switch over to trials bikes, but had to quit that too. I love trials. I also would like to get into enduros.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Apr 1 2005, 09:07 PM)
I used to ride, and have bikes. Had to sell them tho, along with my horses. I used to ride a kdx 200. Also made the switch over to trials bikes, but had to quit that too. I love trials. I also would like to get into enduros.

ohmy.gif you used to ride!!!?!?! COOL!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Apr 1 2005, 11:11 PM)
I used to ride, and have bikes.  Had to sell them tho, along with my horses.  I used to ride a kdx 200.  Also made the switch over to trials bikes, but had to quit that too.  I love trials.  I also would like to get into enduros.

Yip. I rode since I was 11. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Apr 1 2005, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Apr 1 2005, 11:11 PM)
I used to ride, and have bikes.  Had to sell them tho, along with my horses.  I used to ride a kdx 200.  Also made the switch over to trials bikes, but had to quit that too.  I love trials.  I also would like to get into enduros.

Yip. I rode since I was 11. biggrin.gif

NOOOO WAY!? very cool!!! biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ya, ive been wanting to do Hair Scrambles but my dad is against it. I dont know why, he used to race and was pretty damn good, he told me a story he started in the Pro Am section and it was a 400 bike entry and he finished 14th overall and i wish i was half the rider he was.

someday though.

I don't remember what Hair Scrambles are. My step dad used to race also, back in the '70's. He had a bad wreck at the Washougal Nationals, and that pretty much finished his will to go higher wider faster. I grew up watching On Any Sunday, and Crusty's Demons of Dirt are farkin kewl!!! Glad to see Micky Dymond still riding, he was my hero.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Apr 2 2005, 09:43 PM)
I don't remember what Hair Scrambles are. My step dad used to race also, back in the '70's. He had a bad wreck at the Washougal Nationals, and that pretty much finished his will to go higher wider faster. I grew up watching On Any Sunday, and Crusty's Demons of Dirt are farkin kewl!!! Glad to see Micky Dymond still riding, he was my hero.

The guy I traded with came back into the trading pit one day with a broken collar bone, in a sling and all, and swore he was done racing, because it was one hell of a wreck for him. I think he went back out again ultimately. He's in his late 30s, so I don't he does it much now, if at all anymore.

to answer your question alsgalpal, a hairscramble is where the are alot of bikes, and you race in classes wether it be... age, motor size, or class size like Pro A, Amiture B, Beginner C. and the races are not really measured in laps, they are measured in miles for example the average hairscramble was about 80-100 miles.

Archived