La Villia- What is he saying?

keenanj

On ESL, what the hell is geddy saying in the middle of La Villia? He goes on for a couple of lines matching with the music. It sounds like 'rock me, rock me etc..."

Help please!!!! Been dying to know for years...

Guest Quigley_Moog

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Apr 1 2005, 11:35 AM)
I think I remember reading it's something like "baby needs new shoes" ??

I think it's "baby's going to have red feet"

QUOTE (keenanj @ Apr 1 2005, 08:59 AM)
really? that's odd... what gives?

The boys have no sense of humour, they are as serious a band as I have ever seen! smile.gif

Guest Quigley_Moog

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Apr 1 2005, 12:01 PM)
The boys have no sense of humour, they are as serious a band as I have ever seen! smile.gif

I don't know about that. I heard somewhere (maybe here) that Alex, Geddy, and the crew put dead fish in Neil's drum-area, locker, bedroom, on the MP tour. That doesn't sound dead serious to me. laugh.gif

I always like in ESL video, where Alex and Ged are shoving each other whilst playing, then they lean back to back and start barging each other trying to put each other off. Seems like they're having fun.

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Apr 1 2005, 03:45 PM)
I always like in ESL video, where Alex and Ged are shoving each other whilst playing, then they lean back to back and start barging each other trying to put each other off. Seems like they're having fun.

I said this in another thread ...One time Geddy moved and Alex almost fell on his ass and it was during YYZ....Geddy just grabed him before he totally lost his balance.. I hope they keep having fun..I can"t picture life with out 2.gif ..

If I remember correctly it sounded like he says some jibberish to the tune of "Geddy, Geddy, he's our man! If he can't do it noone can!", then some other random stuff confused13.gif

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Apr 3 2005, 09:41 PM)
According to the liner credits, he's singing the pattycake song or some other children's diddy but I believe it's in French.

I agree. I think the notes in one of the tour books gives a hint - Permanent Waves or Exit Stage Left??

Archived