Any word on a new album?

Guest Maelstrom

Guest Maelstrom
Hi all, I've been out of the Rush loop for awhile, so I was just wondering if any rumors have started floating about the boys working on a new album. Seems like it could be about that time!

Guest Maelstrom
Hey there PF73! I remember you too. I used to be a frequent poster over at TriNet, but I haven't been active in any Rush forums for the past several months. Life gets in the way sometimes. wink.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 31 2005, 12:37 PM)
Well, they finished their 30th Anniversary Tour a little while ago, so I imagine that their taking some time off. No word on a new album, but we're eagerly awaiting the Vapor Trails remaster.

To clarify, Maelstrom......if you have been out of the 2.gif loop for awhile..it should be noted that......

The boys have confirmed the creation of a new album following R30 tour.

Hopefully, as they have indicated this will also lead to a subsequent tour.

Giving time for R & R following R30 tour and past experience with this timeline, I would guess we will see a new release around Feb. - June 2006. Again, this is my best bet uninformed , but 2.gif educated guess based on known factors.

I wasn't sure if you even knew of their previous comments confirming a new album...just wanted to let you know if not.

At least we know we have new 2.gif material to look forward to....

trink39.gif

Guest Maelstrom
Thanks. I guess its a bit early yet, just call it wishful thinking! Spring 2006 seems like a realistic guess.

Posted on Mar 31 2005, 05:11 PM
  QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 31 2005, 02:08 PM)
Welcome Maelstrom! 

Uh... Did you see their join date? 

rofl3.gif OOOOOPPPPPPPSSS!!!! rofl3.gif

Welcome BACK Maelstrom!!

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Mar 31 2005, 06:35 PM)
Thanks. I guess its a bit early yet, just call it wishful thinking! Spring 2006 seems like a realistic guess.

To be honest, I think autumn/winter 2006 is a more realistic timescale. Ged's last interview suggested they'd get into studio around about September this year, and given their work rate, I suspect we're talking a year between entering studio and getting an album out.

Personally, I'd love to see them repeat the Feedback vibe with original songs, but I'd say they'll revert back to the usual perfectionist approach (although it could be argued the the time they took to complete and mix VT contributed to the oft discussed deficiencies in the sound quality of it).

As I said in a previous thread, I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for anything new before September 2006.

I read where Geddy was saying how much fun they all had recording "Feedback" with just guitar, bass, and drums, no frills (except the guys themselves, that is). He said they would like to go into the studio in that same frame of mind. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Guest Maelstrom

Hey ES-335! Lots of familiar faces around here. (Actually I think I remember you were the one who directed me to this forum last summer)

I finally picked up a copy of Contents Under Pressure this week, and was amazed to read how they recorded albums like 2112 and AFTK in 3 or 4 weeks! Here's hoping the next one doesn't take 14 months! trink38.gif

By the way, I brought up this topic not because I think the band is under any sort of obligation to meet fans' demands, I just think its fun to speculate. So let's see...suppose they head into the studio in the next 3-6 months, spend about 6-8 months on the album (can't imagine they'll need a repeat of VT, considering that involved a lot of "getting to know each other again" time), tack on another 2-3 months before release, that gives us a range of anywhere from March to September 2006. Anyone want to start a pool? smile.gif

Archived