March Bandness

By-Tor.com

Rush is currently going up against Aerosmith in the 'Sweet 16' round on Buffalo's 97 Rock....

http://www.97rock.com/misc/bandness/vote1.html

If they win this, tomorrow they will face Bob Seger (who defeated Zeppelin yesterday).

Go vote. Vote often (it will allow you to vote about once every ten or so minutes).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (By-Tor.com @ Mar 31 2005, 09:39 AM)
Well, there are some out there who say that Rush fans had a hand in the Seger vs Zeppelin voting since we didn't want to go up against Zeppelin. unsure.gif comp26.gif confused13.gif

laugh.gif I'm not surprised.

Not that I'm complaining... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (By-Tor.com @ Mar 31 2005, 12:39 PM)
Well, there are some out there who say that Rush fans had a hand in the Seger vs Zeppelin voting since we didn't want to go up against Zeppelin. unsure.gif comp26.gif confused13.gif

"There are some out there........" ? Dude, do you work for the radio station, tally the votes or what? One would not think a local battle of the bands gig would receive that much press or attention....Just wondering about your perspective, that's all.

Let me clarify my position on this............... 2.gif friggin' ROCKS!

Seger, you're going down! Woo...Woo!..... Schro's comment on the Aerosmith angle left me gasping for air................from laughing! icon_really_happy_guy.gif Still, one has to wonder......I think the same forces that were at work foiling Aerosmith's chances may be Rush's best ally in a head to head with Bob Seger. All in all, this battle for supremacy will be require much in the form of legitimacy. There will be much litigation followed by claims of voter tampering, denied access(Aerosmith voter's), ballot box stuffing all leading to the decision being taken out of the hands of the voters.

I must save you all the hassle and heartache you are headed for, AMERICA!

Tally the votes any way you want.....EVERYBODY KNOWS........

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

IS THE BADDEST OF ALL, THE BEST ROCK BAND.....PERIOD !!

Glad to clear that up.....

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (bytorcygnus @ Mar 31 2005, 01:49 PM)
"There are some out there........" ? Dude, do you work for the radio station, tally the votes or what? One would not think a local battle of the bands gig would receive that much press or attention....Just wondering about your perspective, that's all.

I don't work for the radio station, but I do know Rush is receiving attention in this poll beyond the Buffalo area that this radio station represents. I do know that Rush would have probaly lost to Black Sabbath in the first round if the word was not put out on the 'Net. Rush only had a third of the vote in that round before I posted the link to the voting on my site and on CP. And I know that some have expressed interest in knocking off bands like Zeppelin before Rush had to face them. I do not know if any action was taken in that matter, but with what has been said to me, and when I see Seger knock off Zeppelin, I have my suspicions.

Hey i live in the St. Louis area and the radio station KSHE 95 is doing almost

the same thing. im not sure at the moment what the status is on the boys other than they had to go up against metalica at some point, but i do know this for a fact:

RUSH WON LAST YEAR!!

i thought that was pretty justified, they better win every year (they deserve to)!

Rush (57.78%)

Aerosmith (42.22%)

Its 10:12 PM and there playing....

Rush-- 2112- I: Overture/II: The Temples Of Syrinx!!

QUOTE (rushengal @ Mar 31 2005, 10:37 PM)

Cool thing about 97 Rock....they play loads of Rush, and not just the normal 'Tom Sawyer" / "Limelight" / "Spirit Of The Radio" stuff. I've heard them play By-Tor & The Snowdog, Out Of The Cradle, La Villa, I Think I'm Going Bald, and......AND....they are the only station I have ever heard play 2112 in it's entirety!!!

2.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Red Porschetta @ Mar 31 2005, 01:47 PM)
The only band that should beat Zeppelin is Rush. Maybe people are catching on to the fact that Rush are the three most talented musicians right now, and 30 years ago.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (By-Tor.com @ Mar 31 2005, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (rushengal @ Mar 31 2005, 10:37 PM)

Cool thing about 97 Rock....they play loads of Rush, and not just the normal 'Tom Sawyer" / "Limelight" / "Spirit Of The Radio" stuff. I've heard them play By-Tor & The Snowdog, Out Of The Cradle, La Villa, I Think I'm Going Bald, and......AND....they are the only station I have ever heard play 2112 in it's entirety!!!

2.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Now your convincing me to move down there!! All I get here are the standards, and if I'm lucky, I'll hear some Time Stands Still or Subdivisions, other then that its the basics... Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer, Spirit of Radio, Working Man... the usuals

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Bob Seger (38.94%)

Rush (61.06%)

Archived