Cool RUSH reference

Digital Man

I am watching the show "According to Jim" & they have a blues band. They were practicing in the garage & at the end of the song Jim says " Well that blew" & his brother in law says "What, like we're ever gonna open for Rush?"

I just paused the show to come post this...how much of a Rush geek am I??? cool.gif

Not that big of a geek... anyone of us would have done it too, atleast I would have 2.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Mar 30 2005, 08:14 PM)
There is some news radio show I was listening to the other week, right before I took off for Reno I believe. The beginning credits song of the show was the first minute or so of Animate. I thought that was kinda cool.

I hear the same thing when I go to school. Do you know what channel it is?

There are multiply references to 2.gif in Futurarma. Apparently Fry's a big fan as is his creator biggrin.gif

The episode that I remember the most was Fry saving the world from an alien invasion whilst listening to his 2.gif mix tape! The quote goes something like:

"All I need is a cold beer and my own Rush mix tape"

Then you see him shooting down aliens with Tom Sawyer playing in the background.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but it made me chuckle wink.gif

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Mar 31 2005, 06:56 AM)
I think I remember that one. It was quite funny.  icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I'm curious why there has never been a reference to Rush in That 70s Show.

There has been at least 2 references to 2.gif on That 70's Show that I know of and it is Eric's favorite band as well. In one episode called "Canadian Road Trip" 2 Mounties (played by Dave Thomas and Joe Flaherty of SCTV fame) ask why they are in Canada Eric replies "We just came here to get the beer...and I love 2.gif . Fly By Night! Oww!"

In another episode called "Eric's Corvette Caper" Eric's dad Red bought a brand new Corvette. When Red and Kitty go out of town Red forbades Eric to even touch the Corvette and had it rigged so that he would know if it has been touched. Eric wanted to impressed this hot girl so he takes the Corvette for a ride with the girl. When Red and Kitty returns Red is totally convinced that Eric did not touch the car and as a reward was going to let him drive it. They get in the car and Red turns on the radio and "Temple of Syrinx" comes roaring out of the speakers thus busting Eric. laugh.gif

According to PowerWindows site there were a few more references on the show from last few years but I haven't been watching the show for awhile and so I missed these.

Here is the 2.gif References in Pop Culture section on the PowerWindows site which lists every reference of 2.gif in TV shows and movies...

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/RushReferences.htm

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Mar 31 2005, 06:22 AM)
There are multiply references to 2.gif in Futurarma. Apparently Fry's a big fan as is his creator biggrin.gif

The episode that I remember the most was Fry saving the world from an alien invasion whilst listening to his 2.gif mix tape! The quote goes something like:

Then you see him shooting down aliens with Tom Sawyer playing in the background.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but it made me chuckle wink.gif

I do beleive the quote is:

Fry: All right. It's Saturday night, I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

This is one of my favorite episodes!!!

Whenever I play Space Invaders, I must listen to Tom Sawyer, it gives it a little extra Umph

2.gif

QUOTE (rushengal @ Mar 31 2005, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Mar 31 2005, 06:22 AM)
There are multiply references to  2.gif in Futurarma. Apparently Fry's a big fan as is his creator  biggrin.gif

The episode that I remember the most was Fry saving the world from an alien invasion whilst listening to his  2.gif mix tape! The quote goes something like:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but it made me chuckle  wink.gif

I do beleive the quote is:

Fry: All right. It's Saturday night, I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

This is one of my favorite episodes!!!

Whenever I play Space Invaders, I must listen to Tom Sawyer, it gives it a little extra Umph

2.gif

Thanks for the actual quote! I was raking my brains but couldnt remeber. Yeah it is a great episode, what with donkey kong being part of an alien invasion and all!

Archived