STICK IT OUT (Live)

Pags

I have the entire Rush collection loaded into my laptop. So, I'm playing all of it on shuffle in the Windows Media Player.

Anyway, Stick It Out from the 2nd disc of Different Stages just finished playing. I have not been the biggest fan of this song over the last few years, and don't really choose to listen to it like I used to. But man!!!! For whatever reason this time around it ROCKED!!!! It grabbed my attention completely, and proceded to kick my ass!!

That's why I love these guys. You can rediscover something over and over. An endless cycle of masterpieces that just spike at their own given (and often unexpected) moments.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

just listened to that song on the way home from the university today....completely amazing!! each time is fantastic.... heart.gif

Awesome!!! and welcome to the forum. biggrin.gif

My Shrimp Cot...

Im Loving your signitures!! I knew you could make your own South Park character, but adding a 2112 star just makes it all that more awesome!

Anywho...

I havent heard 'Stick It Out' live, infact i've only just heard the studio version recently. I love that opening guitar riff cool.gif

Shrimp Cot...Great sig. first off! Pags....So true, I am always re-discovering new Rush songs. A few of my recent re-discovered tunes...Red Sector A, Distant Early Warning, Half the World, Return of the Prince...RotP might I add is such a chilled song to listen to...Great rhythm for 3mins straight, plus Alex's soloing. Great tune and my personal favourite of The Necromancer.

I have been having that kind of experience as well. Even though I have enjoyed listening to Rush for the past 20 years, I always found it difficult to listen to the older stuff. I was a bit put off by Geddy's 'screaming.' As a result, I haven't obtained any of the albums before MP.

Even though I had ESL, I didn't usually listen to it too often, and then I only paid attention to songs like Tom Sawyer and YYZ. So I popped ESL into the car stereo a few days ago with an open mind and (re)discovered Jacob's Ladder and La Villa. The riffs in Ladder just blew me away, made me realize I've been missing a lot.

So I did the same thing with DS Disk 3, which I had only listened to once before. I found myself hooked to Cygnus X-1. Great lyrics and a gripping sound in the middle.

Because of this, I feel like I should obtain the earlier albums and listen with an open mind.

Stick it out is the most underrated song from Counterparts. It wasn't my favorite when I first heard it either, but it grew on me. It just has a nice heavy feel to it.

BTW, welcome tinasimluacrum! bekloppt.gif trink39.gif

Archived