Time Machine Tour appreciation thread

PariahDog

I just wanted to send out some positive energy for those who are looking forward to the tour. Now that I have snagged some pretty good seats and am making travel plans, the excitement is starting to set in. 653.gif

Rush is not stopping in my state (AZ) so I'll be seeing them in WA with my nephew and his family. My sister and her husband are fans who haven't seen them in years, and this will be my nephew's first concert experience. It will be very cool seeing this with my nephew, as my first concert was Power Windows in 1985. smile.gif

I seems like a long two years since I last saw Rush in Phoenix. With all the pricing talk, I checked my e-mails and found that I paid $104 in 2008 for seats in AZ (row 16). I just paid $134 for very similar seats in WA (including one row 12!). That's about a 29% increase after two years, which seems reasonable to me.

One factor that seems forgotten in the pricing talk is the fact that Rush will not be around forever. It may seem like Rush mania now, with two tours, new recording, documentary, etc. But I would be surprised if Rush is still touring five or ten years from now, as the guys will be reaching their mid-to-late 60s. So for me, it makes sense to see them now (and in 2011) as we can reasonably expect MAYBE one more large tour after 2011.

Anyway, I am psyched and don't want to miss these opportunities to see Rush! Please share your positive thoughts on the tour and your circumstances for seeing them this time around.

I am really looking foward to this tour. My fav album by them and a different setlist. I know i am going to 1 show , hopefully more. Gotta see how much Coin i have this summer .

yeah, a good time will be had by all in attendance. Everything we get from rush at this point should be appreciated as it could of been over years ago. we are lucky the trio has remained intact.

I am not surprised over the ticket prices nor am I begrudge rush for asking them. However, I will say that an approximate increase of 15% a year is a tremendous increase and few things come near to increasing that much per year. Historically the CPI increase has been around 3% increase per year.

Finally someone who is HAPPY and GREATFUL for Rush touring.

You gotta wonder, looking at forums with a ton of fans bitching about everything and anything under the sun that if they don't see it and just wonder why they even bother.

Rush is touring again... be happy! smile.gif

Oh very looking forward to this tour yes.gif

Count them out of touring after 2011 no.gif

Un like Tull who is always on the damn road and nothing new for us,

2.gif takes time out to chill and re-energize. I'm So Glad!! So with that in mind, we take a year or 2 off after the Time Machine Tour and boom.. it is 2014 and time for a tour again, with a shorter set list, no need for 3 hrs, so we get 2 hrs, ONLY get an hour with Tull. Besides, Ian is 62 and still going and Rush Boys are 55 and 56. I'm the Boys age and hope to be just as damn strong at 62 as I am now...

They are coming to Colo but I'm going to AZ, it is closer and cheaper.. 653.gif

common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif 653.gif

New Tour and New Music, what is not to like? doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

2.gif Will Rip!! HELL Yes I'm Excited!!!

That said, if I DON'T end up going (I'm staring down $1,300 worth of work on my car TOMORROW I just found out, so I'm glad I didn't jump at tickets or I'd be up shit creek)...the silver lining is that the boys do a great job of pretty consistently documenting their shows on DVD/Blu-Ray. And while that's not the same, it'll actually live longer than your memory of the show. Should you in your advanced years go senile, the concert disc will always be new. tongue.gif Edited by Presto-digitation

Some of my very best memories are Rush concert ones. I can't wait to add to them. Sharing the experience again with my husband, who became a die-hard convert (stealing my CDs) at the Snakes show. And of course, talking about it with other fans here. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 14 2010, 03:12 PM)
Some of my very best memories are Rush concert ones. I can't wait to add to them. Sharing the experience again with my husband, who became a die-hard convert (stealing my CDs) at the Snakes show. And of course, talking about it with other fans here. trink39.gif

I wish I could get my wife to "steal" the Rush discs. That'd be so cool. In all fairness she's come a long way from simply putting up with them on drives. She's even listened to some "mix tapes" I've made for her...!

1022.gif

I am so happy that I am a Rush fan and that my big brother introduced me to them in the 3rd grade!!!! Rush was the background music to many great years!!!

Rush concerts are the best thing ever, and I appreciate them more each time. I'm bringing my son again who gets as excited as I do!!!!

Thank you, Rush.

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I am just so excited. I'd explained to my son that even though they were writing new material it would probably be another 2 years before we got the chance to see them in England. When they announced that the tour was going to be MP, but only in N.America I was gutted. My wonderful husband turned round yesterday and said book the tickets for you and Cam and go. You only live once and you'll regret if you don't and you could have. I'm still on a different planet at the moment and can't really believe it smile.gif

QUOTE (Angua @ Apr 14 2010, 04:44 PM)
I am just so excited.  I'd explained to my son that even though they were writing new material it would probably be another 2 years before we got the chance to see them in England.  When they announced that the tour was going to be MP, but only in N.America I was gutted.  My wonderful husband turned round yesterday and said book the tickets for you and Cam and go.  You only live once and you'll regret if you don't and you could have.  I'm still on a different planet at the moment and can't really believe it smile.gif

Congratulations, that's wonderful! trink39.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 14 2010, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (Angua @ Apr 14 2010, 04:44 PM)
I am just so excited.  I'd explained to my son that even though they were writing new material it would probably be another 2 years before we got the chance to see them in England.  When they announced that the tour was going to be MP, but only in N.America I was gutted.  My wonderful husband turned round yesterday and said book the tickets for you and Cam and go.  You only live once and you'll regret if you don't and you could have.  I'm still on a different planet at the moment and can't really believe it smile.gif

Congratulations, that's wonderful! trink39.gif

It's a good relationship - I let him buy some Moog Bass pedals and I get to come and see Rush laugh.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 14 2010, 06:14 PM)
This is going to be so epic I'm trying to not even think about it!

I have to think about it a *bit* though, i'd hate to forget to buy tickets!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

goodpost.gif Can't f***ing wait! 1022.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Apr 14 2010, 06:17 PM)
i can't wait to hear superconductor in the middle of the camera eye! i will laugh at every1

laugh.gif That would be 3 times as weird as when they played that Xanadu/Superconductor medley in the early 90s!

It is nice to see a positive thread.. Most of us are super pumped... biggrin.gif

MP was the album that started my love affair with RUSH back in Junior High. tongue.gif

The boys are mid 50's, and the tours will not last too much longer. eh.gif

I never thought I would read so much negativity of a RUSH tour. sad.gif

Any RUSH tour is a great thing. Prices are what they are. fists crying.gif

I know the pre-sale in Minneapolis is sold out, and what few tickets are left, will go very quick on Saturday.

I can hardley wait to see them outside in Summer, here in Minnesota. It will be fricken kick butt...!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif