The Awesome Movie Quote Thread!

Rushman14

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM)
from Manos:The Hands of Fate

"i am torgo. i take care of the place while the master is away."

F*CK YEAH!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 14 2010, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM)
from Manos:The Hands of Fate

"i am torgo. i take care of the place while the master is away."

F*CK YEAH!!

the master will not approve

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attacked ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C beams... glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

All those... moments will be lost... in time

like...

tears... in rain.

Time... to die.

QUOTE (Graham_W @ Apr 15 2010, 07:17 AM)
I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attacked ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C beams... glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

All those... moments will be lost... in time

like...

tears... in rain.

Time... to die.

nice one! one of my favorite movie quotes ever.

"A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

[as Mrs. Hudson starts to clear space for the tea tray]

Sherlock Holmes: Don't touch. Everything is in its proper place... as per usual, Nanny.

[on her way out, Mrs. Hudson notices the dog, laying on the floor]

Mrs. Hudson: Oh, he's killed the dog. Again.

Dr. John Watson: [irritated] What have you done to Gladstone now?

Sherlock Holmes: I was simply testing a new anesthetic. He doesn't mind.

The Hangover

Alan Garner: There's a jungle cat in the bathroom!

[Phil walks into the bathroom, then hurries out]

Phil Wenneck: Holy f**k, he's not kidding! There's a tiger in there!

Stu Price: She's got my grandmother's Holocaust ring!

Alan Garner: I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust.

Alan Garner: Hey Phil, look!

[laughs hysterically while miming the baby masturbating]

Alan Garner: He's jackin' his little weenus!

Phil Wenneck: Pull yourself together, bro!

Alan Garner: Not at the table, Carlos!

Alan Garner: [while picking up Phil at the school where he works] Did you have to park so close?

Doug Billings: Yeah, what's wrong?

Alan Garner: I shouldn't be here.

Doug Billings: Why is that, Alan?

Alan Garner: I'm not supposed to be within two hundred feet of a school... or a Chuck E. Cheese.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 16 2010, 07:50 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 16 2010, 10:18 AM)
Star Wars:

"But I was going into Toshi's Station to pick up some power converters!"

Luke sounds like such a whiny little twerp there.

That was one of those lines I didn't think anything of when I was a kid, but when I saw it in the late 90's as an adult when they re-released it, the audience laughed hysterically. It was like we all collectively didn't realize how dumb that line was before.

Still, it's kind of awesome in its dumbness, and compared to some of the lines in the prequels, it's practically eloquent poetry. unsure.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 16 2010, 10:26 AM)
"Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"

Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas.

Angie D'Annunzio: A looper?

Carl Spackler: A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Carl Spackler: This place got a pool?

Ty Webb: Pool and a pond... Pond be good for you.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 16 2010, 09:02 AM)
"Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"

Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas.

Carl Spackler: A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Doodie!

"Here it is! (Carl holds up the 'doodie') It's no big deal! (takes a bite)"

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 16 2010, 12:33 PM)

Doodie!

"Hey Ty! What did you shoot today?"

"Oh, you know I don't keep score, Judge."

"Then how do you measure yourself against other golfers?"

"By height."

"You know, you really should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. Dr. Beeper is club champion and I'm...no slouch myself!"

"Oh, don't sell yourself short, Judge. You're a tremendous slouch!"

Bruce Pandolfini: Look deep, Josh. It's there. It's twelve moves away, but it's there. You've got him.

Josh Waitzkin: You've lost, you just don't know it yet.

Searching for Bobby Fischer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby: Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you.

Dirty Dancing

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 16 2010, 09:37 AM)

Doodie!

"By height."

"You know, you really should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. Dr. Beeper is club champion and I'm...no slouch myself!"

Ty Webb: You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 16 2010, 12:24 PM)

Doodie!

"By height."

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

Carl Spackler: Oh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my...

Edited by ILSnwdog

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 16 2010, 02:48 PM)

Doodie!

"By height."

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

"I've sent men younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. Felt I...OWED it to them."

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 16 2010, 01:49 PM)

Doodie!

"By height."

"I've sent men younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. Felt I...OWED it to them."

"This is my friend Mr. Wang. No offense."

"We just land by the Great Wall of China. On the good side."

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 16 2010, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 16 2010, 01:49 PM)

Doodie!

"By height."

"This is my friend Mr. Wang. No offense."

"We just land by the Great Wall of China. On the good side."

Carl Spackler: I smell varmint poontang. And the only good varmint poontang is dead varmint poontang, I think.