09/03/10 - Holmdel, NJ

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ericplayzbass @ Sep 2 2010, 03:15 PM)
please add your name to this list if you will be at the TGIF's if you get there before the lots are closed:

1. ericplayzbass (Eric)

and this list if you will be on the lawn:

1. ericplazbass (Eric)

so I know how many people to expect will be meeting up with me at the lawn or TGIF

please add your name to this list if you will be at the TGIF's if you get there before the lots are closed:

1. ericplayzbass (Eric)

2. Natch (depending on commute home from NYC)

and this list if you will be on the lawn:

1. ericplazbass (Eric)

1. ericplayzbass (Eric)

3. Tarkus406 (if he doesn't get blown away by Earl)

please add your name to this list if you will be at the TGIF's if you get there before the lots are OPEN :

1. ericplayzbass (Eric)

3. Tarkus406 (if he doesn't get blown away by Earl)

Just to clear up any confusion, Eric meant to say "before the lots are OPEN". http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gif http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/common001.gif 25 hours to go....

This time tomorrow if I'm not drifting on a raft (thanks, Earl) http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif somewhere on the Garden State Pkway, I'll be http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif at PNC!!!

Everyone in Syracuse, have fun tonite! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

lawn dweller here as well. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif I'll probably tag along to TGIF's also. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

Yep, lawn dweller here. I'll be with 5 friends. Yep, will go to TGIF's if we can't get into lot. What lot will everyone be tailgating at? I've never been to PNC and am coming north on the Parkway. Also, none of us have tickets. We were going to get them at the box office. Does anyone think this is a risky move? I mean, has the lawn ever sold out for Rush at PNC? Thanks for any advice on this!

QUOTE (Mills1988 @ Sep 2 2010, 08:40 PM)
Yep, lawn dweller here. I'll be with 5 friends. Yep, will go to TGIF's if we can't get into lot. What lot will everyone be tailgating at? I've never been to PNC and am coming north on the Parkway. Also, none of us have tickets. We were going to get them at the box office. Does anyone think this is a risky move? I mean, has the lawn ever sold out for Rush at PNC? Thanks for any advice on this!

There are several lots at pnc and they are a distance from each other. Some you only get if coming from the south and some from the north. My best tailgating experiences were in the north lot.

There are only lawn seats available now for ticket price (subject to change). Usually no problem to get lawn seats day of show. Don't know if I've ever seen a lawn sell out myself.

But this tour RUSH has become much more "popular", so I would not wait till right before the show. Go earlier. You can also check on ticketmaster or other sites to see if tickets are still available until about 2 pm or so day of show. Then they stop selling online and you can only get them at the box office.

TO ALL LAWN DWELLERS::

if you want to have a TRF meetup, try to get as close to the barrier as you can on geddy's side. I will try to reserve as much space as I can, but I can't make promises, so get in as EARLY as you can, and I'll have a TRF sign on my chair.

weather reports predict 1/4" of rain at PNC and by showtime..no rain...i think it will be fine..except for the traffic getting there http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/banghead.gif

QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Sep 2 2010, 08:54 PM)
Yep, lawn dweller here.  I'll be with 5 friends.  Yep, will go to TGIF's if we can't get into lot.  What lot will everyone be tailgating at?  I've never been to PNC and am coming north on the Parkway.  Also, none of us have tickets.  We were going to get them at the box office.  Does anyone think this is a risky move?  I mean, has the lawn ever sold out for Rush at PNC?  Thanks for any advice on this!

There are several lots at pnc and they are a distance from each other. Some you only get if coming from the south and some from the north. My best tailgating experiences were in the north lot.

There are only lawn seats available now for ticket price (subject to change). Usually no problem to get lawn seats day of show. Don't know if I've ever seen a lawn sell out myself.

But this tour RUSH has become much more "popular", so I would not wait till right before the show. Go earlier. You can also check on ticketmaster or other sites to see if tickets are still available until about 2 pm or so day of show. Then they stop selling online and you can only get them at the box office.

sounds good. I'll go right to the box office when I get there. Thanks for the advice! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Weather is looking much better.

Hope all goes well. Watch for the rain which is almost certain, a bit of wind and don't be carrying any long metal poles around like golf clubs or anything.

Just saying.......

watching all the weather stuff with bated breath. How late would it be if they were going to cancel? I will be mega upset if it is as we've flown from the UK to be here and have no chance of rescheduling as our flights home are Monday. Fingers are going to permanantly crossed today!

you can print-immediately lawn seat tickets on ticketmaster.com

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 3 2010, 07:20 AM)
Yep, lawn dweller here.  I'll be with 5 friends.  Yep, will go to TGIF's if we can't get into lot.  What lot will everyone be tailgating at?  I've never been to PNC and am coming north on the Parkway.  Also, none of us have tickets.  We were going to get them at the box office.  Does anyone think this is a risky move?  I mean, has the lawn ever sold out for Rush at PNC?  Thanks for any advice on this!

you can print-immediately lawn seat tickets on ticketmaster.com

Ok. Thanks. I might just print them out so I have them. I have a buddy who wants to wait until we get there. He thinks there is a chance a good seat or two might open up last minute. I'm not counting on it... We have a two hour drive(in no traffic) today.

QUOTE (Angua @ Sep 3 2010, 06:47 AM)
watching all the weather stuff with bated breath. How late would it be if they were going to cancel? I will be mega upset if it is as we've flown from the UK to be here and have no chance of rescheduling as our flights home are Monday. Fingers are going to permanantly crossed today!

Hard for me to see it getting canceled. This isnt a lightning storm. They are saying now rain and wind until 9 or 10 so it will suck hard for people on the lawn but I still think the show is happening.

I live literally 5 minutes from the arts center but I passed on this show since it isnt really supporting much new material. I usually skip these in between tours.

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 3 2010, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE (Angua @ Sep 3 2010, 06:47 AM)
watching all the weather stuff with bated breath.  How late would it be if they were going to cancel?  I will be mega upset if it is as we've flown from the UK to be here and have no chance of rescheduling as our flights home are Monday.  Fingers are going to permanantly crossed today!

Hard for me to see it getting canceled. This isnt a lightning storm. They are saying now rain and wind until 9 or 10 so it will suck hard for people on the lawn but I still think the show is happening.

I live literally 5 minutes from the arts center but I passed on this show since it isnt really supporting much new material. I usually skip these in between tours.

really?!!...and Moving Pictures wasnt an incentive?? Well it surely was for myself and many but if your that close ill bet you can stand on your roof and listen

...yeah their talking now 20 mph winds and a sprinkle of rain...your prayers have been answered

I'm coming from outside Philly in southe Jersey, planning to leave by 4 for the show. How bad should the traffic be heading north on the Parkway? Any tips to beat traffic? I figure 3 hours is more than enough time to get there. We're not planning on really tailgating, and we're just getting walk up lawn seats so Eric and crew, we'll try to look for you.

Earl is out to sea! They actually got the track right! Might get some periods of heavy rain/wind, but considering the possibilities, it looks good to go.

I will likely be heading to the show between 4 and 5 so TGIF not likely, but if the lots are closed when I get to PNC I'll head there. Going with two other people, all three of us long time fans. And meeting up with a TRF member I met at Allentown and his friend, and possibly another TRF member I went to Camden with and his friend. We will be tailgating, and it would be great to meet up with some of you at the show, even if just to put faces to the names (been to almost every show in the area since VT, so I've probably seen a lot of you).

A general idea for where to tailgate: you should all get in touch with each other at the show and see who has the best parking spot for tailgating.

Hope to see some of you there.

Enjoy the show! Should be an adventure with Earl out there.

Archived