08/05/10 - Salt Lake City, UT

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33768 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

Meetup talk for the 08/05/10 show at the USANA Amphitheatre in Salt Lake City, UT.

Sponsored Post

#2 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

I'm down!  Any suggestions for a hotel?  It's like a 4 hour drive back to my place from West Valley City.  We've done that every tour since we've started seeing them there, and we are tired of the late night drive home!  

#3 workingcinderellaman

workingcinderellaman

The Red Barchetta

• Members *
  • 30717 posts
  • Interests:Bikes (Motorcycles), Skiing, Airplanes, Ted Nugent

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 16 2010, 09:54 PM)
I'm down!  Any suggestions for a hotel?  It's like a 4 hour drive back to my place from West Valley City.  We've done that every tour since we've started seeing them there, and we are tired of the late night drive home!

You're coming from Twin Falls, stay in south Davis County or Layton if you take the Legacy. There are a ton of places to stay in Layton and it's not nearly as congested as Salt Lake. The hotels in Layton are near a bunch of restaurants as well.  

#4 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 20 2010, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 16 2010, 09:54 PM)
I'm down!  Any suggestions for a hotel?  It's like a 4 hour drive back to my place from West Valley City.  We've done that every tour since we've started seeing them there, and we are tired of the late night drive home!

You're coming from Twin Falls, stay in south Davis County or Layton if you take the Legacy. There are a ton of places to stay in Layton and it's not nearly as congested as Salt Lake. The hotels in Layton are near a bunch of restaurants as well.

Nice!  Thanks for the heads up!  Been down there a bunch for shows, but we always end up driving home, so I was clueless when it came to hotels!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#5 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

Anyone know what the ticket prices are going to be, it's weird that Rush isn't anywhere on the USANA website yet.

#6 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Apollo @ Apr 22 2010, 11:21 AM)
Anyone know what the ticket prices are going to be, it's weird that Rush isn't anywhere on the USANA website yet.

I thought it was kinda weird too, but I remember a couple of tours ago that Rush wasn't on their site until just a day or two before the presales started.   confused13.gif  

#7 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

Just thought I would be friendly and advise all my fellow ticket competitors  biggrin.gif that this show is now on the USANA website and it looks like presale starts tomorrow and official on sale day is Friday.  

Edited by Apollo, 26 April 2010 - 02:07 PM.

#8 yyz311

yyz311

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Go UTES!!!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Apollo @ Apr 26 2010, 01:06 PM)
Just thought I would be friendly and advise all my fellow ticket competitors  biggrin.gif that this show is now on the USANA website and it looks like presale starts tomorrow and official on sale day is Friday.

When you say presale, you mean through musictoday, right?  If I recall you can't buy these through ticketmaster but you can through Smithstix.  But I don't even see any information on the musictoday website (yet).

So when you say presale, do you mean through musictoday or some other way?

Edited by yyz311, 26 April 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#9 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (yyz311 @ Apr 26 2010, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (Apollo @ Apr 26 2010, 01:06 PM)
Just thought I would be friendly and advise all my fellow ticket competitors  biggrin.gif that this show is now on the USANA website and it looks like presale starts tomorrow and official on sale day is Friday.

When you say presale, you mean through musictoday, right?  If I recall you can't buy these through ticketmaster but you can through Smithstix.  But I don't even see any information on the musictoday website (yet).

So when you say presale, do you mean through musictoday or some other way?

I got the email and it says presale starts tomorrow through MusicToday.   confused13.gif  

#10 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

Ok, just bought tickets through the presale and the best I got was second level (203 to be exact) and about 8 rows up.   Better than lawn, I guess.  confused13.gif

I am guessing that the whole 100 level may be set aside for the VIP packages.  Last time, I got tickets similar to this in the presale, then was able to pick up better seats closer to the show and sell my other tickets through ebay.  Here's hoping!   trink39.gif

Anyway, I am just excited to get to go!  Now, just waiting another 45 minutes to buy Vegas!  Man, I'm spending a LOT of money today!   blush4.gif  

#11 yyz311

yyz311

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Rushchick, you should have stuck it out longer - after 45 minutes of getting the no tickets available comment along with throwing out a lot of Row M's, I ended up with Row C on Alex's side.

#12 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

Were those VIP or regular tickets?  I am about to go home for lunch to try my luck even though I'm sure there's not much point.

#13 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (yyz311 @ Apr 27 2010, 12:27 PM)
Rushchick, you should have stuck it out longer - after 45 minutes of getting the no tickets available comment along with throwing out a lot of Row M's, I ended up with Row C on Alex's side.

DAMMIT!  Just my stinking luck!   banghead.gif  

#14 yyz311

yyz311

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Apollo @ Apr 27 2010, 11:30 AM)
Were those VIP or regular tickets?  I am about to go home for lunch to try my luck even though I'm sure there's not much point.

Regular tickets (Salt Lake doesn't have VIP seats).  If you get tickets far back just throw them back and keep trying.  Also, keep ignoring the message that no tickets are available because people can hold on to them for up to 15 minutes before throwing them back and something good is bound to pop up.

#15 yyz311

yyz311

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

I just did a search and got row M, seat 1 in section 101, so they are still out there.

Also a couple on row N, and even 1 on row L.

Edited by yyz311, 27 April 2010 - 12:40 PM.

#16 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

I went back and tried a while and still got the "not enough tickets" message.  I usually keep looking for better tickets up to the day of the show just because I know that I can get rid of the ones I already bought pretty easily.   confused13.gif

So, if anyone gets 3 tickets in the 100 sections and can't go, just let me know.  wink.gif  

#17 yyz311

yyz311

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 27 2010, 11:43 AM)
I went back and tried a while and still got the "not enough tickets" message.  I usually keep looking for better tickets up to the day of the show just because I know that I can get rid of the ones I already bought pretty easily.   confused13.gif

So, if anyone gets 3 tickets in the 100 sections and can't go, just let me know.  wink.gif

Three tickets may be more difficult - I am going solo and single seats are easier to come by.

Ignore the "not enough tickets message" and keep on reentering your quantity and the dumb password.

#18 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (yyz311 @ Apr 27 2010, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 27 2010, 11:43 AM)
I went back and tried a while and still got the "not enough tickets" message.  I usually keep looking for better tickets up to the day of the show just because I know that I can get rid of the ones I already bought pretty easily.   confused13.gif

So, if anyone gets 3 tickets in the 100 sections and can't go, just let me know.  wink.gif

Three tickets may be more difficult - I am going solo and single seats are easier to come by.

Ignore the "not enough tickets message" and keep on reentering your quantity and the dumb password.

Yeah, the three tickets thing is screwing with me, I think.  But, my husband and son might not like it too much if I leave them at home! laugh.gif  I got floor on Geddy's side, row H for Vegas after only about 10-12 trys, but I am flying solo for that show.

Edited by Rushchick10, 27 April 2010 - 12:52 PM.

#19 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

Ok, I went back and searched for single tickets and there are still some decent seats left (in the 100 sections).  I gotta have three, so I will stick with what I have for now and just keep checking ebay and ticket brokers like I always do.  The tickets I have aren't bad, but I would really love to be closer, more toward the middle or on Geddy's side (no offense to Alex!).  

At least I am going and can share it with my husband and son!   biggrin.gif  I am super excited!!

#20 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

I'm giving up for today, couldn't find anything in the 100s but twice found as far back as row K in section 201.  I am in RushChick's boat looking for 3 tickets so that is probably hurting me as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users