• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 22 2010, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2010, 02:54 PM)
Is it true we can't drink our beers at our seats?  That would seriously suck

sad.gif missed you.  bah!  of course you could drink at ur seats smile.gif

No worries buddy smile.gif  Who knows maybe next year we;ll come back.  Great venue!

Killer show!   1022.gif  

Sponsored Post

#42 Lerxster

Lerxster

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 8124 posts
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 22 2010, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 22 2010, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2010, 02:54 PM)
Is it true we can't drink our beers at our seats?  That would seriously suck

sad.gif missed you.  bah!  of course you could drink at ur seats smile.gif

No worries buddy smile.gif  Who knows maybe next year we;ll come back.  Great venue!

Killer show!   1022.gif

f**k YEAH!!!

#43 Lerxster

Lerxster

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 8124 posts
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

After the last several tours, I decided not to look at the setlist. Well, I ran over a few spoiler songs on the net but I did not hear about them all. And I was glad for that. It was more like old times, when I went “HOLY SHIT THEY’RE PLAYING THAT!!!”

Time Stand Still- what a treat!!! They did a great job with this song, and I was quite happy to hear it as it was to be (and was) played at my wedding Celebration party this past Sat.  Presto- I loved this new Presto, with the meat. I love how it got louder and louder. Great inclusion and rendition.  Stick It Out- nice to hear. Would have loved Cut To The Chase even more, but can’t argue with the choice, especially since it was a charting single.. probably the first song most of us heard heralding the return of Rock ‘n RUSH from the synth era.  Workin' Them Angels- this song just hit a sweet spot for me. My religious moment during the show. I felt a tear going down my face halfway through. Holy crap, was it the heat or had I lost control of my emotions!?  Leave That Thing Alone- I love this instrumental, and was glad to hear it again, and we got the good ol’ CGI horsefish  film.  Faithless- Wow! I did not see this coming. Another big treat!!! Rush are obviously proud of this song, and it was performed beautifully. To see Alex perform that gorgeous solo in front of me was sweeet.  BU2B- thundered, really thundered.  Marathon- great to hear. I was like whoa, it feels like 1985!  Subdivisions- always welcome, never gets old. It just gets better.

The whole MP was off the hook. TCE was very cool- I recall just moving with the music, smiling big and thinking “yay they’re playing it!” Caravan- was nailed, and then some! It was one of several highlights of the show, and sounded better than the record. Did Alex say they might re-record it? If it would sound anything like that night, the answer is yes to yes!!  Drum Solo (Love 4 Sale)- I enjoyed it, particularly the first part before the drum spun, but I didn’t find it as memorable as some of his other solos of tours past. But hey, great soloing as always from The Professor.  Closer to the Heart (with Alex acoustic intro)- I was like wow, he composed a new instrumental and before we knew it, it led into rearranged CTTH which I felt worked. Nice to hear that song again- always is.  2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx- what can be said 1022.gif Far Cry = awesome.  Just Killer encore!!!

I knew it was going to be a hot show, and a memorable one too, and it was. I thought Alex was engaged with the lively crowd (where I sat), spent some time with a couple ladies in front and threw some picks in their direction. He moved all around and spent time checking us out and at times interacting with us. He made eye contact with me two times; one time he seemed to give me a slight nod cool.gif Our seats were 5th row pit in front of Alex’s mike. I tried to remember to watch Neil more, and when I was, I was rewarded with his thundering drum pounding and all those fills. And on that funked up steampunkified drum set, he it was a spectacle to behold and hear man. Geddy sometimes seemed far away on this keyboards from my vantage view, but he came over to the left several times and gave our section at big thrill each time. His voice was in great shape, and he was bringing it. Me and my friend sat by a Swede in town for the show. I asked him if he saw the Liberty Bell, and he didn’t know what I was talking about  laugh.gif  He was seeing 3 shows this tour. Seemed like a great guy- very friendly. I remember being so happy during the first set. I was having just the greatest time. If I wasn’t singing I was smiling. It was so hot in there, it felt like over 110F by the stage. It was affecting my friend, but it just couldn’t get to me. I was so focused in on and enjoying the band and that music. The first set ended way too soon and I went out for a little breather. The 2nd set was amazing as well, and even though getting towards the end of the show the heat fatigue was setting in and my foot ached from bouncing throughout, I loved every minute of the show.  I heard two, maybe three mistakes but they seemed pretty minor. All the films were hilarious. The light show was spectacular as usual, and the fire was GREAT! In the end, Geddy told us what a great crowd we were, so I knew Rush felt the love.

Whewww...

#44 Met_Neil_In_91

Met_Neil_In_91

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

Despite the heat and the venue (I would rather an arena show), it was in the top 2 Rush concerts for me. I couldn't see the rear screen or get the full effect of the lights because I was off to the side, but it didn't matter. The song choices and performance was amazing for me. I really love the newer material as much as the older. It would have been great to hear One Little Victory again, but oh well. The Vapor Trails show in South Philly in October of 02 was the other show that was just incredible for me. I can't wait until they swing by again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users