07/01/10 - Kansas City, MO

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33767 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Meetup talk for the 07/01/10 show at the Starlight Theatre in Kansas City, MO.

Sponsored Post

#2 rummut71

rummut71

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

Don't know the validity of this, but if you are going to KC then this was posted at CP:

Posted Today, 05:48:40 PM

Hello all,

I put this in here instead of the KC show section cause I wanted as many people to see it tonite as possible. The presales have not even begun but If you want great seats to KC go right now to Ticketmaster and click on the KC date where it says "More info". That will bring you to the Starlite Theatre website where you can click on the purple link to be "within the first 15 rows" and then put in 1-8 tickets at a face value price and as long as you pick one $179.00 premium package you can get all the tickets at face plus that one package price. TM is making each "VIP" ticket $300 bucks, in other words one premium package per ticket. Don't know if the venue has messed this up or not but anyway this is really and incredible find and it will all make sense when you see it and if you really measure what is being offered there vs TM. There are 3rd - 5th row tickets still available in the PC section and 6th - 15th row ORCH tickets available. For instance I could have just snagged (8) 10th row center seats for a little over face value, considering the $179 premium package being blended in to the overall ticket count and price. The more you buy the less the ticket price per ticket. I want as many true Rush fans to get these so that scalpers cannot. Happy searching, y'all.

Cheers,
Justin

If this actually works, then f**k those scalpers and get your asses over there before it is too late.

Hope it works. Punks... tongue.gif

#3 Zate

Zate

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

I got home about an hour ago and noticed an e-mail announcement that directed me to the tickets.  I was able to get ORCH 1 row F, which sounds pretty good.  I don't know what row that actually is, but I'm happy to be in the middle, especially considering that I found out about it a few hours late.

#4 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts
  • Interests:airplanes and rockets

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:27 AM

I'll be there

#5 Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

I, too, saw that the presale went 'live' last night and even though it did some damage to the bank account, I had to snag the 4th row aisle seat on Geddy's side that popped up!  I probably would've bought at least half the stuff in the swag bag anyway, so to 'pre-pay' for it AND assure myself a great seat, it's a no-brainer.

#6 OldRod

OldRod

The Seeker

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:29 AM

Someone must have screwed up - I go there now and get a popup saying tickets go on sale at 10:00 am.

Why do I always miss the good "mistakes"?   angry.gif  

#7 OldRod

OldRod

The Seeker

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

I got my ticket!

Row E in Orchestra 2, same row as last time, but on Geddy's side this time instead of Alex.  And about 7 seats closer to the center... I am happy!  smile.gif

#8 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:23 AM

All I can say is.....

It's gonna be one hellofa show!!!!!!

#9 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hey, I lived in Grandview Missouri in the late sixties. Stop by and give a wave will ya? laugh.gif  653.gif  trink39.gif

#10 Checkster2112

Checkster2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:I'm a music major and focus primarily in jazz studies.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

Anybody ever been to a show sitting in the back tier at Starlight? I already have tickets for STL, but I was thinking about picked up a cheap ticket for KC too. I haven't been to Starlight and I don't know if its worth heading up to KC just to sit way in the back.

#11 bigalfan

bigalfan

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1312 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Apologetics, Hiking, Guitar, Bicycling (road), Music, Hangin' out with my wife

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY....AND COUNTING!

user posted image

#12 bigalfan

bigalfan

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1312 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Apologetics, Hiking, Guitar, Bicycling (road), Music, Hangin' out with my wife

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

For all of you - especially out-of-towners (like me smile.gif ) who plan on attending this one, I cannot recommend the following KC BBQ restaurant more highly. KC is famous for it's BBQ, and this is one of the one's that make them famous. The Plaza is not too far from the Starlight (15 minutes) - that's where you'll find one of four (I think) locations. Enjoy!

JACK STACK'S BBQ  

#13 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:23 AM

Thanks. Might have to check that out.

#14 Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

A friend of mine got off work for the show and is going to go, but needs a ticket.  If anybody has an extra within the first 10 rows, let me know ASAP.  Thanks!

#15 bigalfan

bigalfan

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1312 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:48 AM

For all of you who've been to a Rush concert as a TRF member, is there a customary TRF member meet/greet b4 the concert or during the intermission?

Edited by bigalfan, 27 June 2010 - 05:49 AM.

#16 bigalfan

bigalfan

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1312 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

See all who are coming on Thursday!!!  trink39.gif  The RIAB rehearsal setlist seems to be heating up the boards and I am going to have to exit stage left to avoid the temptation to peek. Don't wanna know. Be safe and looking forward to meeting some of you!!

Hey ABQ crew - HAVE A GREAT TIME TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!   common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

ADIOS all....for a few days.   biggrin.gif  

#17 OldRod

OldRod

The Seeker

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

I too am trying to avoid spoilers - with this only being the 2nd show of the tour, it's easier than in the past... but it's still hard smile.gif

See you all tomorrow night - prepare to be rocked!  1022.gif  

#18 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

^^^^you know it 1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  

#19 bigalfan

bigalfan

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1312 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (OldRod @ Jun 30 2010, 07:08 AM)
I too am trying to avoid spoilers - with this only being the 2nd show of the tour, it's easier than in the past... but it's still hard smile.gif

See you all tomorrow night - prepare to be rocked!  1022.gif

Well, OldRod - you have more fortitude than I.   wink.gif   My post (above) is, obviously, no longer valid!   ohmy.gif   doh.gif  

TO TOMORROW NIGHT!!   trink39.gif  1287.gif  common001.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  th1245.gif  1022.gif  

#20 ridertoo98

ridertoo98

Never misses a birthday

• Members *
  • 8234 posts
  • Interests:music,firearms,motorcycles,my GF, my kids, cars, PC games
    learning new stuff, my pet cats

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

To all you 2nd niters. trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink39.gif  2.gif  2.gif  applaudit.gif   Somebody get a BBQ sandwhich for me. love KC bbqenjoy the show !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users