Hey Alex... play Broon's Bane!

shaun3701

How awesome would it be if Alex played this on the tour, leading into The Trees? Just like on ESL. It'd be even more awesome if it was followed by Xanadu in it's entirety.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 12 2010, 01:08 AM)
How awesome would it be if Alex played this on the tour, leading into The Trees? Just like on ESL. It'd be even more awesome if it was followed by Xanadu in it's entirety.

yes.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 12 2010, 02:08 AM)

I already suggested this, and it sure as hell would fit the "Time Machine" nicely! There are a number of throwback things they can do, from video intros to the songs, to musical differences such as this one we both mentioned, or the ESL acoustic guitar intro to Jacob's Ladder.

1022.gif

I certainly don't claim any inside knowledge but I think in spite of the "Time Machine" name they've given this tour some people are expecting a little too much. That's essentially what the R30 tour was for. I'll be surprised if it's as nostalgia-based as some here are expecting.

I would be beyond excited if that happened, although I agree with the earlier post: We are expecting too much. The fact that all of Moving Pictures is being played is substantial on its own.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 12 2010, 01:47 PM)
I certainly don't claim any inside knowledge but I think in spite of the "Time Machine" name they've given this tour some people are expecting a little too much. That's essentially what the R30 tour was for. I'll be surprised if it's as nostalgia-based as some here are expecting.

yeah... I think it is going to be pretty similar to the last few tours.

thats ok though.

I hope I can get the time off to go see 'em...

ah... wait... I hope I can get a job so that I can get time off to see go them.

laugh.gif

And R30 really didn't live up to its billing either. There was the R30 Overture and a piece of Xanadu, but most of the show was very similar to the VT tour. We still had to sit through Roll The Bones, (As I fear we might again this time), and we didn't see any full parts of Hemispheres,

no Jacob's Ladder etc. I think expectations are going to run very high for this and unfortunately I think there will be disappointment.

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Apr 12 2010, 03:17 PM)

And R30 really didn't live up to its billing either. There was the R30 Overture and a piece of Xanadu, but most of the show was very similar to the VT tour. We still had to sit through Roll The Bones, (As I fear we might again this time), and we didn't see any full parts of Hemispheres,

no Jacob's Ladder etc. I think expectations are going to run very high for this and unfortunately I think there will be disappointment.

PLEASE GOD no roll the bones!!! I wouldn't mind if they dropped Dreamline this time around either.

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Apr 12 2010, 02:17 PM)

Ah!

Another optimist.

Just what we need more of here on The Rush Forum.

i just hope they use the"time machine tour" to acyually branch out a bit and mix it up with lots of curve balls. this is no time to play more of the same to try and build the fan base. have some kahunas and be all over the place. Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Apr 12 2010, 03:17 PM)

That's all Rush does is disappoint their fans, isn't it?

Thanks for the positive vibes bruddah...

Rush fans are the greatest! unsure.gif

i just hope they use the"time machine tour" to acyually branch out a bit and mix it up with lots of curve balls. this is no time to play more of the same to try and build the fan base. have some kahunas and be all over the place.

They do that already a lot more than fans are willing to give them credit for. If you had told me 20 years ago that I could still look forward to them playing Natural Science, Between the Wheels, all of 2112, Working Man, By-Tor, Circumstances, A Passage to Bangkok, Entre Nous, Digital Man, etc. I would have said you were crazy. And I'm sure there will be more this tour including at least The Camera Eye as we already know. Last tour alone was a major shakeup of the setlist. They've played 47 completely different songs on the last two tours alone. That's more than most bands ever play in their whole career live. It's a huge number.

Who knows.... it wouldnt be that difficult for him to play Broon's Bane, heck, I can play Broon's Bane...

It has nothing to do with being difficult, hell, I used that piece to learn how to fingerpick and I play it nowdays note for note absentmindedly to warm up while I'm watching TV (not saying that makes me great, I'm just saying there's not much to it) but I don't think it has anything to do with that, fans just want to hear it. I totally understand that. It would be cool to hear and I think it would get a great audience response.

QUOTE (udanax @ Apr 12 2010, 03:54 PM)
Who knows.... it wouldnt be that difficult for him to play Broon's Bane, heck, I can play Broon's Bane...

They may surprise us

cool.gif

Ya?

That's hot...................

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 12 2010, 02:08 AM)

That would be EPIC!