Looks like I'll be getting lawn seats

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:58 PM)
I plan to attend both Toronto shows, and with the tickets at the prices they are, I think I'll be hitting the lawn for the Molson show. Is the lawn as bad as people on here say it is? Can you see anything?

I had lawn seats for R30, it wasn't that bad. I was right up front though, so I didnt have tons of people standing in front of me. I think it might suck if you dont get there early enough and get right at the front of the line.

Lawn seats are terrible. Not only are you far away, but the sound gets lots once you get out from under that roof over the seating sections.

I had lawn seats at PNC in NJ for the VT tour, the sound was so weak. Id rather just listen to live recordings in my car, sounds way better. You gotta be under that roof so the sound cant escape.

I've seen Rush a lot and am glad that I've seen them from all sorts of different vantage points, from the very front and center right to the back of the lawn.

Each experience is unique and I enjoyed every show. Even if you don't like the lawn much at the Amphitheater show you'll have your seats regardless at the ACC. If you were really worried about all this and need to stick to your budget, I'd suggest that instead of buying crappy tickets for both shows, just go to ONE and get a better seat. That's what I would do.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 12 2010, 09:58 AM)
I've seen Rush a lot and am glad that I've seen them from all sorts of different vantage points, from the very front and center right to the back of the lawn.

Each experience is unique and I enjoyed every show. Even if you don't like the lawn much at the Amphitheater show you'll have your seats regardless at the ACC. If you were really worried about all this and need to stick to your budget, I'd suggest that instead of buying crappy tickets for both shows, just go to ONE and get a better seat. That's what I would do.

That's certainly a good suggestion. And leave lesser interested parties at home. For instance my wife would "want" to go to be supportive (cuz she's awesome like that), but for that kind of dough I might try talking her out of it...even at the risk of hurting her feelings.

God it sucks you have to do this with concerts. I used to buy tickets by the handful and my friends would pay me back. No biggie. Could afford to even eat one or two on occasion. Now?? What bill doesn't get paid so I can go see Rush? (Not really, but....it's an expenditure).

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 11 2010, 09:58 PM)
I plan to attend both Toronto shows, and with the tickets at the prices they are, I think I'll be hitting the lawn for the Molson show. Is the lawn as bad as people on here say it is? Can you see anything?

Are the ticket prices up for the Toronto shows?? Or are you just speculating based on the prices of other tickets.

You should try to get good seats for 1 of the shows . F- it, you never know when it's over 1022.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 12 2010, 06:45 PM)
i'm definitely sitting a little further back this time but not quite lawn seats. i need to be able to sit down here and there when my energy dwindles. old.gif

laugh.gif I hear ya

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:58 PM)

Worse still is the sound from the lawn IMO.

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Apr 12 2010, 07:31 PM)
lawn seats arent as bad as people think. but i guess it depends on the venue.

And the weather laugh.gif

Everyone keep in mind that when it gets close to showtime there's a limited resale market for the lower-end seats and especially extra lawn seats. You can usually find plenty of them for below face value on ebay and especially in the parking lot. If you're in need of just a single or a pair and you're on a limited budget, I'd watch ebay in the week or two before the show for good deals, but primarily just show up at the venue. Lots of people would take almost anything for a non-premium seat at that point.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2010, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 12 2010, 06:45 PM)
i'm definitely sitting a little further back this time but not quite lawn seats.  i need to be able to sit down here and there when my energy dwindles. old.gif

laugh.gif I hear ya

Unless your on the lawn in New Jersey with the Pagscon crew. Then the energy and the beer flows!!! 1022.gif

I had a great time last year on the lawn at PNC. Of coarse I have seen Rush a gazillion times so its different for me at this stage.