INSANE Ticket Prices

Echoes

If you go to ticketmaster, you can check the ticket prices for the shows they have listed.

Today they added PNC to the list, and I am in utter disbelief. The highest price there is $156.25. And that's without all the fees. There's no way I can afford that. And I thought $125 was pushing it. <:U

Seriously?

fists crying.gif

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the band has no f-n idea that people are on hard times right now . With the bullshit fees you will be paying almost $200 a seat .Lovely

i dont care what it takes. Im getting the best seats i can possibly get. i was further away than i wanted to be in 07. not happening again this year. Especially with my favorite album being played in its entirety. theres no way i can do crappy seats/lawn

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 11 2010, 08:17 PM)
They must of talked to the Eagles. wacko.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:15 PM)
Im gonna do lawn for PNC. Saratoga I'm goin all out! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

If you havent checked, Saratoga is $125. Thats what I payed last tour ~

QUOTE (Echoes @ Apr 11 2010, 09:19 PM)

Hey I'm not arguin with that. Last tour our tickets were $120 at the Mohegan Sun and our seats were WAY IN THE BACK! $125 being the best is a good step up from that. UNless the best seats suck of course laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Echoes @ Apr 11 2010, 09:19 PM)

Hey I'm not arguin with that. Last tour our tickets were $120 at the Mohegan Sun and our seats were WAY IN THE BACK! $125 being the best is a good step up from that. UNless the best seats suck of course laugh.gif

haha, I hear ya. I would be somewhat satisfied with the same prices as last tour. Ah well. Gotta keep my fingers crossed for Camden. If not, then I'll be waving at you guys from the lawn xP

Anyone know what the prices will be like for Mohegan Sun this time around?

As for ticket prices being ridiculous, let's face it-they can probably make just as much money playing smaller venues and it's less work for everyone involved.

Now when their new album comes out next year, if they resort yet again to playing county fairs and small outdoor arenas, I'm gonna have to call it a day.

The other problem with tickets sales is the best ones always wind up in the hands of scalpers. So those prime seats always go for about $1,000. That is what REALLY sucks about the whole deal.

At least in arenas like MSG there are so many seat available you can get something good for a reasonable price, and those who want to spend a grand per ticket can knock themselves out.

But at Jones Beach or any of those Tweeter Centers they play in? Forget it.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 11 2010, 08:15 PM)
Apparently the band has no f-n idea that people are on hard times right now . With the bullshit fees you will be paying almost $200 a seat .Lovely

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

Do they think they are really worth that much?!

I saw the late, great John Entwistle FRONT ROW in 1998. Was right in front of him. How much was the ticket? $16.00! ohmy.gif

How many people were at the show? Maybe 30! ohmy.gif Probably less. The Master and his great band still played like they were playing Wembley or Madison Square Gardens.

AND! A few minutes after the show he went to the bar and had a a drink, talked and patiently signed tons of things for a few of us who who could not believe what we were seeing and experiencing. ohmy.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

And no security goons! Just John and a few fans who he treated like a dear uncle. Had to be one of the nicest and coolest people you could hope to meet. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

No, Neil it was NOT "unreal". Just a few people showing their love and appreciation for John and him thanking them for listening to his music and supporting him all those years. Hey Neil! Have you ever seen John's house?

http://pereds.com/cms/uploads/images/quarw...uarwood-850.jpg

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/john-e...view/?service=1

He knew "who" paid for it! rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

Now THAT whole night was PRICELESS! common001.gif

Edited by Earthshine

The band dont set the prices, its nothing to do with them, what do you think they sit round a table and discuss how much they think people can afford and then jack it up a bit ??

QUOTE (jesterhud @ Apr 12 2010, 02:51 AM)
The band dont set the prices, its nothing to do with them, what do you think they sit round a table and discuss how much they think people can afford and then jack it up a bit ??

Well, I guarantee they won't play for under a certain amount of jack.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 12 2010, 02:54 AM)

No of course not, thats just common sense, but dont blame the band for the prices

I think I heard Geddy comment on the price of ticket issue once a few years ago and he mentioned it's the promoters who set ticket prices, if I'm not mistaken.....but I would figure the band has some say in the matter.

I am disappointed with these prices as I paid in the area of 95 bucks for my 3rd row seat in '07. wtf.gif

QUOTE (jesterhud @ Apr 12 2010, 04:36 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 12 2010, 02:54 AM)

No of course not, thats just common sense, but dont blame the band for the prices

Earthshine enjoys blaming Neil Peart for everything from ticket prices to setlists to the current sorry state of network TV programming. Let's not ruin his fun.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 12 2010, 05:14 AM)
I think I heard Geddy comment on the price of ticket issue once a few years ago and he mentioned it's the promoters who set ticket prices, if I'm not mistaken.....but I would figure the band has some say in the matter.

I am disappointed with these prices as I paid in the area of 95 bucks for my 3rd row seat in '07. wtf.gif

if you think it's bad now wait until inflation comes around.

i might have to start listening to concerts from the parking lot. wacko.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 12 2010, 09:21 AM)

$95 for 3rd row sounds like the bargain of the century to me. . .

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 12 2010, 08:29 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 12 2010, 09:21 AM)

$95 for 3rd row sounds like the bargain of the century to me. . .

FOR SURE...where the hell do I sign up??! confused13.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 12 2010, 09:52 AM)
Time is money.

Time Machine Tour.

tongue.gif

Good one! laugh.gif translate: Money Machine Tour!

There ought to be a row of ATMs on Geddy's side of the stage. Or maybe a bank drive-thru window.