rush vip package

subdivisor

Don't do it. Ripoff..

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 11 2010, 08:08 PM)
Basically you pay loads of money and get a decent seat. No password, just expect to pay 300+ bucks a ticket. Im guessing closer to 500

Honestly, I really can't see VIP tickets being $300-$500... I think that's a bit unrealistic, and a bit of scaremongering to say that.

I could be wrong though. But Rush has historically been fairly reasonable with regard to ticket prices relative to other prominent artists out there. I mean, I know tickets are a lot more these days than they were 15 years ago, and Rush has kept up with that trend to a certain degree. But I really can't see the VIP prices being quite THAT high, especially given that the tix do not include a meet and greet or anything like that. Sure you get a bunch of cool stuff, but it's not like you get to meet the band or are even guaranteed something in the first 5 rows.

I'm guessing somewhere around $200-$250. Of course, we won't really know until they go on sale - and maybe something has changed in the last couple of years. But, as a point of comparison, we purchased a similar VIP package a couple of years ago for Yes (when Jon Anderson was going to be there, before he got sick), and we got 2nd row seats for like $175 each... that was a premium package with a T-shirt, VIP parking, etc.

Like I said, I could be wrong... but I think worst case scenario is $300 at the very top range of the price point (for VIP) - and I think it will probably be lower...

...unless fo course, someone here has some inside info on what the ACTUAL VIP prices are:)

BTW, to answer your question, here is the information we know so far about the VIP tix package, courtesy of Ticketmaster's website:

Package includes:

* One premium, reserved ticket located within the first 15 rows of the stage

* Specially Designed Rush Concert Shirt

* Collectible Tour Poster (limited edition, numbered)

* Official Rush Tour Program

* Copy of the new Rush DVD, "Beyond the Light of the Stage"

* Copy of the Rush CD, "Working Men"

* Set of official Rush guitar picks

Apparently, you also get VIP parking and special VIP "quick access", according to Ticketmaster (at leat, this is the case for the Seattle show).

No prices indicated as of yet... and they likely won't be revealed until the actual onsale (which certainly makes it hard for people to plan, doesn't it?)

Edited by theoriginalfuzz

QUOTE (theoriginalfuzz @ Apr 12 2010, 07:46 AM)
BTW, to answer your question, here is the information we know so far about the VIP tix package, courtesy of Ticketmaster's website:

Package includes:

Apparently, you also get VIP parking and special VIP "quick access", according to Ticketmaster (at leat, this is the case for the Seattle show).

No prices indicated as of yet... and they likely won't be revealed until the actual onsale (which certainly makes it hard for people to plan, doesn't it?)

YES! I'm putting a kidney and perhaps a cornea on Craigslist - it would be nice if I knew now what to charge for them! tongue.gif

QUOTE (theoriginalfuzz @ Apr 12 2010, 06:46 AM)

Package includes:

VIP for Heaven and Hell (sabbath) cost $450. Mind you it did include a meet and greet and 2 hours beer drinking

Edited by exiled yorkie

I am willing to bet this will be in the ballpark of about $500 a seat . I hope i am wrong for those of you doing this but, i really do not see it being much less

Package includes:

So for us bassists do we get one of Geddy's fingers?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2010, 10:09 AM)
I am willing to bet this will be in the ballpark of about $500 a seat . I hope i am wrong for those of you doing this but, i really do not see it being much less

I'm sorry, but if that is the case, that's really ridiculous.

I mean, look at the package:

Shirt - $40

Tour Poster - $20

Tour Program - $20

Documentary - $30

Working Men CD - $15

Picks - I dunno what makes them 'official', but I got some with the R30 package

So really, the Ticket is the big purchase. But I sat 10th row in London, Ontario back in 2007, and the ticket was only $80!

So, in total...I am calculating maybe $125 worth of stuff with the ticket, which maybe should cost around $125 MAX. So, a $250 package being sold for double the price...that doesn't seem right to me.

At least if there was some sort of 'Meet & Greet' involved, then I could maybe see why the price would be that high. Otherwise, I'm not sure this seems like a great deal, personally. eh.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 12 2010, 11:21 AM)
Package includes:

Then there would only be 10 bassists allowed to buy VIP packages. And the show would suck because Geddy wouldn't be able to play.

In short: bad idea. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 12 2010, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 12 2010, 11:21 AM)
Package includes:

Then there would only be 10 bassists allowed to buy VIP packages. And the show would suck because Geddy wouldn't be able to play.

In short: bad idea. tongue.gif

Not necessarily. Geddy's so awesome he could wail on the strings with his stumps without missing a step.

I can't imagine them being anywhere CLOSE to 500. I mean, I think I'm getting them regardless, but I'd rather not pay that much.

I saw Rush on the lawn of the Tweeter Center back in 2007. That was nice, but I really want to be closer this time around, and getting a VIP ticket will get me REALLY close. So I think it'd be worth it. Personally, I'm thinking between 150-250 2.gif

If it were only me it wouldn't be a big deal. But husband wants to go. I have a hard time forking over the equivalent of a mortgage payment, possibly more, for this. I'm not ruling it out yet, though.

I did ask him if I could get the VIP ticket for myself while he sits on the lawn. He was not amused.

if they have this VIP thing for tampa, my dad and i will most likely do this. we have until october to save up. My pops even said "screw lawn seats, we are gonna be f***in close"

If you pay $500 for that sort of ticket then VIP stands for Very Idiotic Person... 1022.gif wtf.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 13 2010, 05:21 AM)
Who knows: "Within the first 15 rows" could mean rows 10-15 for all we know.

Well, I purchased a similar VIP package for Yes (back when they were going to tour with Jon, before he got sick and they had to cancel the shows)... same deal, t-shirts, no meet and greet, guarateed tickets within the first 15 rows. We ended up getting 2nd row seats just slightly right of center. So you never know.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 12 2010, 02:35 PM)
I did ask him if I could get the VIP ticket for myself while he sits on the lawn. He was not amused.

Husbands are weird like that! Mine wouldn't go for it either... confused13.gif

Where in the hell do I find the info on the VIP packages for Atlanta?????? Seriously - stupid Ticketbastard website doesn't have it nor does the venue website. angry.gif