2010 NHL PLayoffs

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 11 2010, 06:32 PM)
First Round

EAST

Montreal vs. Washington

Crap: I don't know if i should just be happy they made it or be pissed when they go out 0-4 - wacko.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 11 2010, 07:38 PM)
First Round

EAST

Montreal vs. Washington

Crap: I don't know if i should just be happy they made it or be pissed when they go out 0-4 - wacko.gif

Don't bet on that. Montreal plays a good trapping style and the Caps don't do well against it. Also the Habs are one of the top PP teams and the Caps PK is terrible. This series will be closer than people think.

I also think the Devils and Penqueens are in trouble. The Queens will get by the Sens but it will be hard fought and the Devils probably lose to Philthy. Philthy has owned them this year.

And none of it matters because the SC champ comes out of the west this year. Either the Hawks or Wings.

The first NBC Saturday/Sunday traps, I mean afternoon games are Buffalo-Boston and Detroit-Phoenix. I only have to take a day off on the 24th, a 2 o'clock start for the Hawks-Preds game. I think I can swing it. unsure.gif Did I mention I hate NBC? angry.gif

And wow, we get right down to business on Wednesday hey?!

common001.gif

Here are my first round picks, no first round sweeps this year!

WAS vs MTL - Montreal in 6

NJ vs PHI - New Jersey in 6

BUF vs BOS - Buffalo in 5

PIT vs OTT - Ottawa in 7

SJ vs COL - Colorado in 7

CHI vs NAS - Chicago in 5

VAN vs LA - Vancouver in 6

PHX vs DET - Phoenix in 6

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 12 2010, 10:50 AM)
PIT vs OTT - Ottawa in 7

no.gif

I guess we're enemies for a bit eh Godeater... you know till the PENS STOMP THE SENS!!!!

tongue.gif

MTL over Washington in 6?

The Caps destined to fold like a cheap tent?

That should be interesting.

Let's go Flyers........................ 1022.gif

I do know however, they won't last long angry.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 12 2010, 11:56 AM)
PIT vs OTT - Ottawa in 7

no.gif

I guess we're enemies for a bit eh Godeater... you know till the PENS STOMP THE SENS!!!!

tongue.gif

Yeah since we are all pretty friendly here I try to keep the trash talking to a minimum.

I TRY.

It's tough sometimes especially because in "real life" I deal with some pretty obnoxious fans of rival teams. Funny enough it is mostly Pens and Leafs fans.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 12 2010, 12:06 PM)
MTL over Washington in 6?

The Caps destined to fold like a cheap tent?

That should be interesting.

I think it will go drastically one way or the other but I think the Habs can pull it off dude, this was the matchup I was hoping for the Habs for several weeks now and I'm not alone.

On the other hand the Habs are a fairly fragile team right now, they either will get off to a great start anchored by some terrific goaltending and get this done OR they will fall to pieces really fast and get swept in 4.

It's one of many VERY interesting series. I love the match-ups this yeah.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 11 2010, 07:43 PM)
So it begins trink39.gif

Lets Go Buffalo!

Much as I hate to say it-The Sabres will win in 5. I think the B's will win one game in the series. Miller is just too dominate against a team that is offensively challenged sad.gif

I think the Caps and the Pens will meet up in the Eastern Finals with the Caps edging the Pens 4-3 in the series.

Habs are done, Flyers are done, B's are done, Sens are done.

Out west, I would think that the Hawks and the Wings will be in the Western Finals. Reason? Sharks, who is a great team can't seem to make it out of the first round. Even with that said, let's say they make it out of the second round, they will fall apart there. They seem to be a strong leader short of going the whole way.

The reason I picked the Wings? Well, they're the Wings. How many times have they made it? How many times have they dominated? I think the Hawks time might come this year to make it to the Cup Finals. However, if this happens, I have to pick the Caps to win it. Those Caps are just too good!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 12 2010, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 12 2010, 11:56 AM)
PIT vs OTT - Ottawa in 7

no.gif

tongue.gif

Yeah since we are all pretty friendly here I try to keep the trash talking to a minimum.

I TRY.

It's tough sometimes especially because in "real life" I deal with some pretty obnoxious fans of rival teams. Funny enough it is mostly Pens and Leafs fans.

laugh.gif

Well... just a word of fair warning that on days we play eachother you might get a couple of BOMBS in your In-Box. tongue.gif laugh.gif

May the best team win!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 12 2010, 12:39 PM)
May the best team win!
trink39.gif

I'm so excited I wish it started tonight! Wednesday can't arrive soon enough!

And I'm glad that series is on alternating nights with the Habs/Caps games, there will be something exciting to watch every night.

Oh and I almost forgot, since I am so brimming with positivity today and have sunshine rainbows flying out of my ass like they've been blasted out of a cannon... I am soooo happy none of our games are stupid assed afternoon games - those piss me off so much. All games are 6:30 Eastern or later, thank GOD.

trink39.gif

Here are my first round picks, no first round sweeps this year!

SJ vs COL - Colorado in 7

I want some of what you're smoking. Being an Avs fan, I have to be pleased that we at least made the playoffs.

My picks

WAS vs MTL - Washington in 5

NJ vs PHI - New Jersey in 5

BUF vs BOS - Buffalo in 4

PIT vs OTT - Pittsburgh in 5

SJ vs COL - San Jose in 4

CHI vs NAS - Chicago in 5

VAN vs LA - Vancouver in 6

PHX vs DET - Detroit in 7

Over the past several years, my predictions have either been WAY off or pretty much right on the money. I'm guessing I'll probably be way off again this year.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 11 2010, 06:38 PM)
First Round

EAST

Montreal vs. Washington

Yup...I feel the same.

But the Habs did this to themselves. They have been on a downward spiral since the Isles game, and were lucky to get that last point (embarrassing losing to Toronto facepalm.gif ).

Anyways...I thought their two worst matchups in the East would be either the Caps or Devils. I think in a way, the Caps may be the lesser of two evils simply because Brodeur is a pure Hab-killer. Has always been.

The problem they will have with the Caps is containing their high-powered offence. The Caps will probably win the series on offence alone. The Habs have had alot of problems scoring a lot per game. The upside is the Caps' goaltending is not as much of a sure thing.

The bottom line is, we will need HALAK to stand on his head throughout the whole series in order to stand a chance at making it to the second round.

Should be a fun series to watch regardless! yes.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 12 2010, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 12 2010, 11:14 PM)
Bruins in 6

probably... with my luck eh.gif

This series is going to be closer than people think. I see a lot of 2-1 games with the way Miller and Rask are playing.