Lack Of Indy Show Is Puzzling?

presto123

I think they have made an Indy stop on every tour they have ever done. And Indy always gets great crowds. And I'm pretty sure there are holes in their schedule around the St. Louis date and Verizon center here also has a lot of holes I believe. Are they adding any more dates this summer?

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 11 2010, 03:22 PM)
I think they have made an Indy stop on every tour they have ever done. And Indy always gets great crowds. And I'm pretty sure there are holes in their schedule around the St. Louis date and Verizon center here also has a lot of holes I believe. Are they adding any more dates this summer?

You are correct on both counts. Rush has never skipped Indy, in fact they've occasionally come around twice in the same tour, (S&A wasn't the first time) and they always draw a great crowd. What's going on this time, and will an Indy date (or 2) be added? Wish I knew. I hope so... confused13.gif

There's no Indy date being added in 2010 - sorry. There are only 2 US shows left to be added as of now and they're both additional nights in a city they're already playing.

While they definitely do draw well in Indy (~9.5K the last 2 years), it's actually one of the lower grossing shows of the tour from a revenue perspective. They made in the 400k range for the 2007 and 2008 shows there which is typical for a smaller market show. The biggest shows will gross around 1M and the bigger cities will generally gross upwards of 500K. So with a smaller # of dates to book this time (only 35 US shows total), Indy really wasn't a "must-play."

So I guess Detroit is out as well. I just can't believe they would skip one of the best markets in the world, but maybe there was a good reason that I just don't know of. I'm not gonna change my opinion of the band for the skip, but there could be quite a few people who skip Detroit next year because of the snub this year, who knows.

I remember a post promising a July 24th, 2010 date at Verizon in Noblesville, IN....Now, where did I see that? confused13.gif

Seriously ScoreOut, here we go again. You make all these declaritive statements as if yours is the final word on the subject, then you refuse to back up your statements, and when confronted about it, you say "I don't care if you believe me, or not!"(paraphrasing). Well, for someone who doesn't care if he's believed, you sure are trying hard to be convincing. You do a good job btw, it's just that you seem just a little too eager to be known as the guy with "inside connections". It kinda kills your credibility. So does the part about protecting a friend's job. If I had a friend on the "inside", I'd keep what I "know for a fact" to myself....but that's just me....Btw, all those facts and figures you quote about "Rush in Indy" (lol)...seen 'em, knew all that. wink.gif

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Apr 11 2010, 04:51 PM)
I remember a post promising a July 24th, 2010 date at Verizon in Noblesville, IN....Now, where did I see that? confused13.gif

Seriously ScoreOut, here we go again. You make all these declaritive statements as if yours is the final word on the subject, then you refuse to back up your statements, and when confronted about it, you say "I don't care if you believe me, or not!"(paraphrasing). Well, for someone who doesn't care if he's believed, you sure are trying hard to be convincing. You do a good job btw, it's just that you seem just a little too eager to be known as the guy with "inside connections". It kinda kills your credibility. So does the part about protecting a friend's job. If I had a friend on the "inside", I'd keep what I "know for a fact" to myself....but that's just me....Btw, all those facts and figures you quote about "Rush in Indy" (lol)...seen 'em, knew all that. wink.gif

Are you really going to do this every single time I post? It's pretty annoying. Why don't you go review all my posts from the past 90-120 days and then decide if you think my credibility should be questioned. I think you'll find that every "declarative statement" I've made regarding information not in the public domain at the time has turned out to be correct - which should more than back up my statements.

If I was eager to be known as "a guy with connections" and looking to draw attention to myself, I'd be starting new topics blatantly pointing these things out, not burying my posts on page 5 of threads. I'm trying to share what I know and to correct misinformation when the opportunity presents itself and I can do it without disclosing too much. I'm sorry if that bothers you for some odd reason. I suspect you're in the minority.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 11 2010, 07:02 PM)
I remember a post promising a July 24th, 2010 date at Verizon in Noblesville, IN....Now, where did I see that?  confused13.gif

Seriously ScoreOut, here we go again. You make all these declaritive statements as if yours is the final word on the subject, then you refuse to back up your statements, and when confronted about it, you say "I don't care if you believe me, or not!"(paraphrasing). Well, for someone who doesn't care if he's believed, you sure are trying hard to be convincing. You do a good job btw, it's just that you seem just a little too eager to be known as the guy with "inside connections". It kinda kills your credibility. So does the part about protecting a friend's job. If I had a friend on the "inside", I'd keep what I "know for a fact" to myself....but that's just me....Btw, all those facts and figures you quote about "Rush in Indy" (lol)...seen 'em, knew all that.  wink.gif

Are you really going to do this every single time I post? It's pretty annoying. Why don't you go review all my posts from the past 90-120 days and then decide if you think my credibility should be questioned. I think you'll find that every "declarative statement" I've made regarding information not in the public domain at the time has turned out to be correct - which should more than back up my statements.

If I was eager to be known as "a guy with connections" and looking to draw attention to myself, I'd be starting new topics blatantly pointing these things out, not burying my posts on page 5 of threads. I'm trying to share what I know and to correct misinformation when the opportunity presents itself and I can do it without disclosing too much. I'm sorry if that bothers you for some odd reason. I suspect you're in the minority.

goodpost.gif

I'm disappointed also there not coming to Northeast Ohio, Blossom or the "Q" in Cleveland on this limited tour as first listed by RIAB. Rush had good crowds at Blossom R30 and S&A 2007. BUT .. I'm sure when the new album is completed a full blown tour will take place. They will most likely play Cuyahoga Falls Blossom. I can't see them skipping Indy or Detroit and Cincinnati where they drew large enthusiastic crowds playing twice on S&A tours 2007/08. Just have to wait and have patience or travel if you REALLY want to see them this year. I still think they might add dates later into the summer...

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 11 2010, 05:12 PM)
There's no Indy date being added in 2010 - sorry. There are only 2 US shows left to be added as of now and they're both additional nights in a city they're already playing.

While they definitely do draw well in Indy (~9.5K the last 2 years), it's actually one of the lower grossing shows of the tour from a revenue perspective. They made in the 400k range for the 2007 and 2008 shows there which is typical for a smaller market show. The biggest shows will gross around 1M and the bigger cities will generally gross upwards of 500K. So with a smaller # of dates to book this time (only 35 US shows total), Indy really wasn't a "must-play."

So can we expect to see them back on the next one? It does suck. We've been spoiled. The next two closest venues are three and three 1/2 hours away. I've done it before, but not because I had too.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 11 2010, 05:12 PM)
There's no Indy date being added in 2010 - sorry.  There are only 2 US shows left to be added as of now and they're both additional nights in a city they're already playing.

While they definitely do draw well in Indy (~9.5K the last 2 years), it's actually one of the lower grossing shows of the tour from a revenue perspective.  They made in the 400k range for the 2007 and 2008 shows there which is typical for a smaller market show.  The biggest shows will gross around 1M and the bigger cities will generally gross upwards of 500K.  So with a smaller # of dates to book this time (only 35 US shows total), Indy really wasn't a "must-play."

So can we expect to see them back on the next one? It does suck. We've been spoiled. The next two closest venues are three and three 1/2 hours away. I've done it before, but not because I had too.

They won't start planning the 2011 venues until fall at the earliest, but assuming Alex is right about a slightly longer tour next year I think it's a safe bet to believe that most of the normal stops that aren't being hit in 2010 will be hit in 2011.

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Apr 11 2010, 04:07 PM)
Btw, how do we Hoosier hicks rate 2 visits from our boys in the same tour? I guess we're just that cool... wink.gif tongue.gif cool.gif rofl3.gif 1022.gif

Lol yeah rofl3.gif

Well since they aren't coming to indy, looks like i'm going to Chicago this year!

I remember a post promising a July 24th, 2010 date at Verizon in Noblesville, IN....Now, where did I see that?  confused13.gif

Seriously ScoreOut, here we go again. You make all these declaritive statements as if yours is the final word on the subject, then you refuse to back up your statements, and when confronted about it, you say "I don't care if you believe me, or not!"(paraphrasing). Well, for someone who doesn't care if he's believed, you sure are trying hard to be convincing. You do a good job btw, it's just that you seem just a little too eager to be known as the guy with "inside connections". It kinda kills your credibility. So does the part about protecting a friend's job. If I had a friend on the "inside", I'd keep what I "know for a fact" to myself....but that's just me....Btw, all those facts and figures you quote about "Rush in Indy" (lol)...seen 'em, knew all that.  wink.gif

You just made my point.

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:12 PM)

goodpost.gif

Not that anyone needs me rushing to their defense, but after what I am sure are innumerable bullshitters (I haven't been here long enough to say for sure, but I've seen a couple here and on CP) we finally have two posters here (FOH Lights is the other) who are for real as regards an inside track.

Let's not chase them off. FOH Lights left once after getting heaps of abuse and is still a bit cautious about jumping back in.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Apr 11 2010, 10:28 PM)
Btw, how do we Hoosier hicks rate 2 visits from our boys in the same tour? I guess we're just that cool... wink.gif  tongue.gif  cool.gif  rofl3.gif  1022.gif

Lol yeah rofl3.gif

Well since they aren't coming to indy, looks like i'm going to Chicago this year!

Same here. Maybe even Ohio too. I'm not used to planning out a Rush show. All the driving and hotel reservations. Cities you're not familiar with. We've been spoiled fellow Hoosiers. This is bullshit. Chicago better be one of the best shows ever if I'm going to do this twice in one summer. We need to all meet at Verizon in Noblesville and protest. Get the news involved. Arson. Riots. Mass hysteria. Hire some midget strippers and have them shave people's cats. Whatever it takes to get their attention. Let me know if you want in.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 11 2010, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 11 2010, 08:12 PM)

goodpost.gif

Not that anyone needs me rushing to their defense, but after what I am sure are innumerable bullshitters (I haven't been here long enough to say for sure, but I've seen a couple here and on CP) we finally have two posters here (FOH Lights is the other) who are for real as regards an inside track.

Let's not chase them off. FOH Lights left once after getting heaps of abuse and is still a bit cautious about jumping back in.

Mara, (and ScoreOut) I'm really not out to chase anyone off, but I've been around long enough to experience my fair share of bullshitters, rumor spreaders, and trolls. Under the circumstances, I can't help but continue to be skeptical.

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 11 2010, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Apr 11 2010, 10:28 PM)
Btw, how do we Hoosier hicks rate 2 visits from our boys in the same tour? I guess we're just that cool... wink.gif  tongue.gif  cool.gif  rofl3.gif  1022.gif

Lol yeah rofl3.gif

Same here. Maybe even Ohio too. I'm not used to planning out a Rush show. All the driving and hotel reservations. Cities you're not familiar with. We've been spoiled fellow Hoosiers. This is bullshit. Chicago better be one of the best shows ever if I'm going to do this twice in one summer. We need to all meet at Verizon in Noblesville and protest. Get the news involved. Arson. Riots. Mass hysteria. Hire some midget strippers and have them shave people's cats. Whatever it takes to get their attention. Let me know if you want in.

I'm in! Fellow Hoosier 2.gif fans Unite!!!!!!("Back home agaaaaaain, in Indiana...." lol) Hello from Muncie bekloppt.gif We want 2.gif We want 2.gif We want 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Apr 11 2010, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 11 2010, 03:22 PM)

You are correct on both counts. Rush has never skipped Indy, in fact they've occasionally come around twice in the same tour, (S&A wasn't the first time) and they always draw a great crowd. What's going on this time, and will an Indy date (or 2) be added? Wish I knew. I hope so... confused13.gif

Well let's include

PHOENIX ARIZONA

Phx has never been passed over before......

QUOTE (krlowe @ Apr 11 2010, 04:53 PM)
No Detroit show is pure bullshit for sure......that sucks

It sucks that they're skipping Detroit for the first time, but at least they are on tour. We should all be thankful for that. Luckily, I've got a buddy's couch in Pittsburgh to crash on for the Consol Energy Center show. Brand new venue. Will be one of the first concerts there, if not the very first. Should be nice. I'd rather drive 5 hrs to Pitts than go thru border patrol for Sarnia, which is less than an hour away from me. Nope. No way. The Canadian border is not even worth crossing any more imho, and it's sad... eh.gif I hope my Canadian fan-friends on here understand! b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 12 2010, 09:48 AM)

It sucks that they're skipping Detroit for the first time, but at least they are on tour. We should all be thankful for that. Luckily, I've got a buddy's couch in Pittsburgh to crash on for the Consol Energy Center show. Brand new venue. Will be one of the first concerts there, if not the very first. Should be nice. I'd rather drive 5 hrs to Pitts than go thru border patrol for Sarnia, which is less than an hour away from me. Nope. No way. The Canadian border is not even worth crossing any more imho, and it's sad... eh.gif I hope my Canadian fan-friends on here understand! b_sigh.gif

Explain yourself. Getting into Canada is easy, getting back into the US is the hard part.

I'm also very disappointed that they're not going to be in NE Ohio, especially since I live only four miles from the Blossom. When I lived in Knoxville, I traveled 3 1/2 hours to see them in Atlanta in 2007, and 4 hours to see them in Cincinnatti in 2008. And before then, I had to travel 2+ hours from Champaign/Urbana to catch them in either Chicago or Indianapolis.

Oh well. Since I'm not working this summer I figured I'll go catch them in Summerfest in Milwaukee, and visit my family in Chicago that weekend.

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Apr 11 2010, 11:01 PM)
Mara, (and ScoreOut) I'm really not out to chase anyone off, but I've been around long enough to experience my fair share of bullshitters, rumor spreaders, and trolls. Under the circumstances, I can't help but continue to be skeptical.

Cool. You're skeptical. We get it.

But ScoreOut is not the only one irked by you repeating yourself every single time he posts something. I, for one, happen to enjoy reading his posts and find them plausible. Worst case scenarion, let's just say we're being led on by false information and taken hook, line and sinker......who really cares? It's just a message board.

And I believe he is right when he says you are in the minority in your views. You certainly have a right to be skeptical, but continually posting the same thing, thus forcing your viewpoint on others is bit much IMO.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 12 2010, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 12 2010, 09:48 AM)

Explain yourself. Getting into Canada is easy, getting back into the US is the hard part.

Maybe he didn't leave Canada of his own accord last time? tongue.gif