90 replies to this topic

#41 SunlightOnChrome

SunlightOnChrome

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Family, Rush, Baseball

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (PariahDog @ May 18 2010, 10:49 AM)
Regarding pricing...

For what it's worth, this year I paid $134 for row 12 at White River (Music Today) and $300 for row 8 in Las Vegas (Live Nation). 

Two years ago, I paid $100 for row 16 in Phoenix (Music Today).

IMO, these 2010 prices aren't unreasonable compared to other recent shows I've priced (Eagles, Roger Waters).

Yes, the StubHub prices suck, but those are broker and scalper prices, not the venues.

But if you want to be in the first few rows these days, then you're going to pay more.  It has never been easy to get the great seats, even before the rise of brokers and scalpers.  Twenty years ago, you could camp out at the box office and sometimes get lucky, but often you still wound up with mediocre seats.  And then they started passing out "lottery numbers" to people in line, making camping out a moot point. sad.gif 

I does seem like ticket buying is always rigged against the fans, and in favor of the scalpers and brokers. angry.gif  But even though the current system is still frustrating, I have gotten consistently better Rush seats (admittedly more $) through online pre-sales than through the old days of camping out at the box office.

I agree.
I remember going to the T4E tour.  We were second in line and ended up with row 33 at The Gorge.  Are you kidding me???  We were expecting row 10 or so being second in line.  
For the 2nd leg of S&A at the Gorge, I was able to get row 16 online and I got row 10 this time, also online.  My tickets were $130 each this time around, after fees.  I don't think that is too bad at all.  And when you compare it to the inflation on other items like gas and groceries, it is probably behind the curve.

Sponsored Post

#42 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Lady April @ May 18 2010, 09:20 AM)
The husband and I are bringing the daughter this year to see Rush! Her second concert, well 4th or 5th if you count her Daddy's shows, her first being ZZ Top. There are people travelling with in my truck and like 5 or 6 other friends who are going to meet up with us there! Going to be a great time! 1022.gif

I hope I can be one of the lucky ones in the truck with you next year Apes!!!  wub.gif

#43 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

I am hoping to make this gig but the past few months have thrown my life off course with family health issues. I really want to be there and want to meet up with others before the concert. Just have to see how things go.

trink39.gif  

#44 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 1 2010, 08:54 PM)
I am hoping to make this gig but the past few months have thrown my life off course with family health issues. I really want to be there and want to meet up with others before the concert. Just have to see how things go.

trink39.gif

I hope everything is ok.  sad.gif

I can't make the show but if you're going to be in Seattle for a bit, I'd love to meet up!

#45 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 2 2010, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 1 2010, 08:54 PM)

trink39.gif

I hope everything is ok.  sad.gif

I can't make the show but if you're going to be in Seattle for a bit, I'd love to meet up!

Hello my fellow runner! biggrin.gif

All is well now, I had to help out my mother for a few months. I really want to make the show but the new job I have is leaning towards no, but we will see. If I can make it, we can hook up before the show ok!! I hope all is well with you and your family.

trink39.gif

Edited by troutman, 02 June 2010 - 10:36 PM.

#46 ozzy85

ozzy85

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3315 posts
  • Interests:Metal. Beer. Powerbelching. \m/

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:45 AM

Long time no see, Trout! Howareya?

#47 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jun 5 2010, 08:45 PM)

Doing well. biggrin.gif  I hope your doing well also.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I am working on making it to the show. Maybe we can hook up before the concert and have a few.  trink38.gif  biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

Edited by troutman, 06 June 2010 - 09:41 PM.

#48 ozzy85

ozzy85

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3315 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 6 2010, 09:38 PM)

Doing well. biggrin.gif  I hope your doing well also.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I am working on making it to the show. Maybe we can hook up before the concert and have a few.  trink38.gif  biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

Hope it works for you to go.  Yeah, we'll have a  trink38.gif  

#49 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jun 7 2010, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 6 2010, 09:38 PM)

Hope it works for you to go.  Yeah, we'll have a  trink38.gif

I will keep you posted. biggrin.gif  trink39.gif  

#50 Alsgalpal

Alsgalpal

Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

• Members *
  • 16287 posts
  • Interests:Music, sportbikes, photography and horses...

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

I'm still not sure if I will be able to attend, but I will give it the ol' college try!

cheer.gif

#51 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jun 20 2010, 06:19 PM)
I'm still not sure if I will be able to attend, but I will give it the ol' college try!

cheer.gif

bekloppt.gif

I will know in a week or so.  biggrin.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif  

#52 BrightAntennae

BrightAntennae

The Seeker

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Music, Hiking/Camping

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (SunlightOnChrome @ May 18 2010, 12:25 PM)
Does anyone know anything about the seating here?  I went for the first leg of S&A and sat quite a way back, so I didn't pay any attention to the closer seating .  This time I got section 5, row 10 which is the second row in the section, About 9 rows from the stage.  
My question is, does anyone know if the seats in that area are raised above the seats in front of them?  Or is it flat seating until farther back?

If I remember correctly, floor seating is very slightly raised from back to front.

#53 SunlightOnChrome

SunlightOnChrome

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Family, Rush, Baseball

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

Thanks, I was hoping it was.
Tickets came the other day 1022.gif I'm pumped.  

#54 Nate1647

Nate1647

The Seeker

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Rush...Rush.

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

Didn't think I was gonna be able to make it due to money issues, so i was pretty bummed. Buddy calls me up and says if i can pay for 1 ticket his dad will cover gas/food/lodging as his graduation present. So i shelled out the 80 bucks for section 203, row 28, seat 7, and my buddy has seat 8. not anything close at all, but i'm just stoked that i'll be there for this awesome tour

Edited by Nate1647, 27 June 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#55 ozzy85

ozzy85

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3315 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

I'm also in the 200 section.  It's pretty OK.  That's where I was for Ozzy in '07.

#56 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jun 27 2010, 11:17 AM)
I'm also in the 200 section.  It's pretty OK.  That's where I was for Ozzy in '07.

Are you planning on taking your camera?

I'm counting on some good pics of the show since I can't go!  biggrin.gif  

#57 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts
  • Interests:Cosmic hopscotching, tripping over my own feet, 'foot in mouth' and other tactful exercises to no avail, my daughter is kick ass, all my pets are kick ass, British Comedy is kick ass, Sci-Fi is kick ass and of course Music duh.

Not of interest: Chodes!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

Got the tix, got the camera ready, got our posseeto fill muh truck including my kid! This is gonna Rock some serious shit! 1022.gif  

#58 ozzy85

ozzy85

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3315 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 27 2010, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jun 27 2010, 11:17 AM)
I'm also in the 200 section.  It's pretty OK.  That's where I was for Ozzy in '07.

Are you planning on taking your camera?

I'm counting on some good pics of the show since I can't go!  biggrin.gif

Gonna try.  I totally missed the boat on that one last time.  I'll have to see how far the stage is.

#59 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

I can't stand the thought of not going. I thought I could accept it but I don't think I can! I sent an email to a friend I haven't seen for a while asking if he would be interested in going to the show with me. I know he's a Rush fan. So, we'll see.  

#60 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 2 2010, 09:44 AM)
I can't stand the thought of not going. I thought I could accept it but I don't think I can! I sent an email to a friend I haven't seen for a while asking if he would be interested in going to the show with me. I know he's a Rush fan. So, we'll see.

Same here. sad.gif It's not looking good. But a friend has offered me some free miles so we will see. I really want to see the boy's 1022.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users