176 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2159 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

My daughter Sam and I are attending. 13th row, Alex's side. Sam is starting college at UGA and is driving up from Athens to the show. It will be strange meeting up with my own daughter at a show (they grow up to fast!)

Sponsored Post

#22 fordgt99

fordgt99

The Seeker

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

Got a ticket in sec 105 ($59 ticket before all the bs fees). The VIP package is $279 (but will end up being at least $300 after fees, if you elect to pay for parking and mailing option).  

#23 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25530 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

Gulp.  $385 later. . .
I have a VIP package for myself.  Alex's side, Row C Seat 4, so it's about 8 rows from the front and very close to the center.

Husband said it was okay to do this. I got him Ged's side about 12 rows back, standard package.  I'll swap with him for a few songs just so he can have the up close experience.

It just became more and more apparent that almost all the good Orch 2 tickets either landed in the hands of scalpers or that Ticketbastard had reserved them for the auction.  

#24 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

It'll just be me and my husband - Kerry won't be able to make it to this, unfortunately.  He'd have to miss 2 days of school, (having just started a couple of weeks before) a day of football practice, and a football game - assuming he makes the team.

I'll get him to a show next summer if at all possible.

Anyway, best seats hubby could get was sec. 103, row N, seats 1 & 2.  So, kind of meh...but at least we'll be there.

#25 fordgt99

fordgt99

The Seeker

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 30 2010, 09:48 AM)
Gulp.  $385 later. . .
I have a VIP package for myself.  Alex's side, Row C Seat 4, so it's about 8 rows from the front and very close to the center.

Husband said it was okay to do this. I got him Ged's side about 12 rows back, standard package.  I'll swap with him for a few songs just so he can have the up close experience.

It just became more and more apparent that almost all the good Orch 2 tickets either landed in the hands of scalpers or that Ticketbastard had reserved them for the auction.

Look at some of the "offers" for pit seats:

http://www.stubhub.com/rush-tickets/rush-a...29-2010-952936/

#26 tupelobarchetta

tupelobarchetta

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, writing, sports.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

I made a bid on Tickmaster for pit seats, but kinda glad I got outbid. After thinking it through, I think I'm already paying enough for the tickets I have. I'm satisfied with my Orchestra 2 seats, hoping it will be a good center view of the stage.  

#27 mazyyz

mazyyz

The Professor

• Members
  • 4634 posts
  • Interests:Rush

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 12 2010, 04:34 PM)
Good venue...crap part of town.

You must be speaking of Lakewood, because that is in a crap part of town.  But Lakewood is a piece of shit, by the way.  I think Verizon is a great venue, and remember they filmed part of the S&A tour there.

#28 fordgt99

fordgt99

The Seeker

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 6 2010, 10:30 PM)

You must be speaking of Lakewood, because that is in a crap part of town.  But Lakewood is a piece of shit, by the way.  I think Verizon is a great venue, and remember they filmed part of the S&A tour there.

Yeah the area around Lakewood...scary!!!  biggrin.gif Really the only problem I have with the venue itself is the staff. At the 07 S&A show I brought my little point & shoot camera after calling to confirm it was ok. However I got turned away at the gate and had to walk back to the car!  angry.gif Some people did sneak cameras in, but I kept seeing the "wonderful" staff make em stop taking pics.  

#29 tupelobarchetta

tupelobarchetta

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, writing, sports.

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ May 7 2010, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 6 2010, 10:30 PM)

Yeah the area around Lakewood...scary!!!  biggrin.gif Really the only problem I have with the venue itself is the staff. At the 07 S&A show I brought my little point & shoot camera after calling to confirm it was ok. However I got turned away at the gate and had to walk back to the car!  angry.gif Some people did sneak cameras in, but I kept seeing the "wonderful" staff make em stop taking pics.

The last time I visited Lakewood (Vans Warped Tour, 2009), several cars in one of the auxiliary parking lots away from the park property were towed while the owners were enjoying the festival. The car owners were told they could park there by the lot attendants, who must've had a scam going in association with some of the towers in south Atlanta/East Point.

The police were called to the scene, but they were of no use. The car owners were beginning to panic fearing they were going to be stuck in that part of town with a thunderstorm on the way and night time to follow. They were all given vague instructions on how to find their vehicles.

I walked by all this commotion to get my own car in another lot and drove back to see if anyone needed assistance (My daughter and her friends were still enjoying the festival while this was going on). I met a woman and her teenage daughter from Macon, Ga., whose car was gone, and they were very emotional after arguing with the sneaky parking lot attendants and the police. I offered the two a ride to find their car. It took us an hour to find the garage/junkyard where their car had been taken. After encountering some unfriendly-looking dudes, we finally met the manager of the place. and he said the towing fee was $150. The mom and daughter were really scared at this point and said they had only $20 on them. I whipped out a $100 bill and said that was all I had. I was prepared to haggle, but the garage owner said he'd settle for $100. We walked through most of the junkyard to find their car. It was scary.

The mom said she'd mail me $100 to pay me back. I never received the money, but I'm not upset about it. I was glad to be a Good Samaritan, to help them find their car and see them get out of that place safely.

Moral to this story: Avoid concerts at Lakewood Amphitheatre. If you have to go there, never park in one of the unofficial parking areas away from the park property.

Moral to the Story, Part II: Hope your favorite band schedules its Atlanta-area concerts at Verizon in Alpharetta.

Edited by tupelobarchetta, 08 May 2010 - 11:12 PM.

#30 ES-335

ES-335

The Peaceable Kingdummy

• Members *
  • 2789 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

I will be there!

Concerning the Lakewood vs Alpharetta discussion ... as a person who grew up in the Lakewood area and who now lives in the Alpharetta area ... they are two different worlds. There is absolutely no comparison ... Alpharetta is nicer and infinitely safer. That is all I have to say about that!      

#31 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34697 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (ES-335 @ May 9 2010, 10:28 PM)
I will be there!

Concerning the Lakewood vs Alpharetta discussion ... as a person who grew up in the Lakewood area and who now lives in the Alpharetta area ... they are two different worlds. There is absolutely no comparison ... Alpharetta is nicer and infinitely safer. That is all I have to say about that!

Hey Lee!  trink39.gif  

#32 mazyyz

mazyyz

The Professor

• Members
  • 4634 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 9 2010, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ May 9 2010, 10:28 PM)
I will be there!

Hey Lee!  trink39.gif

Why don't you have Hanibal Lector in your Avi?  Probably one of the best villians ever.

#33 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Walking, especially with my dog, Jake; hiking in beautiful natural places, exercising, getting together with friends, studying and reading about diverse cultures and languages, reading and writing poetry, watching dog shows, listening to my favorite bands, and ESPECIALLY, listening to Rush CD's and watching/working out to Rush DVD's.

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:42 AM

I'm planning to be there (my first time in the Atlanta area) with Garden Dancer and her husband.  WE ALL ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! trink39.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif  bncegrn.gif  

#34 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Any suggestions as to a bar/restaurant in the area for a pre show party? 2 of us headed down 85 from Greenville for the show. LOVED this venue for S&A, I'll never go to Lamewood again for a show. just hope the severe weather holds off this time around.

#35 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (TWENTY_1_TWELVE @ Jun 19 2010, 08:14 AM)
Any suggestions as to a bar/restaurant in the area for a pre show party? 2 of us headed down 85 from Greenville for the show. LOVED this venue for S&A, I'll never go to Lamewood again for a show. just hope the severe weather holds off this time around.

I can't remember where the meet-up spot was last tour...since I missed it.

THIS time, we are leaving at the crack of dawn, so hopefully we can make a 2 1/2 hour drive in 10 hours or so.  There's bound to be road construction going on.

yes.gif

#36 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25530 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 19 2010, 11:12 AM)

THIS time, we are leaving at the crack of dawn, so hopefully we can make a 2 1/2 hour drive in 10 hours or so.  There's bound to be road construction going on.

yes.gif

We were at Champs last time, very close to the venue.  TRF was woefully underrepresented.  It was mostly people from the Rush Tour Forum.  

#37 mazyyz

mazyyz

The Professor

• Members
  • 4634 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 19 2010, 11:18 AM)

yes.gif

We were at Champs last time, very close to the venue.  TRF was woefully underrepresented.  It was mostly people from the Rush Tour Forum.

Champs sucks....should meet at the Ale House.   Not that much further..right before the 400 overpass on Mansell.  

#38 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 19 2010, 10:33 PM)

yes.gif

Champs sucks....should meet at the Ale House.   Not that much further..right before the 400 overpass on Mansell.

I've been there before. Pretty cool place with a great beer selection.

#39 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (TWENTY_1_TWELVE @ Jun 26 2010, 06:13 AM)

yes.gif

I need an address so I can map this out...is this the final choice for meeting up?

#40 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25530 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 1 2010, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (TWENTY_1_TWELVE @ Jun 26 2010, 06:13 AM)

yes.gif

I need an address so I can map this out...is this the final choice for meeting up?

confused13.gif Dunno yet.  So far we haven't had too many people chiming in with ideas. Surely Lee (ES355) will be attending, maybe a few others?  

I'm fine with just about any place.  Not picky at all.  

Edited by Mara, 01 July 2010 - 09:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users