advice on venues

Angua

OH has agreed that me and the lad (8) can come to the US to see a show from this tour from the UK. It will probably be Jones Beach as it fits with school holidays and time off work.

Anone know the area and give us advice on hotels etc, transport and all that stuff. Also anyone purchased ticket before for an overseas gig - Ticketmaster haven't bothered to reply yet smile.gif

Thanks

I'm near there. I'm actually definitely going to that show. If you go to this website http://www.jonesbeach.com/, you can find all kinds of information. Nearby lodging, etc., but I do not recommend buying tickets directly from that website. Also be advised that there is a one-lane exit from the venue (not kidding) so it's very difficult to get out after the show.

Good luck with your travels!

This was my last show on my "trip of a lifetime" back in 08 when I saw the boys 4 times for the very first time and I came all the way from Australia. I remember tossing up for awhile as to the best way to do this venue as it is a lttle out of New York central but I decided to catch a train out to the venue mid afternoon and walk around Jones Beach ( you could even have a swim) and then closer to show time as the sun is setting , casually make your way to the venue which is about a 20 minute walk from the main beach walkway. It was easier to catch the train back to my hotel after the gig which was after a short cab ride than I thought and you never know who you might meet. At the station I met RUSH's head chef who saw me looking at my tour book and asked me if I enjoyed the show. We shared the same train carriage and talked all the way back to Manhatton. I was buzzing for hours when I got back to my room after that let me tell you.