Is Toronto Rocks Worth It?

rushfan4life

I saw in my local best buy that they are selling the Toronto Rocks DVD for $17. The list includs 2.gif , ACDC, Rolling Stones and a couple others. The rush songs are Limelight, Tom Sawyer, and I think it was Freewill. I was wondering to anybody who has the DVD if it is woth the price? Thanks

Are you sure its Montreal Rocks.... Could it Be Toronto Rocks??

If it is, then it is worth it, I already own it, and when I got it, it was $40

No don't get that version.

There is a much better boot that gets rid of the rubbish performances and just shows the entire Rush, AC-DC and RS sets (including a rare Rush version of Paint it Black)

It also shows Justin Timberlake getting bottles thrown at him, worth the price alone lol.

The commercial version goes directly to SARS relief - the boot has more Rush and ACDC, but the camera views are screwed. Like during the solos in YYZ, they'll focus on the wrong band member.

Either way, I have the legit copy and the boot. I like them both.

I don't care for it. After RIR, it's no comparison, they do all the songs on RIR and they do them better, in addition, the fans seem blah, and the disrespectful backstage moron that started the sympathy for the devil sample while they played...just pisses me off. I'm glad they did the benefit. Just not a great performance in my opinion.

I WAS AT THE SHOW!!! I bought it for that, to see if I made it on camera...I also bought it to support the SARS problem, and just because Rush is on it...Did I mention that the concert is just 10mins away from my house!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 29 2005, 09:10 PM)
Justin's bottle episode is on the commercially released DVD as well...he's singing "Miss You" with the Stones and a few bottles come up and Keith Richards yells at the crowd for a couple minutes. It's awesome.

His solo performance is where he was totally bombarded with water bottles...

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 29 2005, 10:15 PM)
I WAS AT THE SHOW!!!  I bought it for that, to see if I made it on camera...I also bought it to support the SARS problem, and just because Rush is on it...Did I mention that the concert is just 10mins away from my house!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

HEY, THAT'S NOT FAIR sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

TROUTMAN trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/75.jpg

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 30 2005, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 29 2005, 09:10 PM)
Justin's bottle episode is on the commercially released DVD as well...he's singing "Miss You" with the Stones and a few bottles come up and Keith Richards yells at the crowd for a couple minutes. It's awesome.

His solo performance is where he was totally bombarded with water bottles...

And to think...... "The last thing I expected was to find fans waiting at the airport. I mean it's not like we're Justin Timberlake or anything!"

The reason why I think he got bottles thrown at him was because he shouldn't have been there....It's not like he's shitty or anything...It's just a ROCK conert with CLASSIC bands like The Stones, AC/DC, The Who...And 2.gif of course...And other ROCK bands like Tea Party, who I think are another really good Candian band...the fact is, he got bottles thrown at him because he didn't belong at SARStock.

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 31 2005, 02:16 PM)
The reason why I think he got bottles thrown at him was because he shouldn't have been there....It's not like he's shitty or anything...It's just a ROCK conert with CLASSIC bands like The Stones, AC/DC, The Who...And 2.gif of course...And other ROCK bands like Tea Party, who I think are another really good Candian band...the fact is, he got bottles thrown at him because he didn't belong at SARStock.

Or maybe he is shitty, which, in fact, is the truth.

Archived