metaldad

Do they do any ?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do they do any ?

• Yes they do something from it
    • No They save them for the next tour

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 11 2010, 07:19 AM)
I think they will play Far Cry.
I doubt they will do more then one, seeing as the tour has a time machine theme.
I think this tour will be a journey through Rush's history using lots of visuals and making a stop on every album.

I think you are right on the money

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi friends, been a long time since i've posted on here.

I wouldn't mind either way. I think to go with the theme of "Time Machine" they shouldn't. It's an exciting concept and i would much rather hear something from FBN or something from the "future"

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 11 2010, 08:01 AM)
I doubt they will do more then one, seeing as the tour has a time machine theme.
I think this tour will be a journey through Rush's history using lots of visuals and making a stop on every album.

See my post above. There's no relationship between the "Time Machine" concept and the construction of the setlist at all - either in the age of the material being played or the order of the songs or the representation from each album. Given that Moving Pictures is 7 songs and you know there's a drum solo and a few snakes songs and a couple new songs and that certain albums always have more than a single song, that possibility is pretty much eliminated right off the bat anyway.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 11 2010, 03:09 PM)

See my post above. There's no relationship between the "Time Machine" concept and the construction of the setlist at all - either in the age of the material being played or the order of the songs or the representation from each album. Given that Moving Pictures is 7 songs and you know there's a drum solo and a few snakes songs and a couple new songs and that certain albums always have more than a single song, that possibility is pretty much eliminated right off the bat anyway.

Well, I'm not going to question you. I learned my lesson on doing that so I'll just say, I wish I was right with my guess and I'm sorry I'm not. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 11 2010, 06:09 PM)

Well, I'm not going to question you. I learned my lesson on doing that so I'll just say, I wish I was right with my guess and I'm sorry I'm not. atickhum.gif

Believe me - me too! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (peoplecanteatmachinefood @ Apr 10 2010, 09:48 AM)
I hate S&A. I think it's a terrible album compared to all the others. I'd be perfectly happy if they just never played anything from it again.

It always amazes me when I see posts like this about S&A or any other Rush album. Terrible? Really?.... Really?

Ok, maybe it's not your favorite Rush album but terrible?

And for the record, I disagree anyway. I think S&A was an amazing return to more quality song writing compared to V.T.. V.T. is probably my least favorite Rush album but I don't think it's terrible. The mix is terrible but not the music.

No, S&A is no Moving Pictures or Signals or Hemispheres but it was a damn good effort. And the songs sound great in concert. Bring on Far Cry, A&S, Faithless, TMMB! yes.gif

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 10 2010, 08:00 PM)
Sorry folks but there will be a few snakes songs played again. People thinking that "Time Machine" means all old material and/or all b-sides are in for disappointment. There are some gems on the setlist for sure, but it's a pretty standard mix of songs (hits & rare songs, old and new songs).

What does it mean then (besides them paying MP)...? "A pretty standard mix of songs"...where you getting dat from?

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 11 2010, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 11 2010, 06:09 PM)

Believe me - me too! biggrin.gif

And me too. I feel the same way tick does. I wanted to set you on fire at first, but you're all right in my book Score Out. laugh.gif

Edited by Andrew1

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 11 2010, 07:52 PM)
Sorry folks but there will be a few snakes songs played again.  People thinking that "Time Machine" means all old material and/or all b-sides are in for disappointment.  There are some gems on the setlist for sure, but it's a pretty standard mix of songs (hits & rare songs, old and new songs).

What does it mean then (besides them paying MP)...? "A pretty standard mix of songs"...where you getting dat from?

If I had to guess I'd say that a time machine can also refer to going into the future to hear songs that haven't even been released yet...

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 11 2010, 08:28 PM)
Sorry folks but there will be a few snakes songs played again.  People thinking that "Time Machine" means all old material and/or all b-sides are in for disappointment.  There are some gems on the setlist for sure, but it's a pretty standard mix of songs (hits & rare songs, old and new songs).

If I had to guess I'd say that a time machine can also refer to going into the future to hear songs that haven't even been released yet...

well that sucks, I was ready to go back in time.......oh well, MP will be cool for sure.....

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 11 2010, 10:28 PM)

ohmy.gif Brilliant!!!