Will Rush Play The Song Presto?

Tick

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Apr 9 2010, 07:07 PM)
I'm guessing no for 2 reasons:

1.) I'm expecting the lions share of the tunes to be older than that... given the " Time Machine " theme.

2.) For more recent material, I'd think they'd choose something other than Presto.

Recent? The album's 20 years old! laugh.gif

rofl3.gif Presto! isn't even recent in my mind! old.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Apr 9 2010, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Apr 9 2010, 06:00 PM)
I hope so. Its my favorite song on the first Rush album that I ever bought. How appropriate that it is the first topic I post in after many years of absence on the Rush Forums.

Not as if I was a major contributor or anything like that...  ph34r.gif
for real... I hardly posted.

...but that aside, the song is a top pick of my lifetime because of what it meant to me at the time.

Welcome back to TRF... trink39.gif

thanks.

biggrin.gif

1.) I'm expecting the lions share of the tunes to be older than that... given the " Time Machine " theme.

2.) For more recent material, I'd think they'd choose something other than Presto.

First off, a time machine means traveling through time. Presto was 21 years ago. Not old enough? I think its certainly a worthy stop for a time machine.

I say they play Presto and you can all remember I called it when you hear it live. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 9 2010, 09:49 PM)

First off, a time machine means traveling through time. Presto was 21 years ago. Not old enough? I think its certainly a worthy stop for a time machine.

I say they play Presto and you can all remember I called it when you hear it live. atickhum.gif

Well I sure hope you're right. Presto is such a phenominal song, from a phenominal album. cool.gif

Presto is also the song that contains probably my fave guitar solo. and the cold / crisp tone that the vocal production has when Geddy sings the "Dont ask me .... " and "I radiate more heat than light" gives me a chill like that of an autumn wind... I love autumn too so that chill is one I welcome.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Apr 9 2010, 11:06 PM)
Presto is also the song that contains probably my fave guitar solo. and the cold / crisp tone that the vocal production has when Geddy sings the "Dont ask me .... " and "I radiate more heat than light" gives me a chill like that of an autumn wind... I love autumn too so that chill is one I welcome.
laugh.gif

Ged's voice really was at its best in the 80's. He'd gained a lot more range and control than he'd had in the earlier years (not that he was bad in the 70's, not at all).

It's not a bad song however if you're going to do something off of Presto...

IN THE AVAILABLE LIIIIIGHT!!!

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 10:08 PM)
laugh.gif

Ged's voice really was at its best in the 80's. He'd gained a lot more range and control than he'd had in the earlier years (not that he was bad in the 70's, not at all).

I think it probably sounded the best on HYF.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 9 2010, 10:19 PM)
laugh.gif

I love the end of Prime Mover.

Anything caAaAAAaaann!

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Apr 9 2010, 10:28 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 9 2010, 10:19 PM)
laugh.gif

I love the end of Prime Mover.

Anything caAaAAAaaann!

Agreed. And since they're going to play TCE anything CAN HAPPEN!

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 9 2010, 10:49 PM)

When people think "back in time" they're thinking wayyyyy back to the 70's songs that Geddy CAN'T SING ANYMORE laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 9 2010, 11:50 PM)

When people think "back in time" they're thinking wayyyyy back to the 70's songs that Geddy CAN'T SING ANYMORE laugh.gif

Agreed. Those who are hoping "Time Machine" translates to "nothing after MP (or maybe Signals)" are kidding themselves.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 11:57 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 9 2010, 11:50 PM)

Agreed. Those who are hoping "Time Machine" translates to "nothing after MP (or maybe Signals)" are kidding themselves.

Yep. I, for one, would be happy with stuff from all the albums they neglected the past few tours!

Power Windows needs some love....Grand Designs...Middletown Dreams...maybe debut Emotion Detector?

Presto stuff...Anagram (yes im serious), Red Tide, Available Light...Presto is a good possibility!

Counterparts...Double Agent would be cool...Perhaps Everyday Glory

Hold Your Fire....love to hear Open Secrets..Lock and Key...Tai Shan (again, im serious)

GUP....Kid Gloves would be loved by all...Red Lenses...The Body Electric...

Signals...Countdown...Chemistry...The Weapon...all good tunes waiting to be played!

Permanent Waves....JACOBS LADDER!!!

Roll the Bones...Where's my Thing would be awesome as hell...You Bet Your Life...Neurotica...

Test For Echo (can't be ALL old songs right?)....Test for Echo would be cool. Totem...Virtuality...Dog Years...Limbo perhaps?

Vapor Trails...VAPOR TRAIL!

im bored

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 9 2010, 10:50 PM)

I don't see Geddy singing "in the available light!" the way it should be sung either.

As for "Presto", I'd welcome it. "Scars" would be my preference though. "The Pass" is likely.

I wonder if Presto, the album, with receive the same consideration it did for the R30 tour.

Last night a saw an acoustic duo called Elephant Shoes. They provided a foreshadowing of the new tour I think. They played Presto! And might I say, they did an awesome job. yes.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 10 2010, 07:53 AM)
I wonder if Presto, the album, with receive the same consideration it did for the R30 tour.

I feel Presto is the most underrated Rush album ever. It has held well, and sounds great in 2010.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 10 2010, 07:20 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 10 2010, 07:53 AM)

I feel Presto is the most underrated Rush album ever. It has held well, and sounds great in 2010.

yes.gif I agree...