How about having Neil's solo in YYZ?

I thought it would be a given . That is also why i think M.P. will be played in the 2nd set

It's an interesting possibility, and I've thought of it too, but...

How would Neil get a break afterwards? And unplugged version of LL following YYZ? How would he do one of those big band samples and then go back into YYZ?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 04:24 PM)
This would make the MP performance even cooler to me...they could use it as a throwback to the ESL days, except Neil could do his modern, 8-minute solo in the middle of YYZ. Would anyone else like this?

Hell yeah! That how they did the first time I saw 2.gif live! 1022.gif

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Apr 9 2010, 05:36 PM)
Just as long as Neil doesn't use his Rolands. i think it'd ruin the the "original" combination of YYZ/drum solo.

No chance of that. The Rolands are certain to be used. Part of the whole solo is the rotation of the riser.

Neil better lay off those F-n electronic drums . Leave them home, do it all yourself

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 9 2010, 04:37 PM)
plus we'd have people complaining "he didn't play the exact same solo from ESL!" lol

that was pretty much what i was trying to say (thanks shaun).

of course, Neil can add his usual variations and improvisations. Just cut down on the electronics.

Also, what if Neil decided to use his old MP kit for the purpose of the Time Machine concept? 1287.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 05:24 PM)
This would make the MP performance even cooler to me...they could use it as a throwback to the ESL days, except Neil could do his modern, 8-minute solo in the middle of YYZ. Would anyone else like this?

yes.gif

The ESL version freaking rocks!!! The solo fits in seamlessly. And I love how it transfers from the drum solo into the guitar solo 1022.gif Simply epic. Two amazing face-melting mind-blowing solos in one convenient package, don't get much better than that no.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 05:40 PM)
Neil better lay off those F-n electronic drums . Leave them home, do it all yourself

I LIKE the e-drums, thank you very much. They're fun.

But I also like the synth sounds from the mid-late 80's, and I know you're not crazy about that, so just differences of opinion.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 05:40 PM)
Neil better lay off those F-n electronic drums .  Leave them home, do it all yourself

I LIKE the e-drums, thank you very much. They're fun.

But I also like the synth sounds from the mid-late 80's, and I know you're not crazy about that, so just differences of opinion.

It is not about the Synth thing for me on this . I much rather hear the "old school" solo . As a drummer i never liked them myself . What is funny is if you saw [ and i know you did wink.gif ] Neil talking about the rain knocking everything out on the Rio d.v.d . He never had problems like that when he did not use the samples . He should learn from his mistake biggrin.gif

I think they'll leave YYZ as is since they're showcasing Moving Pictures. My bet is the drum solo will be in the 2nd set after Mal Nar like on the last tour.

It's amazing how great minds think alike! rofl3.gif I was thinking about this very thing on my way to work this morning...It seemed obvious to me that the drum solo should come where it did in the ESL version of YYZ...I mean, there's going to be drum solo at some point, that's a given, right??? biggrin.gif However, you guys have brought up some good points, that didn't occur to me at first. Maybe they'll just play MP "straight", and the drum solo will come later... confused13.gif

QUOTE (KevinDallas @ Apr 9 2010, 05:18 PM)
I think they'll leave YYZ as is since they're showcasing Moving Pictures. My bet is the drum solo will be in the 2nd set after Mal Nar like on the last tour.

There again, great minds thinking alike! 1022.gif rofl3.gif

I think a few of us were thinking alongthese lines...

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 04:24 PM)

Agree with you COMPLETELY. In my view, YYZ is the rightful place for Neil's solo.

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 10 2010, 11:31 AM)
I would like it even better to be like on ATWAS with working man/finding my way.

Hopefully they will do those songs