09/02/10 - Syracuse, NY

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#41 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (red sector animal @ Apr 20 2010, 08:28 PM)
Hi all, it's the poster known as Red Sector animal....
I'm usually making some wierd post, or just babbling to myself on here.

I'll be going to the concert alone or possibly with a rush buddy of mine.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with any regulars here.  

Anyone who want's to chill before the show is cool by me.
I'm certain I'll be able to share a soup or salad mix.
I'll have rush jammin on the stereo.
If you have a chill area thats cool.
Not sure how you'll find me, but I look forward to meeting anyone on this board.

I guess this thread might get some meetups going.

I'd like to meet somewhere before the show.  I can't do so too early in the day but an hour beforehand?

Details when it gets closer yes.gif

Sponsored Post

#42 yyztmmb

yyztmmb

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

I'll be at this show, as well as SPAC.  I'm in Track A aisle seats.  I've seen a few shows at The Fair.  Grandstand for Kansas and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Not bad, but comparatively "far away". It's a real balancing act for the sound guy, because everything in the grandstands is metal and the sound really bounces around.
Saw Motley Crue from the "elevated track" seats. I like those. They are on the track, but are up on risers, so you're overlooking the people in the "Track" seats.  Track seats are right on the track. The track is actually a dirt race track that they cover with indoor/outdoor carpet for shows. The stage is on the infield.  If it rains, it gets very muddy. There is no cover or roof over the track or elevated track seats.  I can assure you...I won't care!!
It is not general admission.  All seats are reserved.  I don't know specifically about cameras. I know that the New York State Police does the bulk of the security. They are everywhere. There will be private security people at the gates and around the venue, but the Troopers aren't far away. They will bust you for anything illegal.
At peak times, traffic can be a nightmare. This is a Friday show, so it will get real busy at about 5:00 (after work).  This will all depend on weather which changes rapidly around here.  Snow on Sept. 2nd?  Not impossible, although not probable.

#43 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Apr 22 2010, 06:47 PM)
I'll be at this show, as well as SPAC.  I'm in Track A aisle seats.  I've seen a few shows at The Fair.  Grandstand for Kansas and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Not bad, but comparatively "far away". It's a real balancing act for the sound guy, because everything in the grandstands is metal and the sound really bounces around.
Saw Motley Crue from the "elevated track" seats. I like those. They are on the track, but are up on risers, so you're overlooking the people in the "Track" seats.  Track seats are right on the track. The track is actually a dirt race track that they cover with indoor/outdoor carpet for shows. The stage is on the infield.  If it rains, it gets very muddy. There is no cover or roof over the track or elevated track seats.  I can assure you...I won't care!!
It is not general admission.  All seats are reserved.  I don't know specifically about cameras. I know that the New York State Police does the bulk of the security. They are everywhere. There will be private security people at the gates and around the venue, but the Troopers aren't far away. They will bust you for anything illegal.
At peak times, traffic can be a nightmare. This is a Friday show, so it will get real busy at about 5:00 (after work).  This will all depend on weather which changes rapidly around here.  Snow on Sept. 2nd?  Not impossible, although not probable.

As far as I'm concerned, snow in Syracuse could happen anytime during the year laugh.gif

It will suck if it rains; I did think of that.  I didn't expect to be "close" either but it is a fair grandstand, so I'll take it as it is.  What the hell, the tix were nearly 1/2 the price of SPAC and/or other venues.

Thanks for the added info; I'm sure many here will appreciate.

Do you live around The Cuse area?

#44 yyztmmb

yyztmmb

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 22 2010, 07:54 PM)

As far as I'm concerned, snow in Syracuse could happen anytime during the year laugh.gif

It will suck if it rains; I did think of that.  I didn't expect to be "close" either but it is a fair grandstand, so I'll take it as it is.  What the hell, the tix were nearly 1/2 the price of SPAC and/or other venues.

I won't care if it rains...or snows.  I've been in it all for lesser bands.

Your Section C should be great!!   Dead straight on.  The seating chart is really lame, and I don't think very accurate. At least I hope, otherwise, I'll be staring at the stage left speakers all night! I think my buddy, who is a huge fan, is in the same section and row as you, if I recall correctly.  

Yes...my blood is orange. I'm about 30 miles North of Syracuse on Lake Ontario.
I'm in the City all the time, so if people have questions or need something, I'll try to help.

#45 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 17108 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Apr 22 2010, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 22 2010, 07:54 PM)

It will suck if it rains; I did think of that.  I didn't expect to be "close" either but it is a fair grandstand, so I'll take it as it is.  What the hell, the tix were nearly 1/2 the price of SPAC and/or other venues.

I won't care if it rains...or snows.  I've been in it all for lesser bands.

Your Section C should be great!!   Dead straight on.  The seating chart is really lame, and I don't think very accurate. At least I hope, otherwise, I'll be staring at the stage left speakers all night! I think my buddy, who is a huge fan, is in the same section and row as you, if I recall correctly.  

Yes...my blood is orange. I'm about 30 miles North of Syracuse on Lake Ontario.
I'm in the City all the time, so if people have questions or need something, I'll try to help.

Near Oswego?

#46 yyztmmb

yyztmmb

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 22 2010, 11:33 PM)

Near Oswego?

Fulton...looks like we're neighbors.
I'm goin' to the SPAC show, too, the same night Kansas opens Harborfest.

#47 snowdog212

snowdog212

The Seeker

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 21 2010, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 21 2010, 12:12 PM)
Since there not coming to Buffalo again Me and my brother are coming.I picked up Box R Row B in the grandstand.I heard that the GS is really far away from the stage.How is the traffic around the fair? Is there a good place to park near the venue? Any info appreciated

You'll have to walk through the fair to get to the venue, but it's not that bad.  Parking, from when I've been, has been pretty orderly.

Traffic around the fair can get snarly.  690 can get busy especially.

If you're coming in from Buff, there are buses from Auburn and Elbridge that go to the fair.  How frequent, I don't know, but you don't have to worry about traffic and parking if that's a big thing for you.  

I've never seen a show here so I can't comment on GS seating.
Thanks for the info traffics no problem just wanna make sure there in time Still dont know what time were gonna leave,probably a little early and walk around the fair..

I've never seen a show here so I can't comment on GS seating.
Thanks for the info traffics no problem just wanna make sure there in time Still dont know what time were gonna leave,probably a little early and walk around the fair..

#48 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 17108 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Apr 23 2010, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 22 2010, 11:33 PM)

Near Oswego?

Fulton...looks like we're neighbors.
I'm goin' to the SPAC show, too, the same night Kansas opens Harborfest.

Yes we are neighbors!

I can only afford one show this tour. Looks like I'll be hitting up the free Kansas show on the shore of Lake Ontario. But since I am a Prog fan, it's all good!

trink39.gif  

#49 red sector animal

red sector animal

The Seeker

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

My Plans are to head out way early from over here in Rochester.

My goal is to arrive at that fair in the AM, for "A nice morning to beat traffic hassles, get good parking, and have the whole day to check out the sights and food's.

-Thanks for the description of the venue's. I got a GrandStand seat, and now I can picture what they are.

I'm cool with the fact that I'm under the cover, but a little dissapointed that there a bit far from the stage. I'll definitly be bringing my binoculars.  
I imagine the seating is rather steep, so hopefully that means no heads blocking my view.

Looking forward to the day.

Edited by red sector animal, 26 April 2010 - 08:50 AM.

#50 yyztmmb

yyztmmb

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (red sector animal @ Apr 26 2010, 08:42 AM)
My Plans are to head out way early from over here in Rochester.

My goal is to arrive at that fair in the AM, to beat traffic hassles, get good parking, and have the whole day to check out the sights and food's.

-Thanks for the description of the venue's. I got a GrandStand seat, and now I can picture what they are.

I'm cool with the fact that I'm under the cover, but a little dissapointed that there a bit far from the stage. I'll definitly be bringing my binoculars.

Looking forward to the day.

Great plan.
Frankly,  there really isn't "good" parking.  There are some small lots near the entrances to The Fair, but they're usually reserved for seniors, etc., or the workers.  
The "upper" lots is where you are usually directed to go. They are huge fields that are visible from 690, which is the highway you'll come in on.  From the upper lots, you can either walk to The Fair (usually less than 1/2 mile) or take a tram that runs all the time that will drop you off at the main entrance.  There are also trams running around the Fair itself to get you from one area to another.
The concert venue is about as far away from the main entrance as you can get.  No matter how you do it, there is alot of walking!!
The distance from the stage to the grandstands is "comparatively" far.  That is, farther than some other venues.  Going totally by 3 or 4 year old recollection (as it's been that long since I've seen a show there) it would be about as far as lawn seating at Darien Lake or SPAC.  YMMV and my memory sucks. From the grandstands, you'll be looking over the top of the people on the track.
For any other band, I would have no problem sitting in the grandstands. I have done it happily several times in the past.  
For this band, however, I'm a freak.

#51 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5017 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

Had to fall. I will be at the State Fair show with my friend with whom I have seen 5 shows with. See you there. I will be up in Grandstand 3

#52 airmid12

airmid12

The Seeker

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

UGH this sucks. Graduation money = epic failure.... looks like I might be listening from my new home this gig- only 0.8 miles and $$$ away from seeing this show. WTF mate? sad.gif     fists crying.gif
   So freaking close, yet so freaking far.....

#53 snowdog212

snowdog212

The Seeker

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:14 AM

At peak times, traffic can be a nightmare. This is a Friday show, so it will get real busy at about 5:00 (after work).

The concert is on a Thursday

#54 xredsectorx

xredsectorx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3358 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, attempting to write music, Xbox, attending as many concerts as possible, listening to music...

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ May 23 2010, 09:14 AM)

At peak times, traffic can be a nightmare. This is a Friday show, so it will get real busy at about 5:00 (after work).

yes.gif

#55 yyztmmb

yyztmmb

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ May 23 2010, 08:14 AM)

oops.gif

My lame ass excuse for getting this wrong is that I got it mixed up with the SPAC show which IS on a Fri.

Sorry   doh.gif  

#56 airmid12

airmid12

The Seeker

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

YEA!!  1022.gif I will now be in attendance as long as I don't have to work for my GA spot at SU that night!! Sweet.
  MILK here I come.... oh yeah, and Rush too... tongue.gif  

#57 Rushgirl

Rushgirl

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, RUSH, RUSH - drums, RUSH, Neil, Alex, RUSH

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Me and my RUSH road partner will be there, track D, row 3 and are staying at the Clarion!!

Hope to meet some TRF peeps there! 1022.gif  

#58 yyztmmb

yyztmmb

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (airmid12 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:14 PM)
YEA!!  1022.gif I will now be in attendance as long as I don't have to work for my GA spot at SU that night!! Sweet.

My daughter starts her Jr. year on "the hill" and hopes she doesn't have a night class on the 2nd!!

#59 airmid12

airmid12

The Seeker

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Jun 5 2010, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (airmid12 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:14 PM)
YEA!!  1022.gif I will now be in attendance as long as I don't have to work for my GA spot at SU that night!! Sweet.

My daughter starts her Jr. year on "the hill" and hopes she doesn't have a night class on the 2nd!!

Heck yeah, well we can be rebels and ditch together if need be. Thats what friends are for... to take notes for you when you're not in class! wink.gif  

#60 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5017 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

I believe that Clark's ale house for a beef and cheddar and a couple of cask conditioned Armory Ales might be in order around lunch time. Milk doesn't tempt me. I will probably check out the butter sculpture though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users