09/02/10 - Syracuse, NY

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 11 2010, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 11 2010, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2010, 05:15 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 11 2010, 04:52 AM)
Now I've heard it all.

I went for the Rush concert, but stayed for the milk.  Oh, that milk!  That was some damned good milk!  Only a quarter!

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

must be something in that milk. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif tell ya what, if the milk is that special, i just might have to come up for the show and some milk.

The milk is pretty frikkin good.

And no, it's not Malk.

Not malk? Oh, what a relief! I know it contains Vitamin R, but malk isn't nearly as good for you as milk.

Perhaps the guys will try the milk at the New York State Fair in Syracuse when they play there, and will later sing the praises of the milk in the same way they sang the praises of soup.

Either way, I think we need to let Geddyfan13 know about this latest Rush-and-milk development. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/yes.gif You know, it's been a whole year since we last heard from our milk-loving friend.

As long as I get a milkshake at the dairy bar!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 11 2010, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 11 2010, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 11 2010, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2010, 05:15 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 11 2010, 04:52 AM)
Now I've heard it all.

I went for the Rush concert, but stayed for the milk.  Oh, that milk!  That was some damned good milk!  Only a quarter!

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

must be something in that milk. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif tell ya what, if the milk is that special, i just might have to come up for the show and some milk.

The milk is pretty frikkin good.

And no, it's not Malk.

Not malk? Oh, what a relief! I know it contains Vitamin R, but malk isn't nearly as good for you as milk.

Perhaps the guys will try the milk at the New York State Fair in Syracuse when they play there, and will later sing the praises of the milk in the same way they sang the praises of soup.

Either way, I think we need to let Geddyfan13 know about this latest Rush-and-milk development. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/yes.gif You know, it's been a whole year since we last heard from our milk-loving friend.

As long as I get a milkshake at the dairy bar!

I've made some jokes about the milk, but I confess a milkshake sounds wonderful. I'll probably get one.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Apr 13 2010, 01:59 PM)
Are the pre-sale tickets just going to go onsale at a random time? It doesn't specify a time.

Is there going to be a presale? I am not sure there is.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 13 2010, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Apr 13 2010, 01:59 PM)
Are the pre-sale tickets just going to go onsale at a random time? It doesn't specify a time.

Is there going to be a presale? I am not sure there is.

I stand corrected!

There is a presale, JUST saw on RIAB.

I got TRACK C, Row 11, seat 1 and 2 (one for the Fi).

Anyone been here before know if that's track on the ground? It was all I was pulling up... I know it's not under cover and maybe not the best to see the show but it's ok.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 14 2010, 03:10 PM)
Ticket bought. Easy part.

Now, the flights....

Syracuse Int'l Hancock airport http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Not far from the fair; easy to take a cab or bus.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 15 2010, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 14 2010, 03:10 PM)
Ticket bought. Easy part.

Now, the flights....

Syracuse Int'l Hancock airport http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Not far from the fair; easy to take a cab or bus.

Yep!

Shannon - Newark - Syracuse! Easy!!! God bless Continental!

Hi all, it's the poster known as Red Sector animal....

I'm usually making some wierd post, or just babbling to myself on here.

I'll be going to the concert alone or possibly with a rush buddy of mine.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with any regulars here.

Anyone who want's to chill before the show is cool by me.

I'm certain I'll be able to share a soup or salad mix.

I'll have rush jammin on the stereo.

If you have a chill area thats cool.

Not sure how you'll find me, but I look forward to meeting anyone on this board.

Since there not coming to Buffalo again Me and my brother are coming.I picked up Box R Row B in the grandstand.I heard that the GS is really far away from the stage.How is the traffic around the fair? Is there a good place to park near the venue? Any info appreciated

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 21 2010, 12:12 PM)
Since there not coming to Buffalo again Me and my brother are coming.I picked up Box R Row B in the grandstand.I heard that the GS is really far away from the stage.How is the traffic around the fair? Is there a good place to park near the venue? Any info appreciated

You'll have to walk through the fair to get to the venue, but it's not that bad. Parking, from when I've been, has been pretty orderly.

Traffic around the fair can get snarly. 690 can get busy especially.

If you're coming in from Buff, there are buses from Auburn and Elbridge that go to the fair. How frequent, I don't know, but you don't have to worry about traffic and parking if that's a big thing for you.

I've never seen a show here so I can't comment on GS seating.

QUOTE (red sector animal @ Apr 20 2010, 08:28 PM)
Hi all, it's the poster known as Red Sector animal....
I'm usually making some wierd post, or just babbling to myself on here.

I'll be going to the concert alone or possibly with a rush buddy of mine.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with any regulars here.

Anyone who want's to chill before the show is cool by me.
I'm certain I'll be able to share a soup or salad mix.
I'll have rush jammin on the stereo.
If you have a chill area thats cool.
Not sure how you'll find me, but I look forward to meeting anyone on this board.

I guess this thread might get some meetups going.

I'd like to meet somewhere before the show. I can't do so too early in the day but an hour beforehand?

Details when it gets closer http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/yes.gif

I'll be at this show, as well as SPAC. I'm in Track A aisle seats. I've seen a few shows at The Fair. Grandstand for Kansas and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Not bad, but comparatively "far away". It's a real balancing act for the sound guy, because everything in the grandstands is metal and the sound really bounces around.

Saw Motley Crue from the "elevated track" seats. I like those. They are on the track, but are up on risers, so you're overlooking the people in the "Track" seats. Track seats are right on the track. The track is actually a dirt race track that they cover with indoor/outdoor carpet for shows. The stage is on the infield. If it rains, it gets very muddy. There is no cover or roof over the track or elevated track seats. I can assure you...I won't care!!

It is not general admission. All seats are reserved. I don't know specifically about cameras. I know that the New York State Police does the bulk of the security. They are everywhere. There will be private security people at the gates and around the venue, but the Troopers aren't far away. They will bust you for anything illegal.

At peak times, traffic can be a nightmare. This is a Friday show, so it will get real busy at about 5:00 (after work). This will all depend on weather which changes rapidly around here. Snow on Sept. 2nd? Not impossible, although not probable.

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Apr 22 2010, 06:47 PM)
I'll be at this show, as well as SPAC. I'm in Track A aisle seats. I've seen a few shows at The Fair. Grandstand for Kansas and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Not bad, but comparatively "far away". It's a real balancing act for the sound guy, because everything in the grandstands is metal and the sound really bounces around.
Saw Motley Crue from the "elevated track" seats. I like those. They are on the track, but are up on risers, so you're overlooking the people in the "Track" seats. Track seats are right on the track. The track is actually a dirt race track that they cover with indoor/outdoor carpet for shows. The stage is on the infield. If it rains, it gets very muddy. There is no cover or roof over the track or elevated track seats. I can assure you...I won't care!!
It is not general admission. All seats are reserved. I don't know specifically about cameras. I know that the New York State Police does the bulk of the security. They are everywhere. There will be private security people at the gates and around the venue, but the Troopers aren't far away. They will bust you for anything illegal.
At peak times, traffic can be a nightmare. This is a Friday show, so it will get real busy at about 5:00 (after work). This will all depend on weather which changes rapidly around here. Snow on Sept. 2nd? Not impossible, although not probable.

As far as I'm concerned, snow in Syracuse could happen anytime during the year http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

It will suck if it rains; I did think of that. I didn't expect to be "close" either but it is a fair grandstand, so I'll take it as it is. What the hell, the tix were nearly 1/2 the price of SPAC and/or other venues.

Thanks for the added info; I'm sure many here will appreciate.

Do you live around The Cuse area?

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 22 2010, 07:54 PM)

As far as I'm concerned, snow in Syracuse could happen anytime during the year http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

It will suck if it rains; I did think of that.  I didn't expect to be "close" either but it is a fair grandstand, so I'll take it as it is.  What the hell, the tix were nearly 1/2 the price of SPAC and/or other venues.

I won't care if it rains...or snows. I've been in it all for lesser bands.

Your Section C should be great!! Dead straight on. The seating chart is really lame, and I don't think very accurate. At least I hope, otherwise, I'll be staring at the stage left speakers all night! I think my buddy, who is a huge fan, is in the same section and row as you, if I recall correctly.

Yes...my blood is orange. I'm about 30 miles North of Syracuse on Lake Ontario.

I'm in the City all the time, so if people have questions or need something, I'll try to help.

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Apr 22 2010, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 22 2010, 07:54 PM)

It will suck if it rains; I did think of that.  I didn't expect to be "close" either but it is a fair grandstand, so I'll take it as it is.  What the hell, the tix were nearly 1/2 the price of SPAC and/or other venues.

I won't care if it rains...or snows. I've been in it all for lesser bands.

Your Section C should be great!! Dead straight on. The seating chart is really lame, and I don't think very accurate. At least I hope, otherwise, I'll be staring at the stage left speakers all night! I think my buddy, who is a huge fan, is in the same section and row as you, if I recall correctly.

Yes...my blood is orange. I'm about 30 miles North of Syracuse on Lake Ontario.

I'm in the City all the time, so if people have questions or need something, I'll try to help.

Near Oswego?

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 21 2010, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 21 2010, 12:12 PM)

You'll have to walk through the fair to get to the venue, but it's not that bad. Parking, from when I've been, has been pretty orderly.

Traffic around the fair can get snarly. 690 can get busy especially.

If you're coming in from Buff, there are buses from Auburn and Elbridge that go to the fair. How frequent, I don't know, but you don't have to worry about traffic and parking if that's a big thing for you.

Thanks for the info traffics no problem just wanna make sure there in time Still dont know what time were gonna leave,probably a little early and walk around the fair..

Thanks for the info traffics no problem just wanna make sure there in time Still dont know what time were gonna leave,probably a little early and walk around the fair..

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Apr 23 2010, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 22 2010, 11:33 PM)

Near Oswego?

Fulton...looks like we're neighbors.

I'm goin' to the SPAC show, too, the same night Kansas opens Harborfest.

Yes we are neighbors!

I can only afford one show this tour. Looks like I'll be hitting up the free Kansas show on the shore of Lake Ontario. But since I am a Prog fan, it's all good!

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

My Plans are to head out way early from over here in Rochester.

My goal is to arrive at that fair in the AM, for "A nice morning to beat traffic hassles, get good parking, and have the whole day to check out the sights and food's.

-Thanks for the description of the venue's. I got a GrandStand seat, and now I can picture what they are.

I'm cool with the fact that I'm under the cover, but a little dissapointed that there a bit far from the stage. I'll definitly be bringing my binoculars.

I imagine the seating is rather steep, so hopefully that means no heads blocking my view.

Looking forward to the day.

QUOTE (red sector animal @ Apr 26 2010, 08:42 AM)
My Plans are to head out way early from over here in Rochester.

My goal is to arrive at that fair in the AM, to beat traffic hassles, get good parking, and have the whole day to check out the sights and food's.

-Thanks for the description of the venue's. I got a GrandStand seat, and now I can picture what they are.

I'm cool with the fact that I'm under the cover, but a little dissapointed that there a bit far from the stage. I'll definitly be bringing my binoculars.

Looking forward to the day.

Great plan.

Frankly, there really isn't "good" parking. There are some small lots near the entrances to The Fair, but they're usually reserved for seniors, etc., or the workers.

The "upper" lots is where you are usually directed to go. They are huge fields that are visible from 690, which is the highway you'll come in on. From the upper lots, you can either walk to The Fair (usually less than 1/2 mile) or take a tram that runs all the time that will drop you off at the main entrance. There are also trams running around the Fair itself to get you from one area to another.

The concert venue is about as far away from the main entrance as you can get. No matter how you do it, there is alot of walking!!

The distance from the stage to the grandstands is "comparatively" far. That is, farther than some other venues. Going totally by 3 or 4 year old recollection (as it's been that long since I've seen a show there) it would be about as far as lawn seating at Darien Lake or SPAC. YMMV and my memory sucks. From the grandstands, you'll be looking over the top of the people on the track.

For any other band, I would have no problem sitting in the grandstands. I have done it happily several times in the past.

For this band, however, I'm a freak.

Archived