09/02/10 - Syracuse, NY

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:51 AM

Hey all, I'm starting the NYS Fair thread for the Rush show on Sept. 2.  I will be there for sure!

I saw in the Post Standard (Syracuse paper) this morning that the first week of sales there is an 8 ticket limit.  I wonder if these tix will go fast.  The grandstand is pretty big but I've never seen a show there, so I don't know.

Depending on how much time I have saved up from work (and the weather), I might take a 1/2 day and head on over.  I work in downtown 'cuse, which is mere miles from the Fairgrounds  653.gif

Let's welcome Rush back to Central NY!!!

Sponsored Post

#2 Enemy Within 77

Enemy Within 77

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2462 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

I'll be there too. I'm kinda surprised no Darien Lake this summer though. 2.gif  

#3 Atomic

Atomic

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

This is the only Rush show I can make, so I def plan on attending... one border crossing and 3.5hrs each way, but what can I do?  

#4 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17345 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Internet surfing, TV and movies, Health and fitness, writing, reading, hard rock, classic rock, progressive rock, 80s New Wave, classical, jazz, sunshine pop, space age bachelor pad music.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

Sounds like an interesting show; different for the guys to be playing a "fair" situation.

I'll try to make both this show and the Saratoga show, but I might have to settle for just one.

#5 rushnut4ever

rushnut4ever

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

I've been to the Fair many times and I if you want to get close it is NOT under cover.........only grandstand seating is under cover............I'm not taking any chances.........I'm going to SPAC!

#6 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5017 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

I will be there. Quickest trip to a Rush show in over 20 years. The first time they play 'cuse since the Signal's tour. It will be a great way to close the summer before I go back to teaching high school the following week. Depending on ticket prices, I may be at the SPAC show as well.

#7 Atomic

Atomic

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Do they allow cameras at this venue? Like DSLRs with decent glass?  

#8 pt2112

pt2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3009 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Hockey

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

Think I'm taking a road trip to this show in addition to both Toronto shows.  

#9 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

Yeah I don't like the venue so much though I have never seen a show there but it's so near my me so YAY!  I'm expecting more of a fun show than a serious show there (as in the way I enjoy the show smile.gif )

Trying to make SPAC too but I am tight on cash...

#10 xredsectorx

xredsectorx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3358 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, attempting to write music, Xbox, attending as many concerts as possible, listening to music...

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

I'll be there yes.gif

I was hoping to see them at both Toronto shows, however I will only be able to make it to the ACC show. And since my plan was to catch them at least twice if there was a tour this summer, the next closest stop for me is the NYS Fair. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing them in that type of setting. Should be an awesome concert!!

As for the seats, are they assigned or is it a first come first served kinda deal? Like will my ticket have a row/seat number/letter or should I just show up nice and early to get a good vantage point?

Edited by xredsectorx, 09 April 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#11 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12499 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

I grew up in Syracuse...

I'll be coming up Wednesday night and spend an old fashioned day at The Fair on Thursday like I did when I was a kid and then it is the big rock show!

And then the drive to PNC in the morning for the second of my double header!

I first saw Rush in Syracuse way back in 1977.

It'll be good to see them play live there once again...talk about a time machine!!!

~Cheers, RGLT

#12 Chrysalii

Chrysalii

The Seeker

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

I'll be there.

I live, grew up in, and work in Baldwinsville (which is very close to the city).  The fairgrounds is just on the other side of 690 from me, maybe 10 minutes away from me (40 with the Fair traffic)
and I already had that week scheduled off (we have to schedule a week every year so lucky coincidence).
and I've never been to a Rush concert.

I have seen a couple concerts at the Grandstand, it's nice, but it's the only place I've ever seen a concert at (besides the free stage inside the fair).  

I'm undecided on if I'll go to the SPAC show (various issues regarding various things).  But I am definitely going to the Grandstand.  Everything sort of fell in to place for that one.

#13 Cygnus5280

Cygnus5280

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

Oh Yeah, I will def be there.After seeing the last 3 shows at Montage in Scranton, the NYS Fair will be a nice change !!!

#14 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 17108 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

I am going with my three sons.  common001.gif  

#15 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Apr 9 2010, 09:05 PM)
I'll be there.

I live, grew up in, and work in Baldwinsville (which is very close to the city).  The fairgrounds is just on the other side of 690 from me, maybe 10 minutes away from me (40 with the Fair traffic)
and I already had that week scheduled off (we have to schedule a week every year so lucky coincidence).
and I've never been to a Rush concert.

I have seen a couple concerts at the Grandstand, it's nice, but it's the only place I've ever seen a concert at (besides the free stage inside the fair).  

I'm undecided on if I'll go to the SPAC show (various issues regarding various things).  But I am definitely going to the Grandstand.  Everything sort of fell in to place for that one.

No kidding!  My roommate is from B'Ville.  Was just up near there last weekend at Beaver Lake park.  trink39.gif  

I work right near the Verizon bldg. downtown in 'cuse.  

#16 Atomic

Atomic

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:00 AM

Soooooo can any local folks confirm/deny if it's general admission or assigned seating and if they allow DSLRs at concerts there?

thanks

#17 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Atomic @ Apr 10 2010, 08:00 AM)
Soooooo can any local folks confirm/deny if it's general admission or assigned seating and if they allow DSLRs at concerts there?

thanks

I have never been to a show at the grandstand, so I don't know.  They do have a seating chart I see but not sure about numbers.  I really don't think it would gen. admin. since there are organized seats and sections.  

Also, one of my coworkers said she saw Yes there front row and didn't indicate she waited outside the gate to rush right up front either.  She did say that front row isn't really great at this venue since you're below the stage and back quite far.  I'm hoping to get g'stand seats under the cover (in case of rain too wink.gif )

#18 Atomic

Atomic

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 10 2010, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (Atomic @ Apr 10 2010, 08:00 AM)

thanks

I have never been to a show at the grandstand, so I don't know.  They do have a seating chart I see but not sure about numbers.  I really don't think it would gen. admin. since there are organized seats and sections.  

Also, one of my coworkers said she saw Yes there front row and didn't indicate she waited outside the gate to rush right up front either.  She did say that front row isn't really great at this venue since you're below the stage and back quite far.  I'm hoping to get g'stand seats under the cover (in case of rain too wink.gif )

Thanks... guess I'll bring my point and shoot and leave the big glass at home. sad.gif

#19 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17345 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Internet surfing, TV and movies, Health and fitness, writing, reading, hard rock, classic rock, progressive rock, 80s New Wave, classical, jazz, sunshine pop, space age bachelor pad music.

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

I certainly hope this isn't general admission seating.  That could be deadly!   ohmy.gif   scared.gif  

#20 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

seating chart:   http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/169/13436

Sure doesn't appear to be gen. admin.  There is a smaller stage for music on the other side of the fair called the Chevrolet Court and that is general admission... actually, those shows are free with your fair ticker purchase as the stage is housed right in the middle of fried dough and sausage stands.  They get newer and older acts that don't sell big yet, or anymore.

Oh and I think I read somewhere that our tickets to the show also double as fair admission which is usually $10 there.  Parking will cost but no more than $10.

For the fair itself, don't miss the dairy barn with $.25 cups of milk, the best shakes ever and the butter sculpture!  There is also a wine court complete with tasting.  Everything else is your standard ordinary fair attractions.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users