Moving Pictures or Hemispheres?

Earthshine

How do YOU feel?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How do YOU feel?

• Hemispheres - They have not done all of it in so long!
    • Hemispheres - It is my favorite
    • Moving Pictures - I want to see THE CAMERA EYE!
    • Moving Pictures - I like it better
    • I don't care as long as Rush tours
    • I'm not going to see Rush unless they play all of 2112
    • I'm not going to see Rush unless they play all of C.O.S.
    • I am not going to see Rush ever again
    • I would rather go see Dream Theater if I had a choice
    • I would rather go see Dream Theater do a gig of Rush

Of all the albums to do I guess Moving Pictures was the one that made Rush. So I am guessing that is partly why they are doing it.

But wouldn't you rather hear all of Hemispheres in its entirety and in order? Of course precluded by Cygnus X-1 Book 1: The Voyage common001.gif 2.gif

I would rather go see Dream Theater if I had a choice

..Why?

I would rather go see Dream Theater do a gig of Rush

...Why? James Labrie's voice sucks, and they're not the ones who made the music. Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of Dream Theater, but this is theRUSHforum where Rush has priority over every other band... By most.

I voted for MP.

Both. MP for the first part of the tour and Hemispheres when they tour again after the new album. It's a Time Machine tour so be ready for anything. The change from their usual routine of album then tour to this new format is an odd one to me. After so many years, why change it up now unless you were planning big on the horizon? Hemispheres is a definite possibility. Ged can change up his vocals to adjust to a 2010-11 version. He doesn't have to scream it. He's a brilliant musician and he could make it work. One example is 'Marathon'. On PW and ASOH he was a banshee at the end. In the Presto version he lowered his voice and changed the melody up a bit so he didn't have to scream it. I actually liked that better than the original.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Apr 9 2010, 03:39 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Apr 8 2010, 10:25 PM)
It's a no- brainer man, but they need to be realistic and play stuff Geddy can still sing. bekloppt.gif

Exactly. Moving Pictures in the correct key or Hemispheres tuned down two steps...hmmmmm confused13.gif no.gif

x3. It's not realistic.

They should play every album, in order, all the way through...and with no intermission...

see, I don't care about being realistic

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Apr 9 2010, 01:34 AM)

I voted for MP.

Mike Portnoy ?

I guess you picked D.T.

wink.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 9 2010, 08:41 AM)

I'm just glad they are touring, although hemi would be nice tongue.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 9 2010, 01:13 AM)
Of all the albums to do I guess Moving Pictures was the one that made Rush. So I am guessing that is partly why they are doing it.

But wouldn't you rather hear all of Hemispheres in its entirety and in order? Of course precluded by Cygnus X-1 Book 1: The Voyage common001.gif 2.gif

it's irrelevant at this point.

Geddy did a good job with Circumstances last tour, a song nobody thought he would be able to sing again. Sure he would have to sing in a lower key for The conceptual Hemispheres piece but I think he could manage just fine. Doesn't have to scream the lyrics and besides not all of Book II is high notes, peaks & valleys..

T4E tour 2112 in it's entirety was the same way.

Where was the "I would rather go see Fall Out Boy do a gig of Rush" selection in that poll? wtf.gif

I love all Rush old and new.

Rush frequently has played La Villa, The Trees and now Circumstances for us.

I do not think Hemispheres, much like By-Tor and Necromancer are good enough to justify taking such an enormous amount of time in the Rush tour setlist. Throw into the mix that Geddy would really struggle with the vocal range now and that the band in general doesn't seemed to enthused to play these songs in their entirety, I just don't see it happening. Ever. Sorry if that crushes anyone's hopes and dreams.

That being said Moving Pictures is certainly the pinnacle of their career and represents in my opinion one of the best and most complete albums in rock history. As such it deserves celebration and also has the added bonus of being more commercially accessible than lots of their other older stuff. A very good decision by the band and should make most fans including myself ECSTATIC!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Apr 9 2010, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE (KennethRush @ Apr 9 2010, 01:34 AM)

I voted for MP.

Mike Portnoy ?

I guess you picked D.T.

wink.gif

Now how did I NOT see that one coming?

smile.gif

laugh.gif