Moving Pictures

MMCXII

so I'm going to say they'll begin the second set with tom sawyer and continue through the rest of the album in order, what do you think? also, do you think they'll do anything else to celebrate MP? ...maybe a set of red tamas? cool.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 12:10 AM)
Beginning of the second set makes the most sense, with some kind of extended MP animation coming out of intermission.

I think this is the most sensible possibility.

QUOTE (ZachenFoot @ Apr 9 2010, 01:26 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 12:10 AM)
Beginning of the second set makes the most sense, with some kind of extended MP animation coming out of intermission.

I think this is the most sensible possibility.

Definitely!

"Tom Sawyer" kicking off the second half. It's so obviously perfect.

They could try something like playing one song off each album leading up to Moving Pictures. It is The Time Machine tour after all. They could open the show with Working Man. I wouldn't put it past them. Dude, that would be awesome. Whatever they open with, it will be something no one expects. The last time they did something like this was before Power Windows. When they played live new material that would be released on the upcoming album. Since then, it's been album, then tour. Everything about this is so unexpected. The pre-tour. The new songs. The Time Machine theme. Then a new album and tour again! I'm used to them being so systematic. It's strange. Somethings got them pretty fired up to stray from their formula so late in the game. I pretty much know what to expect when I see Rush. I could be wrong, but this time I'm not so sure. The red tamas? Neil might have replicas of sets from every tour that rotate between shows. They might bust out the kimonos. The Necromancer? I wouldn't count it out. Ged might pick up the doubleneck again just for nostalgia. You called TCE didn't you? Many thought that would never happen. If they have been listening to the fans then they're going to know right where to hit us. Remember the theme. 'Time Machine'. They're up to something. Working Man would be a killer opener for this tour. Can't wait.

I'd like to see Alex and Geddy play the old guitars again for the Moving Pictures stuff. I didn't like the fact that Alex used a Les Paul for EVERYTHING on the last tour. There are just some songs that require the lighter, brighter sound of a strat or even a PRS. Mission is a perfect example.

I say bring out the old Hentors and the Rics for this portion of the show.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Apr 9 2010, 02:33 AM)
I'd like to see Alex and Geddy play the old guitars again for the Moving Pictures stuff. I didn't like the fact that Alex used a Les Paul for EVERYTHING on the last tour. There are just some songs that require the lighter, brighter sound of a strat or even a PRS. Mission is a perfect example.

I say more of the white 355!

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Apr 9 2010, 02:33 AM)

yes yes yes, I was going to say the exact same thing! cool.gif

2nd set.

the old instruments would be very cool! haven't thought of that.

my mental image is just before they start MP, Ged and Al go off and their old instruments.. then they look over at Neil who's frowning at the thought of returning to his old kit. they go back and forth for a bit, then he gives in! rolls out the old moving pictures kit!!

just thought of something, if they start they second set with MP, that would put YYZ right in the same time slot as a certain grumpy one's drum solo... hmmmm

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 9 2010, 11:33 AM)
just thought of something, if they start they second set with MP, that would put YYZ right in the same time slot as a certain grumpy one's drum solo... hmmmm

actually it would move his solo up to the third song in the set, which is earlier than he usually plays it. I wouldn't be complaining though! That'd be awesome.

I think side 1 would be good for ending the first Set. then at the end of LL have a video of the record (vinyl) ending on a turntable with that guy in the R30 video falling asleep to it. The video keeps running through the intermission with MP vinyl with the stylus in the runout. Then when intermission is over they show the guy having a weird dream and making alot of noise ( to let everyone know intermisson is over) then wake up and flip the record over and voila! set 2. Have the video set in 1981 of course. a bong in the background, rush posters all over from the era Etc.

EDIT

And start Tom sawyer with the same type of video with the guy showing his buddy the new rush album he just bought and listening to it for the first time. Open the shrink wrap and everything. maybe bob and doug mackenzie?

this is the time machine tour right?

Edited by nealpert

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Apr 9 2010, 03:33 AM)

Agreed! Bring back the Strats!

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Apr 9 2010, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Apr 9 2010, 03:33 AM)
I'd like to see Alex and Geddy play the old guitars again for the Moving Pictures stuff.  I didn't like the fact that Alex used a Les Paul for EVERYTHING on the last tour.  There are just some songs that require the lighter, brighter sound of a strat or even a PRS.  Mission is a perfect example.

Agreed! Bring back the Strats!

I'd love to see Alex bring back his black Strat -- that would maybe mean more SIGNALS stuff!!!