Any Chance they hit MSG or Radio City This Tour?

rushfan4life

So as thrilled as I am about the tour, I cant stand the fact they keep playing Jones Beach in NY. Theres too many elements that can lead to a crappy sound night. Thats why Im really hoping they add an indoor date in the NY area, whether it be MSG or Radio City. Last time they hit radio city was for the R30 tour, so maybe they go there this time? Theres 10 days between the 3rd and 14th of September where there are no shows, so Im thinking maybe one could be added then like during the S&A tour? Anyone have any ideas?

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Apr 8 2010, 11:31 PM)
No chance on MSG as I think it will be closed for the next 3 summers for renovations. unsure.gif

Why not! Both the pro sports teams that play there stink.laugh.gif Rush would actually be worth going to see.

Well being a New Yorker(Brooklyn)and seeing them for several tours at that sound paradise we call Jones Beach I totally agree that an indoor venue is much needed.Compared to MSG Sept 17th(if I remember) the Jones Beach show sounded like a Leslie speaker on a Hammond.Maybe Nassau Col. or PNC this time around.Shame no Meadowlands MPT 1981.Saw them at Radio City for GUP tour and that sounded great!! 2.gif

Well being a New Yorker(Brooklyn)and seeing them for several tours at that sound paradise we call Jones Beach I totally agree that an indoor venue is much needed.Compared to MSG Sept 17th(if I remember) the Jones Beach show sounded like a Leslie speaker on a Hammond.Maybe Nassau Col. or PNC this time around.Shame no Meadowlands MPT 1981.Saw them at Radio City for GUP tour and that sounded great!! 2.gif

Maybe the next tour when the album is released . I really don't see them doing M.S.G. before then

QUOTE (rushfan4life @ Apr 8 2010, 11:14 PM)
So as thrilled as I am about the tour, I cant stand the fact they keep playing Jones Beach in NY. Theres too many elements that can lead to a crappy sound night. Thats why Im really hoping they add an indoor date in the NY area, whether it be MSG or Radio City. Last time they hit radio city was for the R30 tour, so maybe they go there this time? Theres 10 days between the 3rd and 14th of September where there are no shows, so Im thinking maybe one could be added then like during the S&A tour? Anyone have any ideas?

Actually, the last time they played at Radio City, the sound was probably the worst I have ever heard and I have been to over 200 concerts in the 20 years.

MSG is maybe the most over-rated venue on the planet!

QUOTE (laxnation @ Apr 9 2010, 02:28 PM)

cool10.gif

So as thrilled as I am about the tour, I cant stand the fact they keep playing Jones Beach in NY.  Theres too many elements that can lead to a crappy sound night.  Thats why Im really hoping they add an indoor date in the NY area, whether it be MSG or Radio City.  Last time they hit radio city was for the R30 tour, so maybe they go there this time?  Theres 10 days between the 3rd and 14th of September where there are no shows, so Im thinking maybe one could be added then like during the S&A tour?  Anyone have any ideas?

Actually, the last time they played at Radio City, the sound was probably the worst I have ever heard and I have been to over 200 concerts in the 20 years.

I couldnt disagree with you more on MSG, but to each his own I guess... wacko.gif

So as thrilled as I am about the tour, I cant stand the fact they keep playing Jones Beach in NY.  Theres too many elements that can lead to a crappy sound night.  Thats why Im really hoping they add an indoor date in the NY area, whether it be MSG or Radio City.  Last time they hit radio city was for the R30 tour, so maybe they go there this time?  Theres 10 days between the 3rd and 14th of September where there are no shows, so Im thinking maybe one could be added then like during the S&A tour?  Anyone have any ideas?

I agree. People think just because it's in NYC, it's entitled to be called a mecca.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 9 2010, 03:29 PM)

I agree. People think just because it's in NYC, it's entitled to be called a mecca.

Your hatred for all things N.Y aside laugh.gif Every band or sports star wants to play in M.S.G. Even if it only once in their life . You don't hear that about any other Arena , much less one in Boston laugh.gif

Edited by metaldad

If they play somewhere in NYC, they will have covered NY, NJ, PA, CT

where one can get mass transit into NYC. So if they played NYC, it would be nice....Very nice...

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2010, 11:32 PM)
when i saw the r30 show at radio city, i thought it was the best sound i've ever heard.

I couldn't agree with you more.

The R30 shows at Radio City were simply, amazing.

I listen to Crossing the Stage from the first night often.

I'd love for them to add a date (or two) there!

~RGLT goodpost.gif

i'll pass on an msg show if added and i'm 25 min. away. i never liked the sound at msg. i remember the old continental arena had pretty good sound but i haven't been to the new nj arena yet. this go around i don't see them adding a ton of shows. i thinking about traveling out of state to somewhere i've never been before. chicago i've never been and i have a craving to try the deep dish pizza. tongue.gif

i just checked the cubs schedule and they are playing at wrigley the day before the rush show so a chicago trip might be in order.

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (librarian @ Apr 9 2010, 04:36 PM)
If they play somewhere in NYC, they will have covered NY, NJ, PA, CT
where one can get mass transit into NYC. So if they played NYC, it would be nice....Very nice...

goodpost.gif

If they played at the MSG, or anywhere in NYC for that matter, it would be amazing. Just a sixth date I can potentially attend laugh.gif

I disagree. I was way in the back at MSG when Rush last played there, and although it's cramped in the hallways and aging a little, the sound was better than any indoor arena I've ever been to. Certainly better than the one in the Meadowlands. But more importantly, the cheap seats there (all I can afford anyway) sounds multitudes better than the cheap seats at the other NYC area venues They're playing at. The lawn at PNC is merely OK, and the upper deck at Jones Beach is a terrible concert experience. Half the time it seems like the wind is carrying the sound away before it gets to you.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 04:35 PM)

Your hatred for all things N.Y aside laugh.gif Every band or sports star wants to play in M.S.G. Even if it only once in their life . You don't hear that about any other Arena , much less one in Boston laugh.gif

I hate NYC also. Been once, it was plenty. And I was there with the then-fiance, whose dad was, um, VERY highly placed on the NYSE board, so it wasn't like we were staying in dive hotels and scrounging for food. We stayed in their apartment, and it was pretty luxe.

I did like the Central Park Zoo and we hit some cool bookstores. It was just the overall feel of the city I didn't like. Infinitely prefer Chicago for the big-city experience.

It didn't help that we had crap weather for most of my stay there.

But yeah, Rush at MSG would be an experience even I would like to be there for.