Scalpers already have 2010 RUSH Tickets

You know, if I knew I could trust these guys, I'd be extremely tempted.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 8 2010, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 06:00 PM)

I'm not tempted....97 bucks for lawn?

Yep, on second glance, I realized that you are not guaranteed a good assigned seat. Total crapshoot and not worth it at all. Plus you're left holding your breath that you will A- get real tickets and not counterfeits and B- get them in time.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 06:00 PM)

I hear ya...but I think I will take my chances on Ebay. I've had really good luck in the past confused13.gif

No defined rows or seats? They don't even know what tickets they have yet. From what I can tell, they are season ticket brokers. You are only locking in a section. Overall, its a bad buy. Don't buy it! Wait it out!!

QUOTE (Prince of Tyrus @ Apr 8 2010, 05:58 PM)
wtf.gif 

Tour dates announced today and scalpers are already selling tickets:

More than likely these are the Season Tickets that the resellers own @ particular venue's.

So they know they will have those particular ones

But soon they will get the rest of the premium seats also........

And leave the real fans to pick from the crappy nose blead seats.

Why Scalping (ticket resellers) isn't Illegal is beyond me ! ! ! !

QUOTE (Kozmo4Rush @ Apr 8 2010, 07:09 PM)
No defined rows or seats? They don't even know what tickets they have yet. From what I can tell, they are season ticket brokers. You are only locking in a section. Overall, its a bad buy. Don't buy it! Wait it out!!

Don't worry - I figured that out! They don't have any more tickets than the rest of us do right now.

I'll probably take the day off work when tix go on sale and try my luck with TicketBastard. Sigh.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (Kozmo4Rush @ Apr 8 2010, 07:09 PM)

Don't worry - I figured that out! They don't have any more tickets than the rest of us do right now.

I'll probably take the day off work when tix go on sale and try my luck with TicketBastard. Sigh.

TicketBastered is what I always use, last show I got row 15..

QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 9 2010, 09:39 AM)
grrrr...I hate waiting for them to go on sale. Better "go in late" to work that day

Already requested the day off! biggrin.gif

Scalpers suck . Don't do it

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 9 2010, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 07:43 AM)

Why is it they can do it yet we would go to jail.? confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif WTF??

In New York they made it legal so you won't go to jail. That being said they charge more now than they did before . They should die, really

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 9 2010, 09:44 AM)

Why is it they can do it yet we would go to jail.? confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif WTF??

I know. In Atlanta, even the ones standing just outside the venue on the day of the event, mere hours before, are ignored by police. I think the only time there's ever a crackdown is when it's something like a major sport playoff event.

I'd be more afraid of shelling out $$$ and getting stuck with counterfeits.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 09:47 AM)

In New York they made it legal so you won't go to jail. That being said they charge more now than they did before . They should die, really

Really? It's legal to sell them above face value?

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 07:49 AM)

That is BS no.gif wtf.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 08:49 AM)

Yep . They passed the law a few years ago

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 9 2010, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 07:49 AM)

That is BS no.gif wtf.gif

Yes it is

Many ticket "brokers" do have season tickets and "clients" that have them as well. So yes, they will know some of the seats they will have in their inventory. They also have "deals" with promoters, the ticket sellers (LiveNation, TicketBastard, etc.) and the actual venues where they get a certain number of tickets in select locations regardless of the event. They also have deals with radio and other media persons, fan clubs and even hotel - package set-ups. You may notice that several different brokers may have the same exact tickets shown in their inventories at similar prices. They DO NOT actually have them but will take your oder, fill if and when possible or return your money. They do this to "test" the market and at times even "work together" to fill orders. I'll scratch yours.... Unfortunately, for fans, it is difficult for the vast majority. Keep aware for pre-sales or hope to get lucky. Pre-sales also do NOT give the best available seats by the way. Only certain sections and you may notice that tickets may not be available in the prime seating locations. Sometimes yes, but most times no. I've pulled better seats on a general public sale than those off a "private" pre-sale. Typically TicketMaster will hold the majority of the 1st 10-12 rows to put up on their auctions. That can be hit or miss too, but no matter what, the bid price starts higher than the face value. They are legit tix though. There is little need to worry about counterfeits with licensed brokers. They are governed and they are legit tix. Maybe not exactly the most Kosher dealings, but it is what it is. They are selling a service and ain't in it for nothing. I'll be contacting my broker if need be but will positively have many friends working their computers when tix go on sale. Best of Luck to everyone and hope to see y'all here in Atlanta.

Venues need to begin enforcing a will call type purchaser only pick up rule and this would end this nightmare. This is the only way to truly eliminate this situation. It would obviously take more entry time at the venues but I have been very happy with this situation and ability to get good seats at shows where they did this practice. Just a thought.

Here is a thought. If you see a scalper, smack him in the face . Then take all his tickets and give them out to everyone in the parking lot who can not afford to pay $400 for a pair of great seats

QUOTE (30kwpa @ Apr 9 2010, 10:11 AM)
Many ticket "brokers" do have season tickets and "clients" that have them as well. So yes, they will know some of the seats they will have in their inventory. They also have "deals" with promoters, the ticket sellers (LiveNation, TicketBastard, etc.) and the actual venues where they get a certain number of tickets in select locations regardless of the event. They also have deals with radio and other media persons, fan clubs and even hotel - package set-ups. You may notice that several different brokers may have the same exact tickets shown in their inventories at similar prices. They DO NOT actually have them but will take your oder, fill if and when possible or return your money. They do this to "test" the market and at times even "work together" to fill orders. I'll scratch yours.... Unfortunately, for fans, it is difficult for the vast majority. Keep aware for pre-sales or hope to get lucky. Pre-sales also do NOT give the best available seats by the way. Only certain sections and you may notice that tickets may not be available in the prime seating locations. Sometimes yes, but most times no. I've pulled better seats on a general public sale than those off a "private" pre-sale.  Typically TicketMaster will hold the majority of the 1st 10-12 rows to put up on their auctions. That can be hit or miss too, but no matter what, the bid price starts higher than the face value. They are legit tix though. There is little need to worry about counterfeits with licensed brokers. They are governed and they are legit tix. Maybe not exactly the most Kosher dealings, but it is what it is. They are selling a service and ain't in it for nothing. I'll be contacting my broker if need be but will positively have many friends working their computers when tix go on sale. Best of Luck to everyone and hope to see y'all here in Atlanta.

Well, if you want to get technical, you could blame Rush, tour sponsors, execs, and the like for some of the unavailable primo seats. There are a certain number of comped seats (usually starting around 4th row & back - center) that are blocked out for vip's, friends & family of the band & crew, etc., etc. If they don't get used up (taken) by showtime, someone with the band will peruse the nose bleed sections and hand them out for free, as "upgrades" for some lucky fans.

So, you never know when buying lawn seats will pay off and get you primo seating! tongue.gif

Yeah, I know its awful.

The other annoying thing about buying from scalpers online through Ticketsnow and E-Bay is the Ticketfast online tickets.

Some of them have turned out to counterfeit/fake tickets when people print them out. People go to the venue and are turned away and its too late you find they're fake.