Will they succeed for two tours?

Tick

Rush is entering uncharted waters on this tour. They are touring for the first time without a new album and in the worst economy they have ever toured in. My thought is this. Can Rush do a Summer tour with no new product and they come back in 2011 with a new album and play a lot of the same venues? I know were all fanatics on messageboards so the general thought will probably be yes they can.

I just remember when they played MSG in 07 after already saturating the market, and tickets sales were not very good.

I hope they succeed but it will be a tall order to play back to back tours in a lot of the same cities in such a short span of time and do well in the economic climate these days.

Time will tell.

There's going to be a dropoff from 2010 to 2011 - but that's part of the rationale behind playing fewer shows than normal this time around. There are a lot of large cities and usual stops that aren't being hit in 2010 (Phoenix, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Portland, Vancouver etc) so they'll draw in those places b/c it will be their first show. Plus in 2011 they'll be touring behind a new album and some fresh promotion - which wasn't the case in 2008 vs 2007. Because of the smaller itinerary and the new album on the backend, I'd guess that the dropoff from 2010 to 2011 will be a smaller % than what we saw in 2007 to 2008.

Hard to tell. As underwhelmed as I was by this tours announcement, I think its brilliant marketing. The people will come, its up to Rush to really mix the setlist up and blow people away with their new stuff. If they can carry that momentum to the next record, do some unorthodox (for them) promo stuff, the next tour will be successful. They may never stop.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 8 2010, 05:44 PM)
There are a lot of large cities and usual stops that aren't being hit in 2010 (Phoenix, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Portland, Vancouver etc) so they'll draw in those places b/c it will be their first show.

Argh, I've been hoping they might add a Phoenix date for 2010. banghead.gif

I guess I'll be making the trip to CA or NV or maybe even NM.

The only thing I can think of that might be a monkey wrench in the works is if Geddy's voice is just blown to smithereens after Round 1 and he can't handle a second, longer tour.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 8 2010, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 8 2010, 05:44 PM)
There are a lot of large cities and usual stops that aren't being hit in 2010 (Phoenix, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Portland, Vancouver etc) so they'll draw in those places b/c it will be their first show.

Argh, I've been hoping they might add a Phoenix date for 2010. banghead.gif

I guess I'll be making the trip to CA or NV or maybe even NM.

If they don't come to Phoenix

Las Vegas Road Trip is in order ( Saturday Aug 14th )

Already RO requested off work for Friday / Sat / Sun @ Both of my Job's