Questions about the Time Machine...

subdivisor

when will moving pictures be played?...first half or the second half?...i would think it would be the second half followed by the 3 in a row encore BUT, then where would the drum solo fit in?... OR, is neil going to squeeze it in on YYZ like the ESL version?.... 2.gif

The band said MP would be played in its entirety. Not necessarily consecutively in the original running order. My guess is MP will be broken up throughout the set. Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 8 2010, 04:45 PM)
The band said MP would be played in its entirety. Not necessarily consecutively in the original running order. My guess is MP will be broken up throughout the set.

i dont think so...they wouldnt promote it the way they are if its going to be broken up...

Ya, thats likely.

Remember: MP is only 40 minutes long. At most, it'll run 50 minutes. Each half of the set runs 60-80 minutes.

If they open the second set with it, they'll still have plenty of time for the drum solo etc.

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Apr 8 2010, 04:51 PM)
Ya, thats likely.

Remember: MP is only 40 minutes long. At most, it'll run 50 minutes. Each half of the set runs 60-80 minutes.

If they open the second set with it, they'll still have plenty of time for the drum solo etc.

Good point. Encore of Tom Sawyer and Limelight.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 8 2010, 05:45 PM)
The band said MP would be played in its entirety. Not necessarily consecutively in the original running order. My guess is MP will be broken up throughout the set.

I don't think so. The current zeitgeist is for bands to play their classic album from beginning to end. Why would Rush do any different?

I couldn't careless where they play it but where ever it's played it should be pretty interesting to all of us. It will be for me even after 40 something shows.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (GotRush @ Apr 8 2010, 06:17 PM)
My
Guess
Would
Be

MP in order, finishing the 1st set

Yep, this is whats going to happen.

I agree. I think Neil wants to get it over with as soon as possible. rofl3.gif

Never. The whole point is the play it start to finish. I guarantee that is how it will be played.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 9 2010, 05:03 AM)

Never. The whole point is the play it start to finish. I guarantee that is how it will be played.

agreed

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 8 2010, 06:05 PM)
It will be played somewhere between the very first note, and the very last note.

goodpost.gif I couldn't agree more!

I think they'll play MP in it's entirety at the start of the 2nd set

and include the drum solo during YYZ as they did on the MP tour.

I also think they'll probably have time for maybe 2 more songs

like Closer to the Heart & TSOR to finish off the set. I'm also going

to guess In the Mood & La Villa Strangiato as the encores.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 8 2010, 06:47 PM)

I don't think so. The current zeitgeist is for bands to play their classic album from beginning to end. Why would Rush do any different?

Because they are Rush after all, and they never do what is expected, but rather do things their own way.

Working Man will be the last song of the night . If i am wrong i owe you a beer

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 9 2010, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 04:11 PM)
Working Man will be the last song of the night . If i am wrong i owe you a beer

I'll remember that. laugh.gif

The Vault Edition?