07/03/10 - Milwaukee, WI

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 19 2010, 04:25 PM)
whatever trips your trigger dude.
However, there are 4 of you, times 7 bucks, is already $21.

I've had some bad experiences driving in Milwaukee, that's all. Had that car for only a week....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (AVman9 @ Apr 19 2010, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 19 2010, 04:25 PM)
whatever trips your trigger dude.
However, there are 4 of you, times 7 bucks, is already $21.

I've had some bad experiences driving in Milwaukee, that's all. Had that car for only a week....

well that's different.

see you at the show!

It will be me and a buddy this time. Sec. 3 row EE seats 8&9. Better seats this time. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/1022.gif

QUOTE (Darkcyde @ Apr 20 2010, 07:23 AM)
It will be me and a buddy this time. Sec. 3 row EE seats 8&9. Better seats this time. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/1022.gif

Dang, them's some good seats! I managed to get section 8 row E seats 7-10. The better seats were too much money for the guys going with me. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif I would have gone for it otherwise.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 23 2010, 05:49 AM)
I splurged on the VIPS, Section 2, row G
7th row!!(well, with the pit, 10th) but it's the closet I've ever been!

OMG!!

You're going to love those seats!!

Well, at least the floor you'll be standing on. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Marcus ROCKS!!

QUOTE (test4eggroll @ Apr 23 2010, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 23 2010, 05:49 AM)
I splurged on the VIPS, Section 2, row G
7th row!!(well, with the pit, 10th) but it's the closet I've ever been!

theres atleast 5 rows in the pit if not more

Las time, they didn't set up all of those seats, so it could be closer than 12th row, but it's still a lot closer than I've ever been.

I usually sit back in or near the yellow covered seats, like row 60 or something. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Just got my tickets off Ticketmaster today. Sec 3, row DD. Not too bad. I was just about ready to go the scalper route to get in the RED sections. Glad I tried TM one more time before I called the Ticket King! Saved myself at least $300 which will go a long way towards Beer, food and RUSH merchandise!

This is my first time attending Summerfest and I think that I'd like to attend on 7/4 as well. Any advice for a first-timer to Summerfest? I just read on the official Summerfest website that we are restricted from bringing/carrying anything into the venue.

Please tell me that food and drink are not outrageously priced for Summerfest!

Art

I don't think the food and beverage prices are too terrible actually. As far as food, you can have anything from brats/burgers to pizza, ribs, all types of ethnic specialties, etc. Soda, beer, water, and other drinks are also available. It's been a couple of years since I went, but I seem to remember that a 16 ounce cup of Leinies was $3.00 or something like that. I actually think the prices in the Marcus are more expensive than the rest of the festival.

What I do know is that it is an awsome way to spend a day. Enjoy the entire spectrum of music during the day and then RUSH that evening.

Just an idea though. If there is rain in the forecast, bring a poncho....Last RUSH show it rained pretty good during the day. I had bought ponchos at Walmart before we left for $3 bucks. They were selling them at Summerfest for $15. The ponch kept me dry while others were huddling under cover. I just wish I had a cover for my beer...

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show!

They raised the beer prices last year, to 4 bucks, soda or water was 3 last year, but food is really reasonable. You should be able to get a meal for under 10 bucks. I usually can.

If you are going down there on the 4th, it's pretty crowded. Walk along the lakefront walk if you want to avoid the crowds.

Take the bus...don't drive down if you don't have to. Parking is expensive and the lots fill up quickly.

QUOTE (toonz @ Jun 21 2010, 07:51 AM)
Just an idea though. If there is rain in the forecast, bring a poncho....Last RUSH show it rained pretty good during the day. I had bought ponchos at Walmart before we left for $3 bucks. They were selling them at Summerfest for $15. The ponch kept me dry while others were huddling under cover. I just wish I had a cover for my beer...

^ This. Last time I got SOAKED and the ticket I printed from tickebastard was almost unreadable by the scanner do-dad they use. Best keep them in a zip lock bag.

First time coming to Summerfest. Should I buy the parking pass? Pavilion seats are not covered? Are Rush one of the few bands that doesn't allow cameras? I just bought a new one. How close is the venue to the nearest fast food/pizza joints?

Depending on where you are coming from, I would suggest hopping on one of the shuttles from the Park and Rides in the area. You get picked up/dropped off at the Park and Ride for $10 bucks or so round trip. Saves you the hassle of getting out of the parking lot after the show.

Sections 1-8 are covered, the rest are not so be prepared if there is rain in the area.

I brought a small camera last time without any problem. So did a bunch of other fans.

Don't worry about finding a pizza joint. Summerfest has more food than you will know what to do with. Your Rush ticket gets you into the festival so take the time to enjoy it!

See you there!

Any word on where and when everyone wants to meet up?

QUOTE (toonz @ Jun 22 2010, 04:45 PM)
Depending on where you are coming from, I would suggest hopping on one of the shuttles from the Park and Rides in the area. You get picked up/dropped off at the Park and Ride for $10 bucks or so round trip. Saves you the hassle of getting out of the parking lot after the show.

Sections 1-8 are covered, the rest are not so be prepared if there is rain in the area.

I brought a small camera last time without any problem. So did a bunch of other fans.

Don't worry about finding a pizza joint. Summerfest has more food than you will know what to do with. Your Rush ticket gets you into the festival so take the time to enjoy it!

See you there!

Thanks for your help. Are the park and rides hard to find?(What street?) I haven't mapquest yet. I'm coming from Indy area. What time does the whole summerfest thing start each morning? And for one more question.....how good is sec 3 row s? Pretty good seats? Again thanks for any help.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 22 2010, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (toonz @ Jun 22 2010, 04:45 PM)

See you there!

Thanks for your help. Are the park and rides hard to find?(What street?) I haven't mapquest yet. I'm coming from Indy area. What time does the whole summerfest thing start each morning? And for one more question.....how good is sec 3 row s? Pretty good seats? Again thanks for any help.

If you go out to the Summerfest site, they have links to the bus routes. What hotel are you staying at? If you are downtown, there are many bus routes to Summerfest. Check with your hotel and see what they recommend. You may just be able to park at your hotel and take a city bus down,which is cheaper than the park and ride.

Summerfest starts at noon each day.

Section 3, row s?around 19th row. I sat back in that area last time, not a bad view at all.

As for food, you can find just about anything possible on the grounds.

Please go out to the Summerfest site and dig around if you haven't already. It's going to answer a lot of your questions. This is our big show in this town... it's very well organized.

I still haven't got a clue as to a time for a meet up, but it was suggested that we meet by Jojo's Martini lounge, which is midway between the Classic Rock stage and the Marcus on the South End.

There was an article on JSonline about the start of Summerfest today. In it was this little piece of info..

"The stage in the Marcus Amphitheater has been reduced by about 8 feet, allowing for three rows of additional seating at the front. Those seats could be removed for artists that need extra stage space."

That's good news really. I should make the sightlines for the outer edges of Sections 1 and 3 a little nicer. 3 rows of PIT seating. There is also a couple of pictures on that site of the Amp itself. It looks like they installed new barriers in front of the stage as well.

8 days 10 hours 38 minutes

But who's counting...

QUOTE (toonz @ Jun 24 2010, 07:43 AM)
There was an article on JSonline about the start of Summerfest today. In it was this little piece of info..

"The stage in the Marcus Amphitheater has been reduced by about 8 feet, allowing for three rows of additional seating at the front. Those seats could be removed for artists that need extra stage space."

That's good news really. I should make the sightlines for the outer edges of Sections 1 and 3 a little nicer. 3 rows of PIT seating. There is also a couple of pictures on that site of the Amp itself. It looks like they installed new barriers in front of the stage as well.

8 days 10 hours 38 minutes

But who's counting...

I'm counting! I can't wait! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/bncegrn.gif http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/bncegrn.gif

Thank you to everyone that has offered advice about Summerfest for a newbie. Glad to hear that I won't get killed on food and drink.

Darkcyde - Great advice on putting printed tickets in a baggie!

For you locals - do you prefer to park on the grounds or take a shuttle in?

Art

QUOTE (arthung @ Jun 24 2010, 11:45 AM)
Thank you to everyone that has offered advice about Summerfest for a newbie.  Glad to hear that I won't get killed on food and drink.

Darkcyde - Great advice on putting printed tickets in a baggie!

For you locals - do you prefer to park on the grounds or take a shuttle in?

Art

I park(bought a parking pass), but parking just got tighter. 1 of the structures down there had a little "accident" yesterday and got closed. I'd definitely take the shuttle, or use a park and ride lot.

If you do decide to bring your car, you can expect to spend up to an hour waiting to get out of the lot. I did last night.

And speaking of locals, which one of you wore a Rush shirt to the Kool and the Gang show last night? made my day!

by the way, Kool and the Gang is the boyfriend's must see band. Not bad, actually.

Are Rush still one of the few bands that doesn't allow cameras inside the venue? I just bought a new one so if I ride the shuttle and want to take pics of Summerfest I'll have to take the camera all the way back to the car?

Actually Summerfest doesn't allow them, however, high quality camera phones can be had.

Security does pat you down on the way into Summerfest. With a little creativity, you could sneak a camera in. Many people do.

Archived