• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 toonz

toonz

The Seeker

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

Depending on where you are coming from, I would suggest hopping on one of the shuttles from the Park and Rides in the area. You get picked up/dropped off at the Park and Ride for $10 bucks or so round trip. Saves you the hassle of getting out of the parking lot after the show.

Sections 1-8 are covered, the rest are not so be prepared if there is rain in the area.

I brought a small camera last time without any problem. So did a bunch of other fans.

Don't worry about finding a pizza joint. Summerfest has more food than you will know what to do with. Your Rush ticket gets you into the festival so take the time to enjoy it!

See you there!

Any word on where and when everyone wants to meet up?

Sponsored Post

#42 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (toonz @ Jun 22 2010, 04:45 PM)
Depending on where you are coming from, I would suggest hopping on one of the shuttles from the Park and Rides in the area. You get picked up/dropped off at the Park and Ride for $10 bucks or so round trip. Saves you the hassle of getting out of the parking lot after the show.

Sections 1-8 are covered, the rest are not so be prepared if there is rain in the area.

I brought a small camera last time without any problem. So did a bunch of other fans.

Don't worry about finding a pizza joint. Summerfest has more food than you will know what to do with. Your Rush ticket gets you into the festival so take the time to enjoy it!

See you there!

Thanks for your help. Are the park and rides hard to find?(What street?) I haven't mapquest yet. I'm coming from Indy area. What time does the whole summerfest thing start each morning? And for one more question.....how good is sec 3 row s? Pretty good seats? Again thanks for any help.

#43 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 22 2010, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (toonz @ Jun 22 2010, 04:45 PM)

See you there!

Thanks for your help. Are the park and rides hard to find?(What street?) I haven't mapquest yet. I'm coming from Indy area. What time does the whole summerfest thing start each morning? And for one more question.....how good is sec 3 row s? Pretty good seats? Again thanks for any help.

If you go out to the Summerfest site, they have links to the bus routes.  What hotel are you staying at? If you are downtown, there are many bus routes to Summerfest. Check with your hotel and see what they recommend.  You may just be able to park at your hotel and take a city bus down,which is cheaper than the park and ride.

Summerfest  starts at noon each day.
Section 3, row s?around 19th row. I sat back in that area last time, not a bad view at all.

As for food, you can find just about anything possible on the grounds.
Please go out to the Summerfest site and dig around if you haven't already. It's going to answer a lot of your questions.  This is our big show in this town... it's very well organized.

I still haven't got a clue as to a time for a meet up, but it was suggested that we meet by Jojo's Martini lounge, which is midway between the Classic Rock stage and the Marcus on the South End.

#44 toonz

toonz

The Seeker

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

There was an article on JSonline about the start of Summerfest today. In it was this little piece of info..

"The stage in the Marcus Amphitheater has been reduced by about 8 feet, allowing for three rows of additional seating at the front. Those seats could be removed for artists that need extra stage space."

That's good news really. I should make the sightlines for the outer edges of Sections 1 and 3 a little nicer. 3 rows of PIT seating. There is also a couple of pictures on that site of the Amp itself. It looks like they installed new barriers in front of the stage as well.

8 days 10 hours 38 minutes

But who's counting...

Edited by toonz, 24 June 2010 - 08:48 AM.

#45 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (toonz @ Jun 24 2010, 07:43 AM)
There was an article on JSonline about the start of Summerfest today. In it was this little piece of info..

"The stage in the Marcus Amphitheater has been reduced by about 8 feet, allowing for three rows of additional seating at the front. Those seats could be removed for artists that need extra stage space."

That's good news really. I should make the sightlines for the outer edges of Sections 1 and 3 a little nicer. 3 rows of PIT seating. There is also a couple of pictures on that site of the Amp itself. It looks like they installed new barriers in front of the stage as well.

8 days 10 hours 38 minutes

But who's counting...

I'm counting! I can't wait! bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif  

#46 arthung

arthung

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

Thank you to everyone that has offered advice about Summerfest for a newbie.  Glad to hear that I won't get killed on food and drink.

Darkcyde - Great advice on putting printed tickets in a baggie!

For you locals - do you prefer to park on the grounds or take a shuttle in?

Art

#47 toonz

toonz

The Seeker

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

I do the shuttle. Easy in and out. I come down from Plymouth so I park at the North side and shuttle down. If you are interested in the Shuttle, here is the website for more information:

http://www.ridemcts.com/Routes-Schedules/E...ces/Summerfest/

Edited by toonz, 24 June 2010 - 05:28 PM.

#48 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (arthung @ Jun 24 2010, 11:45 AM)
Thank you to everyone that has offered advice about Summerfest for a newbie.  Glad to hear that I won't get killed on food and drink.

Darkcyde - Great advice on putting printed tickets in a baggie!

For you locals - do you prefer to park on the grounds or take a shuttle in?

Art

I park(bought a parking pass), but parking just got tighter. 1 of the structures down there had a little "accident" yesterday and got closed. I'd definitely take the shuttle, or use a park and ride lot.
If you do decide to bring your car, you can expect to spend up to an hour waiting to get out of the lot. I did last night.

And speaking of locals, which one of you wore a Rush shirt to the Kool and the Gang show last night? made my day!
by the way, Kool and the Gang is the boyfriend's must see band. Not bad, actually.

Edited by nettiesaur, 25 June 2010 - 08:51 AM.

#49 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

Are Rush still one of the few bands that doesn't allow cameras inside the venue? I just bought a new one so if I ride the shuttle and want to take pics of Summerfest I'll have to take the camera all the way back to the car?

#50 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

Actually Summerfest doesn't allow them, however, high quality camera phones can be had.
Security does pat you down on the way into Summerfest. With a little creativity, you could sneak a camera in. Many people do.

#51 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

Meet up: 4:00 at Jojo's martini lounge(outside).

#52 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jun 28 2010, 09:45 AM)
Meet up: 4:00 at Jojo's martini lounge(outside).

Make that 3:00. Animation goes on  around then.

#53 toonz

toonz

The Seeker

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

I need some help. I had planned on riding on the shuttle from the Brown Deer exit, but that exit is closed for construction. Where is a good place near the festival grounds to park? Within walking distance would be great.

Thanks

#54 AVman9

AVman9

The Seeker

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (toonz @ Jul 1 2010, 12:56 PM)
I need some help. I had planned on riding on the shuttle from the Brown Deer exit, but that exit is closed for construction. Where is a good place near the festival grounds to park? Within walking distance would be great.

Thanks

Unfortunately, pretty much nowhere. Milwaukee is notoriously bad when it comes to parking, especially near the lakefront. I would suggest the State Fair park 'n ride instead. I know its a bit more distance than you're looking for, but there's a fairly large lot there and it is also outside of the city, so the traffic won't be as bad.

You can try to search around the grounds to find somewhere to park, but it may take a very long time. (and probably some fuel, too.)

#55 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (AVman9 @ Jul 1 2010, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (toonz @ Jul 1 2010, 12:56 PM)

Thanks

Unfortunately, pretty much nowhere. Milwaukee is notoriously bad when it comes to parking, especially near the lakefront. I would suggest the State Fair park 'n ride instead. I know its a bit more distance than you're looking for, but there's a fairly large lot there and it is also outside of the city, so the traffic won't be as bad.

You can try to search around the grounds to find somewhere to park, but it may take a very long time. (and probably some fuel, too.)

If you decide against doing the park and ride(State Fair is Good!), go online to Summerfest and buy a parking pass for Saturday. Yeah, it's 20 bucks, but there are no fees and you are guaranteed a spot to park in.  The other place to try(but it fills up early) is the Italian Community center lot.  It will be around the same price 15 to 20 dollars, but you can't buy a pass online, just cross your fingers and"Hope".

#56 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

How is the layout? Is Marcus inside or outside the Summerfest grounds?

#57 toonz

toonz

The Seeker

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

The layout is nice unless you are way out to the edges of the section. Here's a layout  http://www.marcusamp.com/.

The marcus is inside of the festival grounds at the far Southern end.

#58 shiftinganddrifting

shiftinganddrifting

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Rush, outdoor activities, cooking, mexico, watching my kids in their activities (baseball, dance) reading, TV - crime shows and medical shows (reality - not soap opera style) listening to other music (occasionally) :)

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

hey gang- just jumping in,,,, so a meet up at 3 at jo jo's? and where is animation playing?? last time they were at the stage just near the marcus- not sure of the name...

can't wait- this time no rain!!!!!

also going to chicago  ohmy.gif  2.gif  

#59 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (shiftinganddrifting @ Jul 2 2010, 05:21 PM)
hey gang- just jumping in,,,, so a meet up at 3 at jo jo's? and where is animation playing?? last time they were at the stage just near the marcus- not sure of the name...

can't wait- this time no rain!!!!!

also going to chicago  ohmy.gif  2.gif

Animation is on the classic rock stage.
The meetup is outside Jojo's at 3:00. It's between the Classic Rock stage and the Marcus.

#60 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

How did you guys and girls like the show? Milwaukee rocks!! The view from Marcus is just stunning!! I wouldn't want to live there in winter time though. LOL. When you live there you probably get used to that view after a while don't you? My brother and I are still blown away by the view from Marcus. The whole downtown skyline thing is well...just wow. Too many people there though......and don't get me started on the lack of traffic management......Wow. My only complaint of the day. Can't wait to go back to Milwaukee!!!

Edited by presto123, 04 July 2010 - 05:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users