07/03/10 - Milwaukee, WI

YES is playing the "classic rock stage" the same day as Rush will play Milwaukee's Summerfest!

July 2nd, 2010

I will be there, and just wanted to start a thread for peeps who think this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from RIAB

UPDATE - 4/8@12:14PM: The Summerfest date/venue that Rush.com had listed is incorrect. It should be July 3rd at the Marcus Amphitheater as originally expected. The Summerfest website will be making the official announcement later this afternoon. I'm gathering information on pre-sales as we speak and will be working on loading all the dates into the tour section over the next few days.

UPDATE - 4/8@8:02AM: Here's the official

Actually, I talked to the folks at summerfest and the actual date is Saturday July 3rd according to the nice lady I spoke with. Tickets are $77, $67, $54 and $34. They aren't sure why the RUSH website lists July 2nd as the date. Who know's, maybe they will be playing both nights and filming it for the DVD!

I'll be there!

Here's a blurb from JSONLINE. I was a little off on the prices, but still cheaper than the last tour...

Rush to headline Summerfest on July 3

By Jackie Loohauis-Bennett of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: April 8, 2010 3:28 p.m. |(1) Comments

Perennial rock favorite Rush will bring its Time Machine Tour to Summerfest at 7:30 p.m. July 3, festival officials announced Thursday.

Tickets are $77, $67, $47 and $32, excluding service charges. Tickets include admission to Summerfest.

Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. April 17 at the Marcus Amphitheater box office, Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com">ticketmaster.com, (800) 745-3000 (live agent) and (866) 448-7849 (automated).

Band members Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart will perform their classic hits and feature, for the first time, "Moving Pictures" album live in its entirety on stage. The 1981 album was the band's biggest seller. The trio also will perform new music planned for future release.

Rush has sold more than 40 million records worldwide and was inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame in March.

Summerfest runs from June 24 through July 4 at Maier Festival Park.

I was just on the site and checked ticket prices. They are $45 and $65 dollars plus 26.50 in fees, so 71.50 and 91.50 respectively. less than I paid last time, if it holds true.

And the concert is on the 3rd. Rush has changed it on their site. So book the weekend and see Yes on Friday and Rush on Saturday. Or Scorpions on Friday and Rush on Saturday http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gif

Spelling edit there^

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Apr 8 2010, 03:13 PM)
YES is playing the "classic rock stage" the same day as Rush will play Milwaukee's Summerfest!
July 2nd, 2010

I will be there, and just wanted to start a thread for peeps who think this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes is coming to my neck of the woods in June, and as much as I love them without Jon Anderson it's not Yes. Chris Squire is ruining their legacy.

So whats say? I say we TRF types all get a TRF T Shirt and meet up somewhere before the show. Like maybe by the big Gibson Guitar statue about an hour and a half before the show. Whatcha think?

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink36.gif

I'm already meeting up with a bunch of people from here and RIAB. We're actually meeting a lot earlier.

and: at the last show, getting in the gate and down the ramp and into your seat a 1/2 hour before the show was a madhouse...so many people in that area, trying to buy shirts and stuff. We probably want to meet a little earlier, and a little further away.

Animation, the Rush tribute band, is playing from 3:30 to 7:00, according to their site. This was the gathering spot last time.

Anyone want to do that again? It's the Classic Rock stage, which is right by the Marcus.

It's odd that they are only showing 2 ticket prices right now. Usually there are 4 or 5 tiers of ticket prices at the Marcus. I think they may be only showing us a range of prices right now.

Sections:

Pit

Red

Yellow

Bleachers

Lawn

When I saw them on the second leg of S&A there were prices like that. I'm thinking that we won't see the real prices until the sale starts.

If they go with only two prices I'm going to rage. I'm a college student that doesn't have the $91.20 to shell out for yellow section seats! I had the bleachers last time and they were okay, but I was unprotected from rain and I was also stuck behind a pole which happened to be located directly between Lifeson and myself. I could hear him, but not see him most of the time.

I guess we'll find out on April 17th at 10am!

Just called summerfest to confirm prices.

Red section-$79

Yellow Section-$69

Bleachers-$49

Lawn-$34

I asked if there were additional fees and he said that is the FINAL price after fees!

Kick Ass!!!!

QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 12 2010, 05:51 PM)
Just called summerfest to confirm prices.

Red section-$79
Yellow Section-$69
Bleachers-$49
Lawn-$34

I asked if there were additional fees and he said that is the FINAL price after fees!

Kick Ass!!!!

Thanks much, toonz. Looks like we in Milwaukee are getting the good side of Ticketbastard, if there is one. Yellow section, here I come!

It looks like the guy I talked to at Summerfest can't add. Just checked ticket prices on ticketmaster and it looks like the price quoted to me did not include the fees, which add $20 to each ticket. Highest ticket price is $92. Not the $79 he quoted me on the phone.

Oh well, I'm still going with Best Available!

QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 13 2010, 10:22 AM)
It looks like the guy I talked to at Summerfest can't add. Just checked ticket prices on ticketmaster and it looks like the price quoted to me did not include the fees, which add $20 to each ticket. Highest ticket price is $92. Not the $79 he quoted me on the phone.

Oh well, I'm still going with Best Available!

Yeah I saw that on the website. Oh well, $77.90 still isn't that bad.

The fees are just ridiculous. They added almost 50 bucks to the bill.

I could afford the tickets, the fees put them over the top!.

However, I'm going, my brother, and sister, and my brother's friendare going with me, and a small group of friends http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif .

Section 2, Row 7 for me by the way.

Where are you sitting?

Where do people want to meet? The Animation show is from 3:30 to 7:00, or so their site says. It's not posted on the Summerfest site yet.

I know other threads were started about this, but this is the OFFICIAL THREAD.

I'm meeting with friends from RIAB already. In fact, it's thanks to these friends that I have such great seats!

I'm bringing 3 friends with me. Since its the same day as as the damned fireworks, we are going to get there in the morning and wander all day to avoid insane parking (I'm hitting up a park and ride and taking the freeway flyer. Screw Milwaukee streets!) and insane crowds.

Why, oh why, did they pick July 3rd? http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/confused13.gif

No insane parking for me. I bought a parking pass on Summerfest.com. No fees, print it at home, and it's a reserved lot. $20. Headache gone.

If you'r driving down there, buy one, it's well worth it.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 19 2010, 04:01 PM)
No insane parking for me. I bought a parking pass on Summerfest.com. No fees, print it at home, and it's a reserved lot. $20. Headache gone.

Hellz no, I am not driving down there. I'm taking the freeway flyer from Hale's Corners for 7 bucks round trip!

$20 to park and another $10 in gas? I say nay! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

QUOTE (AVman9 @ Apr 19 2010, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 19 2010, 04:01 PM)
No insane parking for me. I bought a parking pass on Summerfest.com. No fees, print it at home, and it's a reserved lot.  $20.  Headache gone.

Hellz no, I am not driving down there. I'm taking the freeway flyer from Hale's Corners for 7 bucks round trip!

$20 to park and another $10 in gas? I say nay! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

whatever trips your trigger dude.

However, there are 4 of you, times 7 bucks, is already $21.

Archived