Meeting Neil

yyz

I love salmon and halibut!! yes.gif

After every 3 RUSh songs I listen to on the new stero I always have a vision of hugging Gary lee,just hugging him but its and always after every 3, I feel overwhelmed by their greatness after a few songs and I know,not think that they are the greatest band in the world.I would hug them all not not let go for what they have given an appreachiative few

I probably wouldn't go up to him. I'm not the type of person who does that when famous people are around, because I'm guessing they just want some peace.

One time in Williamsburg my husband and I were at a sushi bar and Bruce Hornsby and his companion come in and sit right next to us. Neither one of us said a word until we left. Then it was all, Didyouknowwhothatwas!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Mar 30 2005, 04:49 PM)
I probably wouldn't go up to him. I'm not the type of person who does that when famous people are around, because I'm guessing they just want some peace.

One time in Williamsburg my husband and I were at a sushi bar and Bruce Hornsby and his companion come in and sit right next to us. Neither one of us said a word until we left. Then it was all, Didyouknowwhothatwas!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif That's funny, I can just imagine...

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Mar 30 2005, 03:59 PM)
......still like having their ego stroked.......

I am not going to say a word.

scared.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Y'know, from what I read in Neil's book, it's seems he just doesn't want to be approached by a fan because he's convinced "most" would make a big deal and he doesn't really like attention. And I think he feels that if you saw someone who looked like him, and said "hey, you're Neil Peart of Rush" and he said, "no I just look like him, I get that a lot" you would go, "oh, sorry" and be on your way. In other words, is the persona rather than the person that gathers attention. If that makes any sense.

Can you blame him?

Let me give you an example, when I was a kid in HS this guys dad and sister were killed by an exploding tire on their car, the tire mfg. was sued by him and his mom and and they got like a million dollars, he had all these "new" friends all of a sudden and they all wanted to be his pal and help him spend his money. In about a year the money was all but gone, and so were his friends. He learned valuable lesson about those bums, they were not real friends. They only wanted to hang out with him while he was "somebody" with "something".

This is what I feel Neil doesn't really care for. We love him for who he is, not just what he is. But that's a tough thing to validate.

Isn't this why rich people have pre-nups, even though they vow to spend the rest of their lives together, and love and cherish each other, but still, that so-small sliver of doubt has a way of rearing it's ugly self and sprouting doubt.

Just my thoughts.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 30 2005, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (Arndrake @ Mar 30 2005, 03:59 PM)
......still like having their ego stroked.......

I am not going to say a word.

Geez, everyone has to turn a comment into something dirty biggrin.gif

edit: added the original quote for clarity

In most settings, I would say absolutely nothing to him. Also, I would try to not look at him too much. Why? Because he has made it abundantly clear that he would prefer to be left alone and that random fan attention embarrasses him.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 31 2005, 10:20 AM)
In most settings, I would say absolutely nothing to him. Also, I would try to not look at him too much. Why? Because he has made it abundantly clear that he would prefer to be left alone and that random fan attention embarrasses him.

yes.gif goodpost.gif

I'm sure random fan attention DOES irritate him. If I was ever granted the opportunity, I would definitely speak to him politely and briefly. In spite of all the fun I have on this board with this subject, I would be completely capable of a short, non-groupie comment/greeting. My mama didn't raise no dummy. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 31 2005, 08:20 AM)

You only say that because of the restraining order, right?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 31 2005, 11:04 AM)

SSSHHHH!!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 31 2005, 10:04 AM)

Oh, wow...I needed that.... rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 31 2005, 08:08 AM)

SSSHHHH!!!! tongue.gif

Nah, I'd imagine GhostGirl would have the restraining order. tongue.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 31 2005, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 31 2005, 08:08 AM)

SSSHHHH!!!! tongue.gif

Nah, I'd imagine GhostGirl would have the restraining order. tongue.gif

HEY!

I'm not THAT bad.

It's all an act. ph34r.gif

Oh, and Sterling? What's that sound I hear? Oh, yeah...brownie points slipping away.... tongue.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 31 2005, 11:11 AM)
I'd steal his underwear.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/headbanger.gif

And what exactly would you do with them...? unsure.gif

QUOTE (physics23 @ Mar 31 2005, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 31 2005, 11:11 AM)
I'd steal his underwear.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/headbanger.gif

And what exactly would you do with them...? unsure.gif

Nunyer

Guest Quigley_Moog

Having read Neil's books, I know that he doesn't want to have a terrible amount of attention drawn to himself. I would probably (quietly) say "Hi. I'm a fan. Can I have an autograph?" Then I would leave him be. I don't think enough people recognize his face that me and a bunch of other people would run up to him drooling; it would be a very casual thing, I think.

Archived