THE Camera Eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rush Kid

The Camera Eye  

88 members have voted

1. 1. The Camera Eye

• Woo-Hoo!!!
    • Woo-Hoo!!!!!

QUOTE (g under p @ Apr 10 2010, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 10 2010, 02:30 PM)

Once again let me just say lets be glad we get to see our favorite band( well for most of us cool.gif  perform at all. 

I don't know a band out there that puts on a better show for their fans! 
rantoff.gif  tongue.gif

AGREED, I don't care what else they play and how they'll play it. I'm just excited my favorite rock band is touring and touring in my favorite cities West Palm Beach and DC/VA.

I give them maybe 10 more years of touring so enjoy them while we can because then all we'll have are the dvd videos.

Peace

10 more years...wow im glad somebody on this board has this kind of optimism...good on ya!,cheers to 10 more years trink38.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen/heard a lot of 2.gif gigs but I have NEVER heard one of my favourite 2.gif tracks, The Camera Eye in the flesh... banghead.gif

This is great. I am glad to see that Rush have listened to what the real fans want to hear. Now... as far as the rest of the songs. I have a feeling they will be playing a few more surprises. I believe the #2 song that real Rush fans want to hear is Jacob's Ladder. Let's see if they pull that one out of the vault. That is the only other song on Permanent Waves that they would probably play that they have not in the past. Different Strings has no chance. Jacob's Ladder and The Camera Eye in one show would be a dream come true. My favorite part of these concerts is to see what songs they bring back. It is kind of like a "Life List". From a couple years ago... "OK, I can now check off Entre Nous"....

I started going to Rush shows during the Hold Your Fire Tour (and have not missed a tour since), so I missed them playing all the cool songs on Grace, Windows, and Signals. Although I can't complain we did get Analog Kid, New World Man, Between the Wheels and Digital Man in the last 15 years. I am routing for any of these...Chemistry, Countdown (probably no chance of that), The Body Electric, Kid Gloves, Middletown Dreams, Grand Designs,... etc

Edited by graptemys

QUOTE (graptemys @ Apr 14 2010, 08:45 AM)
This is great. I am glad to see that Rush have listened to what the real fans want to hear. Now... as far as the rest of the songs. I have a feeling they will be playing a few more surprises. I believe the #2 song that real Rush fans want to hear is Jacob's Ladder. Let's see if they pull that one out of the vault. That is the only other song on Permanent Waves that they would probably play that they have not in the past. Different Strings has no chance. Jacob's Ladder and The Camera Eye in one show would be a dream come true. My favorite part of these concerts is to see what songs they bring back. It is kind of like a "Life List". From a couple years ago... "OK, I can now check off Entre Nous"....

I started going to Rush shows during the Hold Your Fire Tour (and have not missed a tour since), so I missed them playing all the cool songs on Grace, Windows, and Signals. Although I can't complain we did get Analog Kid, New World Man, Between the Wheels and Digital Man in the last 15 years. I am routing for any of these...Chemistry, Countdown (probably no chance of that), The Body Electric, Kid Gloves, Middletown Dreams, Grand Designs,... etc

jacobs ladder was on exit stage left.....a live album wink.gif

Ya,

but like "The Camera Eye", they played it out for one or two tours (1980-81) and that was it. None of us that got hooked on Rush in the years after the Exit Stage Left tour have seen this live. And of course, they cut it out of the Exit Stage Left video.

I wish they would just release all the songs from the live videos that they edited out (Exit Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure, A Show of Hands). We missed some awesome stuff. For example, Jacob's Ladder, Beneath Between Behind, Red lenses, Kid gloves, The Body Electric, Afterimage, Lock & Key, Time Stand Still, etc. I still feel ripped off. Why not show the whole concert?

Chris

Edited by graptemys

I was able to hear TCE on the Signals tour. However, at the time it really was no big deal.

Even tho it's my favorite off MP, it doesn't translate live as well as other songs. Don't get me wrong...I'm still looking forward to it, as well as Vital Signs.

They played most of it on the last tour anyway. Saw them play "Camera Eye" on the Moving Pictures tour, so not that excited, don't get me wrong, still awesome. I wonder if they are going to play Moving Pictures in order, or through out the show?

2.gif

QUOTE (hazlnut @ Apr 15 2010, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 02:38 PM)
So the question remains... will it be the entire song? Or an "abridged" version?

Please abridge.

Please abridge.

Or I'll be taking a 10 minute pee.

10 minutes is not THAT long... but if they do shorten it, I hope they keep the "London" part and the solo. I always liked the second half of the song better for some reason.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 15 2010, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ Apr 15 2010, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 02:38 PM)
So the question remains... will it be the entire song? Or an "abridged" version?

Please abridge.

Please abridge.

Or I'll be taking a 10 minute pee.

10 minutes is not THAT long... but if they do shorten it, I hope they keep the "London" part and the solo. I always liked the second half of the song better for some reason.

There's no way they'll shorten it. The whole point is to play MP in its entirety. That would just be awkward.

There will be No shortening of The Camera Eye . 1287.gif

QUOTE (graptemys @ Apr 14 2010, 03:10 PM)
I wish they would just release all the songs from the live videos that they edited out (Exit Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure, A Show of Hands). We missed some awesome stuff. For example, Jacob's Ladder, Beneath Between Behind, Red lenses, Kid gloves, The Body Electric, Afterimage, Lock & Key, Time Stand Still, etc. I still feel ripped off. Why not show the whole concert?

I'd really like to see the full video from the MP tour - wouldn't have A Passage to Bangkok or Jacob's Ladder on it though, those were done on the Permanent Waves tour which I don't think was filmed.

QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Apr 26 2010, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (graptemys @ Apr 14 2010, 03:10 PM)

I'd really like to see the full video from the MP tour - wouldn't have A Passage to Bangkok or Jacob's Ladder on it though, those were done on the Permanent Waves tour which I don't think was filmed.

Well, there are films from other tours out there. That Youtube teaser video from Buffalo 1980 is something that I wonder about...Is the whole concert in a can in a vault somewhere? Also, I recall seeing pics of a 1979 show in the Capitol Theater in NJ, with film cameras in view...someone was filming.

Well, there are films from other tours out there. That Youtube teaser video from Buffalo 1980 is something that I wonder about...Is the whole concert in a can in a vault somewhere? Also, I recall seeing pics of a 1979 show in the Capitol Theater in NJ, with film cameras in view...someone was filming.

There's really not a whole lot out there unfortunately. As far as the Buffalo footage I think the general consensus is (after my trying for years to learn about what footage might exist) that there was only a few minutes of that show filmed for a news show on the local (or regional or whatever) music scene. I wouldn't bet my life on it but that seems to be the conclusion of a lot of people who are into this sort of thing. I hope they're wrong.

Filming a concert is a major deal and until ESL Rush almost certainly didn't film anything themselves. With their touring schedule, the immense logistical effort required and the financial burden it would have been for them back then and with virtually no market for home video concerts back then the odds are almost zilch. The only hope for old footage is where they were filmed because other bands were being filmed (like the Passaic footage or the Pinkpop festival) or the couple of TV appearances, or something that the actual venue would have shot like the proshot shows from Auburn Hills and Mountain View. Auburn Hills has shot a lot of bands over the years as has the Houston Summit to name two. That kind of thing would be our only hope really.

Word has it the boys plan on opening with an MP30 Overture medley lasting approximately 11 minutes long, then diving straight into Roll The Bones and Test For Echo in their entireties. The enchore will be The Way The Wind Blows/Bravest Face/Jacob's Ladder teaser.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 8 2010, 09:46 AM)

As previously said, they heard their fans loud and clear and you all finally got your wish! I've seen it live before so I don't care one way or the other, but I'm glad for all of those who were desperate to hear it live.

Dude, i don't think i was born yet the last time they played The Camera Eye so it's gonna be great for me!

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Apr 27 2010, 12:27 AM)
Word has it the boys plan on opening with an MP30 Overture medley lasting approximately 11 minutes long, then diving straight into Roll The Bones and Test For Echo in their entireties. The enchore will be The Way The Wind Blows/Bravest Face/Jacob's Ladder teaser.

F that JL teaser....I will be pissed!!!!