• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Jimmy14 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 12:54 PM)
Isn't it more fun to see them outside in the summer?  I saw them at Polaris once and it was awesome, I wonder if that venue was already booked or something?

Polaris is no more. Closed

Wow that sucks, I hope you guys have another outdoor venue for occasional summer shows!  Nothing quite says summer like an outdoor rock concert.

trink39.gif

Germain Ampitheatre was a decent place for a concert but Rush is built for arena shows because of all their lighting/effects so I am estatic to see them at the Wide.  

When it was built Polaris was fine but since everthing has exploded around there it is much more beneficial to develop the land for residential/commercial purposes.  Also noise level statues were coming more and more into play with local residents and too much of a hassle for acts.

Current outdoor venue for concerts are Crew Stadium (Rock on the Range in May) and now Huntington Park (DMB is playing there this summer).

Sponsored Post

#22 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts
  • Location:Actual location changes many times per hour normally.
  • Interests:Milsurp rifles

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:50 AM

Does anyone know exactly WHICH seating configuration will be used for this show?  I see End Stage 360, End stage 270, End stage 180, Half House seating...good Lord.  Some ticket sites show one config, others show another.

#23 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 21 2010, 08:50 AM)
Does anyone know exactly WHICH seating configuration will be used for this show?  I see End Stage 360, End stage 270, End stage 180, Half House seating...good Lord.  Some ticket sites show one config, others show another.

I got tickets today and the configuration I saw is that the stage is just about 1/2 way down the floor (end stage 180) but not in the round so even my front row Section 206 seats are going to be awesome for $52/ticket.

#24 sgbam42

sgbam42

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

I'm going too. I live in cincinnati and I have school th next day. I'm not going to a hotel but at least I get to brag to my friends  tongue.gif

#25 tripdad

tripdad

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, camping, fishing. Spending time with my teenage triplets.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:56 AM

Well I gave up on Ticketmaster for this show.  Guess I will try for Pittsburgh on Monday.

Best seats they offered during my 45 minute try was sections 217, 216, 203, and 204.  For kicks I tried a premium package and it was section 114 Row B.  Over $300 for that?  Are you kidding me?

#26 Tigershark2112

Tigershark2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:59 AM

I just scored 4 Columbus tickets for section 110 row U for only $72 a piece! I'm ECSTATIC right now!

#27 nappy2112

nappy2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2508 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

I got sec. 106 row c yesterday .

#28 Nim2

Nim2

The Seeker

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:10 AM

I noticed that TM changed the seating arrangment on the ticket search screen.  

It has been a "half-house" until this morning, now it is an "end-stage" or full house set up that pops up on the ticket search screen.

ANyont know which it will be?  It will certainly affect ticket selctions as well as probably tick off some people who already have tics.

BTW, I have purchased 2 tics.  Singles and their locations with the different seating arrangments will determine which one I keep for myself and which one I sell.

Keep in mind I willlikely be selling one.

#29 GeddyLeefan2112

GeddyLeefan2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1342 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Geddy Lee, not being at work

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

Just letting you guys know in case you didn't know already that they changed the seating arrangement. Since the tickets were selling well, they pushed the stage back a row or whatever. You know how it used to be in line with sections 103 and 115? Well its now in line with the sections behind those. So yeah.... I have Section 105, row A tickets....pretty good but I thought they'd be closer, you know. It's just kind of sucks because I couldn't do a lot of the pre-sales due to class this year. And on rushisaband.com I read these stories of people scoring row 6 tickets off MusicToday but I just couldn't stick around to keep searching because I had class. Really sucks. 2007, I had row 6 Geddy side seats. You know, it'll still be fun, though. There's always next time right? (praying there will be a next time)

#30 jesse2112

jesse2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 880 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Acting, World War II, Reading, Hockey

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

Section 114 hows that view?

#31 GeddyLeefan2112

GeddyLeefan2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1342 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Geddy Lee, not being at work

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

Almost 2 months until the concert....can't wait to see some of you there!

#32 liddybuck01

liddybuck01

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Interests:music, tv, food, fun.

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

my husband and i are trying to make it to this show. we're not sure what money will be like at the time so we're waiting a few weeks before to get the tickets, also hoping some good onesd pop up on stub hub. good idea? we mightr want to stay over night also, cheap, decent hotel nearby? doesn't have to be super close either. holiday inn or something is good.

#33 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 27 2010, 12:31 PM)
my husband and i are trying to make it to this show. we're not sure what money will be like at the time so we're waiting a few weeks before to get the tickets, also hoping some good onesd pop up on stub hub. good idea? we mightr want to stay over night also, cheap, decent hotel nearby? doesn't have to be super close either. holiday inn or something is good.

I'm staying at the Drury Inn I think it is..only a block or two from the arena.

#34 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 27 2010, 12:31 PM)

Liddybuck:  Right next to the Drury Inn (I can see the top floors of it from my office window) is the Hyatt Regency Columbus that I worked at when I was in college.  This year marks its 30th Anniversary and every month until next April they are setting aside certain slow-dates and selling rooms at a rate of only $30.  You can friend Hyatt Regency Columbus on FB and get notification of when the dates are for August (should be announced right at the end of July).  If you are lucky they may announce that 8-29-10 is a $30 rate day.

Everyone else:  Any thoughts on where all of us Columbus TRF attendees are wanting to meet up prior to the show.  I am taking my 11 year old daughter to her first ever concert (so excited) so anyplace that is 21 just to get in won't work for us.

#35 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Wife and I and friends will be attending.  Not sure where the tailgate or hangout will be, but I'll post it when I know.

#36 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

Crap...missed the $30 rate.  Looks like they do it a few days every month no matter what day you book for?  Hard to tell.  Will check it in July.

#37 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 29 2010, 01:56 PM)
Crap...missed the $30 rate.  Looks like they do it a few days every month no matter what day you book for?  Hard to tell.  Will check it in July.

The July dates are posted on the Hyatt Regency Columbus Facebook page.  August will be posted right at the end of July.

#38 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

TT, I was at Nationwide last year for the Police show and went to Bucca DiBeppo but was wondering if you have some suggestions for a hangout or tailgate area since you live and work there?

#39 Relaxed_Jack

Relaxed_Jack

The Seeker

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:Ohio State Buckeyes - Dodgers - Golf - Beer - Football

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jul 3 2010, 02:54 PM)
TT, I was at Nationwide last year for the Police show and went to Bucca DiBeppo but was wondering if you have some suggestions for a hangout or tailgate area since you live and work there?

Frog, Bear and Wild Boar is one place to go (just outside of the Arena doors..right above Bucca)

Or two buildings north of the Arena is the 'R' Bar.

See you all there....

#40 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Jul 5 2010, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jul 3 2010, 02:54 PM)

Frog, Bear and Wild Boar is one place to go (just outside of the Arena doors..right above Bucca)

Or two buildings north of the Arena is the 'R' Bar.

See you all there....

I remember that place now that you mentioned it.  Sounds like a good place to me.  I'm sure there will be tons of fans there as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users