08/29/10 - Columbus, OH

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hyatt Regency (I worked there for 6 years when I was in college) is across the street from the Crowne Plaza. There is a Red Roof about 1 block east of the Crowne Plaza. There is also a Hampton 1 block north on High St. Plenty of options.

My office is a 4 minute walk from the arena. It's an awesome place for a concert/pre-concert party with the arena district. If you want to know anything else about the Columbus area just let me know.

Can't contain my excitement for the Aug. 29 show at The Wide. Making plans for my 11 year old daughter to go to her first concert as it was mine back in 1982 on the Signals tour.

QUOTE (Transylvania Twist @ Apr 8 2010, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 8 2010, 09:29 AM)
Hotel booked

Did you book the Crowne Plaza??

If you need ideas for other stuff around the area, just let me know.

No, I did the Drury...it was cheapest overall

QUOTE (_pete_ @ Apr 8 2010, 02:50 PM)
I only live an hour away so I'll be sleeping at home.

Never been to this venue though. Is it nice?

It's an excellent arena with a plethora of dining/drinking/hanging out options around it known as the Arena District. Really cool.

Just west of the arena is the where the Indians AAA team plays and they have a weekend series at home that weekend if you are a baseball fan. It was voted best new ballpark last year beating out both NY stadiums.

Great arena for hockey. I work at OSU and have been to many Jackets games. Never seen a show there and am glad Rush will be my first show at Nationwide. I too am debating taking my 11 year old son to his first concert.

Does the Nationwide Arena have a glass or skylight ceiling? Or can they kill the lights and the place gets totally dark?

For me, indoor arena shows where they can totally drop the lights ABSOLUTELY KILLS any outdoor show, period. I love it when the house lights drop, because I know the guys are getting up onstage and will be there when the stage lights come on. At outdoor shows, you frigging watch them walk out onto the stage. There's no element of surprise in that.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 12:54 PM)
Isn't it more fun to see them outside in the summer? I saw them at Polaris once and it was awesome, I wonder if that venue was already booked or something?

Polaris is no more. Closed

QUOTE (Jimmy14 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:08 PM)
Great arena for hockey. I work at OSU and have been to many Jackets games. Never seen a show there and am glad Rush will be my first show at Nationwide. I too am debating taking my 11 year old son to his first concert.

Yes, saw a BJ game a couple years ago. Nice place. Would love to see RUSH there in Aug. Will see about making that happen http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink38.gif http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gif And Go Buckeyes! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

QUOTE (Jimmy14 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:26 PM)
Isn't it more fun to see them outside in the summer?  I saw them at Polaris once and it was awesome, I wonder if that venue was already booked or something?

Wow that sucks, I hope you guys have another outdoor venue for occasional summer shows! Nothing quite says summer like an outdoor rock concert.

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Jimmy14 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:26 PM)
Isn't it more fun to see them outside in the summer?  I saw them at Polaris once and it was awesome, I wonder if that venue was already booked or something?

Wow that sucks, I hope you guys have another outdoor venue for occasional summer shows! Nothing quite says summer like an outdoor rock concert.

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

Germain Ampitheatre was a decent place for a concert but Rush is built for arena shows because of all their lighting/effects so I am estatic to see them at the Wide.

When it was built Polaris was fine but since everthing has exploded around there it is much more beneficial to develop the land for residential/commercial purposes. Also noise level statues were coming more and more into play with local residents and too much of a hassle for acts.

Current outdoor venue for concerts are Crew Stadium (Rock on the Range in May) and now Huntington Park (DMB is playing there this summer).

Does anyone know exactly WHICH seating configuration will be used for this show? I see End Stage 360, End stage 270, End stage 180, Half House seating...good Lord. Some ticket sites show one config, others show another.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 21 2010, 08:50 AM)
Does anyone know exactly WHICH seating configuration will be used for this show? I see End Stage 360, End stage 270, End stage 180, Half House seating...good Lord. Some ticket sites show one config, others show another.

I got tickets today and the configuration I saw is that the stage is just about 1/2 way down the floor (end stage 180) but not in the round so even my front row Section 206 seats are going to be awesome for $52/ticket.

I'm going too. I live in cincinnati and I have school th next day. I'm not going to a hotel but at least I get to brag to my friends http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Well I gave up on Ticketmaster for this show. Guess I will try for Pittsburgh on Monday.

Best seats they offered during my 45 minute try was sections 217, 216, 203, and 204. For kicks I tried a premium package and it was section 114 Row B. Over $300 for that? Are you kidding me?

Archived