Announcement about *TOUR SPOILERS*

Pags

Lots of exciting rumours are finally being confirmed this week. With this may come the knowledge of things that not everyone wants to know, such as setlist spoilers.

In the past, we've asked that anytime you start a thread that contains setlist information, or really 'any' confirmed information that may be welcomed news to some, but unwelcomed to others - please put the words *SPOILERS* in the thread title, and state it once again at the beginning of your post. This gives those who don't want to know the chance to avoid these things before it gets ruined for them.

Further, if you post in a thread not already focused on spoiler information, kindly refrain from posting spoilers in that thread. Keep it to just threads which are specifically created to contain spoiler information.

Thanks for your cooperation. trink39.gif

Understood....however, I have no idea why anyone would NOT want to know when, if and where they are coming. Just boggles my mind.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 8 2010, 08:29 AM)
Understood....however, I have no idea why anyone would NOT want to know when, if and where they are coming. Just boggles my mind.

Some people just don't want to know. And it is surprisingly easy to slip up and give information away by accident - e.g., "Neil dropped stick during (insert name of song here) last night" .

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 07:31 AM)
Understood....however, I have no idea why anyone would NOT want to know when, if and where they are coming.  Just boggles my mind.

Some people just don't want to know. And it is surprisingly easy to slip up and give information away by accident - e.g., "Neil dropped stick during (insert name of song here) last night" .

He means for tour dates, and I agree.

Anythign official from Rush, tour dates, tour name, MOVING PICTURES IN IT"S ENTIRETY! Those aren't spoilers they are official announcements.

Im not sure of the protocol here, because I wasn't around during the last tour, but are there usually threads for each show, or one tour discussion thread, where we can make the "Neil dropped a stick during....", "Alex's guitar broke during...." sort of posts.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:34 AM)
Understood....however, I have no idea why anyone would NOT want to know when, if and where they are coming.  Just boggles my mind.

Anythign official from Rush, tour dates, tour name, MOVING PICTURES IN IT"S ENTIRETY! Those aren't spoilers they are official announcements.

I believe Jack referred to that official announcement as a spoiler, but I agree with you. No one on the planet will go to a show not knowing they are going to play Moving Pictures. Its on the website so its not a a spoiler.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 07:34 AM)

Yeah, really...I mean it's like "I gotta go to work this week, but I don't want to know on what days". laugh.gif

I should have left the topic locked.

You know.. as if people don't let spoilers slip each and every time we go through this. eyesre4.gif

You're right guys. You run the place, okay?

Sorry if agreeing with G Eater was wrong but I thought everyone logged on to Rush.com this morning before they even took a piss so I just thought that info will not possibly be a spoiler. I do happen to know a couple gems coming out of the vault that I would never mention in a thread like this. Sorry if I pissed you off on the joyous day. atickhum.gif

Is whats in my signature considered a spoiler? If it is I will remove it.

I'm not sure I understand...how can anything announced on RUSH.COM be considered a spoiler? It's an official announcement.

Setlists, Alex's antics, opening montages...these are considered spoilers no?

let me know if you would? dont want to cross a line

However - if you don't want to know what's on tap for the setlist etc., what the hell are you doing on an OCD fanboi messageboard about that very band?

Case in point: I felt like going 'retro' in 2007, so I didn't want to know the setlist for the 1st leg of the S&A tour.

Guess what?

I stayed away from Rush messageboards until the show.

Fans are excited and want to talk about what's going on - if you don't want to have your experience ruined, stay away.

It's an incredibly simple and effective technique.

Seems that it wouldn't be spoiler material if it's glaringly obvious on the official pages. There really won't be any spoilers until the first night of the show, when setlists, for instance, would be a good example of spoilage.

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 8 2010, 09:49 AM)
...and I really like to know the dates... rofl3.gif

pfthfhthft! angry.gif

talk about taking all the fun out of it

think of the thrill you're missing!

I spend all Summer showing up to venues on the day of show and hoping Rush is playing that night... and on those rare occasions when they are?

so 1022.gif !!!!

[you should def. try it]

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 8 2010, 08:48 AM)
Sorry if agreeing with G Eater was wrong but I thought everyone logged on to Rush.com this morning before they even took a piss so I just thought that info will not possibly be a spoiler. I do happen to know a couple gems coming out of the vault that I would never mention in a thread like this. Sorry if I pissed you off on the joyous day. atickhum.gif

Yeah Pags we're just excitedly shooting the shit, my comment was in no way meant to disrespect you or Jack for the awesome job you guys do.

This Bud's for you guys!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 8 2010, 07:49 AM)
I like to see a set list before hand.... biggrin.gif
and I really like to know the dates... rofl3.gif

+1. There is always someone who will text in real time from the first show letting you know the set list. Now that is a SPOILER!

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 8 2010, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 8 2010, 07:49 AM)
I like to see a set list before hand....  biggrin.gif
and I really like to know the dates...  rofl3.gif

+1. There is always someone who will text in real time from the first show letting you know the set list. Now that is a SPOILER!

I guess I have to that then as I am going to the Kick Off!!! trink38.gif common001.gif

I didn't want to know the setlist last time around, or so I thought. About 2 weeks before the show I finally caved and looked it up. It made no difference to my enjoyment of the show.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 10:58 AM)
I didn't want to know the setlist last time around, or so I thought. About 2 weeks before the show I finally caved and looked it up. It made no difference to my enjoyment of the show.

yeah, my curiosity gets the better of me and I end up looking beforehand.

I remember seeing Rush open the Vapor Trails tour in Hartford, CT, so at that stage it was only rumors. I remember seeing folks text message the setlist as the songs were being played. I thought that was stupid.

I did not look at any setlists for the last tour. I was blown away after the first four songs. (ask Sundog about the look on my face) I looked at her and said I'm happy, I could leave the show right now and be completely satisfied. It wouldn't have had the same impact if I had known what song 2-3-4 were going to be.

I made this thread before spoliers really became an issue. A sort of "getting in front of" thing. I really don't consider anything on Rush.com and official announcements to be spoilers. But when you have 4 minutes over morning coffee to either do something, or not do anything, I chose to make this thread.

LOTS of new members here, who have no experience from how things were done on TRF from the other tours - so let's start by putting the word out now about how spoilers work. That's all.

I can't speak for Jack, but I can say for myself.... I never go to RIAB or Rush.com. Ever. I only come here. I wouldn't know what's an official announcement or not. So in the case of MP... sure it's an official announcement. But I can assure you that I would have been surprised at the show if not for reading about here. So I guess that's a spoiler, isn't it. laugh.gif

To me... nothing beats not know what song is coming next, until you hear that first chord, or the opening drum intro. There is no 2-second-long adrenaline surge quite like recognizing the song you're hearing live, and for a moment going ape shit about it. So I never like to know a setlist beforehand. Never.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 8 2010, 09:04 AM)
However - if you don't want to know what's on tap for the setlist etc., what the hell are you doing on an OCD fanboi messageboard about that very band?

Case in point: I felt like going 'retro' in 2007, so I didn't want to know the setlist for the 1st leg of the S&A tour.

Guess what?

I stayed away from Rush messageboards until the show.

Fans are excited and want to talk about what's going on - if you don't want to have your experience ruined, stay away.

It's an incredibly simple and effective technique.

Easy for you, when you're not a moderator of a messageboard. For a guy like me... guess what? I have to be here regardless. That's not a complaint - furthest thing from it. But nonetheless it makes being on here very difficult for someone who doesn't like to know what the setlist is.

And btw - just to reiterate. I created the thread to get in front of the setlist spoiler issue. No better time like the present. Guess what... the method we put in place works. And everytime we go through it, it's met with the same sarcastic responses and pushback from people who don't want to hear it. I've got no problem in giving the sarcasm right back.

This is how we've done it in the past on TRF. It works best for everyone. Live with it.

Thanks. trink39.gif