Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to wait to see the whole setlist. if they are going to do a tour with mp as the draw + greatest hits thrown in, i will have to think twice about going and possibly wait for the next go around. i want to see a major shakeup with more than a handful of tunes they haven't played in a while and haven't done before. i've seen the greatest hits tour already with r30. i want something different for my money. Edited by ReflectedLight

Man oh man!!! You can just never make some people happy. This is monumental, rapturous, self-affirming news!!! Bask in it. MP IN ITS ENTIRETY!!! I almost wept! No joke! And for the doubters and whiners MP is like 35 minutes long! They play over 2 and half hours! Stop complaining!

This is an incredible dream come true! I'm at a loss for words! wacko.gif

I love you guys!

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 8 2010, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Apr 8 2010, 07:58 AM)
No Michigan stop.  sad.gif  And we've always been so good to them here. (To add insult to injury, I'm listening right this moment to a commercial that Huey Lewis & The News are coming to Pine Knob this summer. WTF!)

Oh well...maybe I'll be able to make it to Mohegan Sun. Or convince the hubby that he really wants to spend his birthday weekend in Toronto.

What about Sarnia, that's pretty close.

Now how did I miss seeing that?? Thank you! Sarnia is definitely closer for me.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The hubs said he wouldn't mind spending his b-day in Toronto even if it meant "having" to go to a Rush concert. (He's not a fan but bless his heart he'll go for me.) Dare I dream to see them twice in one month??

Edited by TheBlonde

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 8 2010, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:25 AM)
QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 8 2010, 05:22 AM)
They pulled out a few big surprises on the last couple of tours so what could they play that would really surprise us?

Jacob's Ladder? More stuff from PoW or HYF? This is a total longshot but all 18 minutes of Hemispheres? I guess Fear is out of the question since Witch Hunt will be played as part of MP. But there is definitely stuff they could do that could surprise people.

I'm hoping for more really old stuff like:

What You're Doing

Lakeside Park

Anthem

Beneath, Between & Behind

Try hoping for something Geddy can still sing wink.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 8 2010, 09:20 AM)

Does anybody know how many hours the drive from Denver to Albuquerque is?

Road trip(s)! Now I need to find a roomie! 653.gif 1022.gif

About 6 and a half hours, according to Mapquest.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 8 2010, 08:20 AM)

Road trip(s)!  Now I need to find a roomie!  653.gif  1022.gif

Right down I-25 for like 7 hrs may be a bit less, it is 455 miles.. I'll be in ABQ..

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:28 AM)
2 dates in Toronto!!!!! ohmy.gif 1022.gif

ACC or Molson Amphitheatre or both???

Decisions, decisions!!!

Obviously BOTH!!! yes.gif

I definitely plan to be at both of them. It pays to live really close to the boys' hometown! I love it! 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 09:41 AM)
2 dates in Toronto!!!!!  ohmy.gif  1022.gif

Decisions, decisions!!!

I definitely plan to be at both of them. It pays to live really close to the boys' hometown! I love it! 1022.gif

I was planning on going to both, but I'm worried it might be too pricey. How much are Rush tickets on average? 60 bucks?

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 8 2010, 07:34 AM)

Right down I-25 for like 7 hrs may be a bit less, it is 455 miles.. I'll be in ABQ..

Thanks! The drive's not bad at all. So wish they would do a 2nd date at Red Rocks, the peeps on the coasts are lucky because there are so many venues they can get too easily.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 8 2010, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 09:46 PM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

MP in its entirety is weak?! Huh?! What?!! I mean,...what?!!! confused13.gif

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make not as much dough? tongue.gif

MP has always been well represented in the set lists since its release.

I guess I am getting old but when I heard "time machine" I was hoping for some really old tunes.

Don't assume that Time Machine means Moving Pictures. I think many will be shocked by the predominance of "classics" this tour. I'd bet we also get Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, La Villa, etc.

No assumptions being made about MP - it's announced on Rush.com!

I meant don't assume Time Machine only refers to Moving Pictures.

It wouldn't be that great of a time machine if it only traveled to one particular year!

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 8 2010, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 8 2010, 07:34 AM)

Thanks! The drive's not bad at all. So wish they would do a 2nd date at Red Rocks, the peeps on the coasts are lucky because there are so many venues they can get too easily.

I'm in for Red Rocks too, Live in Durango so ABQ and Den are close..

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:43 AM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make not as much dough? tongue.gif

I guess I am getting old but when I heard "time machine" I was hoping for some really old tunes.

Don't assume that Time Machine means Moving Pictures. I think many will be shocked by the predominance of "classics" this tour. I'd bet we also get Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, La Villa, etc.

It wouldn't be that great of a time machine if it only traveled to one particular year!

ohmy.gif

PRECISELY. With the title of the tour being Time Machine, theres no way it only refers to MP. Further, with the exception of one, maybe 2 songs, MP is largely made up of huge hits, not old gems. There are going to be some sweet surprises for sure.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:43 AM)

ohmy.gif

PRECISELY. With the title of the tour being Time Machine, theres no way it only refers to MP. Further, with the exception of one, maybe 2 songs, MP is largely made up of huge hits, not old gems. There are going to be some sweet surprises for sure.

Agree >> There are going to be some sweet surprises for sure.

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Apr 8 2010, 10:57 AM)
Never mind.

I'm out for this leg.

Not much of a choice to be made. sad.gif

ohmy.gif Was the decision made for you - i.e., a conflict with something immoveable? Or no dates within reasonable travel distance? That sucks if it's the case.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:42 AM)

Decisions, decisions!!!

I was planning on going to both, but I'm worried it might be too pricey. How much are Rush tickets on average? 60 bucks?

It depends where you wanna sit... $65 plus tax is standard then it can go up to over $100.. plus more if you go with a broker.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:42 AM)

Decisions, decisions!!!

I guess it depends on where you sit...

For example, when I went to the Molson Amptheatre show back in July 2008, we ended up deciding to go last minute and got LAWN seats, and I only paid around $30.00.

You could always go that route...lawn seats for one show, and then maybe better seats at the ACC.