Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:11 AM)
This tour is going to be incredible. MP in its entirety makes total sense, because that's what a lot of bands these days are doing, they already play all of side 1 every tour anyway, Witch Hunt sounded great in 07 and 08, and Vital Signs is always good live...plus the fans have been wanting TCE forever so that will be a huge selling point for diehards.

The only question mark for me is that they have said many times in recent years that they always rehearse TCE and don't enjoy playing it live. Maybe they've had a change of opinion, but I don't know.

Good points. MP does makes a ton of sense, not only because of its popularity, but because it satisfies the casual fans with the hits and the die hards with TCE and Vital Signs.

And remember all, there's only 7 songs on MP. There will be a ton of setlist space for other classics like Jacob, which Im completely convinced we'll be getting as well.

Edited by greg2112

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Apr 8 2010, 08:16 AM)
Psyched about the tour in general, but not real psyched about the "MP in it's entirety" announcement.  In my opinion with the exception of TCE we have heard all of these songs almost EVERY tour.  I would rather have heard PeW or AFK.  I guess I shouldn't complain.  On Sept 16th I will be in the new Consol Energy Center!!!!  I was hoping that they would beat Lady Ga Ga to open the place, but no dice.

Well they skipped over Vital Signs on the Snakes tour so I wouldn't mind hearing that. Witch Hunt is always amazing live. And would they really not play Tom Sawyer, YYZ, or Limelight anyway? All those songs are so great to hear live, no matter how many times...so throw the Camera Eye in there and it's one big RUSHGASM! 1022.gif

Oh, and I CANNOT believe people are complaining about this...f**k's sake, guys, they're touring, they're writing new material, and they're playing rare songs. BE HAPPY ALREADY! 653.gif

Some people are never happy. They were born to bitch about something. We are getting a tour and a new album out of them, but that is not good enough for some people. These people can stay home and watch American Idol. wacko.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 8 2010, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Apr 8 2010, 08:16 AM)
Psyched about the tour in general, but not real psyched about the "MP in it's entirety" announcement.  In my opinion with the exception of TCE we have heard all of these songs almost EVERY tour.  I would rather have heard PeW or AFK.  I guess I shouldn't complain.  On Sept 16th I will be in the new Consol Energy Center!!!!  I was hoping that they would beat Lady Ga Ga to open the place, but no dice.

Well they skipped over Vital Signs on the Snakes tour so I wouldn't mind hearing that. Witch Hunt is always amazing live. And would they really not play Tom Sawyer, YYZ, or Limelight anyway? All those songs are so great to hear live, no matter how many times...so throw the Camera Eye in there and it's one big RUSHGASM! 1022.gif

Oh, and I CANNOT believe people are complaining about this...f**k's sake, guys, they're touring, they're writing new material, and they're playing rare songs. BE HAPPY ALREADY! 653.gif

Some people are never happy. They were born to bitch about something. We are getting a tour and a new album out of them, but that is not good enough for some people. These people can stay home and watch American Idol. wacko.gif

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

TOTALLY FREAKING OUT! YAY!! I'm so excited! I damn near cried on the way to work...threw DIFFERENT STAGES on and was rockin out all the way here. 1022.gif

All of MP...works for me! Never saw TCE live...missed it by thatmuch. That will be a treat...after 27 years and 22 shows (or more) there's little I havent seen.

ok..so 2 definite shows...Jones Beach and PNC...possible Mohegan.

653.gif

THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 8 2010, 05:22 AM)
They pulled out a few big surprises on the last couple of tours so what could they play that would really surprise us?

Jacob's Ladder? More stuff from PoW or HYF? This is a total longshot but all 18 minutes of Hemispheres? I guess Fear is out of the question since Witch Hunt will be played as part of MP. But there is definitely stuff they could do that could surprise people.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 07:45 AM)
^^^^^^

They last played Chemistry on the New World Tour, 1982.  Maybe its time to bring it back?  We can only hope...

yes.gif

+ 2

Chemistry NEEDS to make a return to the live stage. I would love to hear it in concert! 1022.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 8 2010, 07:49 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 12:46 PM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

It's a smart marketing move though.....designed to make people overlook the fact that they don't actually have a new album to tour with.

In any case, lets be honest...that's what folk want to hear, noy eight or nine S&A songs.

However, as they are ignoring the UK, I really couldn't care less what they play.

smart financial move indeed as I suggested with the easy cash in remark.

It goes beyond ticket sales too as I am guess the DVD of this tour will sell better than the last few DVD's.

it's definitely a cash grab. mp in it's entirety attracts the casual fan who only owns MP and only listens to mp. anything to put the fans in the seats i guess.

I think the question is, will they be playing MP all in order, or just splitting up the tracks throughout the show?!

I think it would be cool for them to do it all in one shot...like the album.

Either finish the first set with it...or open up the second half with it. Either way, that would be f'n sweet! yes.gif

Minnesota State Fair - I've never seen them outdoors, interesting venue for them. Should be a fricken blast..!!!

All the trink38.gif trink39.gif and food on a stick, all afternoon before the show...should sell out very quickly.

653.gif common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 8 2010, 05:59 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 8 2010, 05:49 AM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

It's a smart marketing move though.....designed to make people overlook the fact that they don't actually have a new album to tour with.

goodpost.gif

Even though my fave album by them is Signals, MP I think would be the coolest album of theirs to hear live in its entirety outside of Hemispheres.

Ironically, the one song off that album I have no interest in hearing is TCE. Partly that's because I saw them do it in the early 80's, but mostly because I think it's the one weak spot on MP. It goes on a bit too long and I was never too crazy about the "focus is sharp in the city" angle. That said, it's still a great song, but the rest of MP is SO incredible that the song pales a little in comparison.

yeah? i think you just volunteered to be "beer boy" during TCE tongue.gif

trink39.gif

oh,,,and uh...SIDE TWO!!!!!!! 653.gif 1022.gif 2.gif common001.gif 1287.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:25 AM)
QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 8 2010, 05:22 AM)
They pulled out a few big surprises on the last couple of tours so what could they play that would really surprise us?

Jacob's Ladder? More stuff from PoW or HYF? This is a total longshot but all 18 minutes of Hemispheres? I guess Fear is out of the question since Witch Hunt will be played as part of MP. But there is definitely stuff they could do that could surprise people.

I'm hoping for more really old stuff like:

What You're Doing

Lakeside Park

Anthem

Beneath, Between & Behind

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 8 2010, 08:29 AM)

goodpost.gif

Even though my fave album by them is Signals, MP I think would be the coolest album of theirs to hear live in its entirety outside of Hemispheres.

Ironically, the one song off that album I have no interest in hearing is TCE. Partly that's because I saw them do it in the early 80's, but mostly because I think it's the one weak spot on MP. It goes on a bit too long and I was never too crazy about the "focus is sharp in the city" angle. That said, it's still a great song, but the rest of MP is SO incredible that the song pales a little in comparison.

trink39.gif

oh,,,and uh...SIDE TWO!!!!!!! 653.gif 1022.gif 2.gif common001.gif 1287.gif trink38.gif

hey what's up with skipping phoenix? cool.gif

Hello again, guys! wink.gif But what a great surprise to see that MP is gonna get played in it's entierety at the Summer Festival of my hometown which would happen to be...Quebec! tongue.gif Me and my girlfriend are such Rush nuts and we'll totally go 3 hours in advance to get the best places since it's outdoor!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 8 2010, 08:59 AM)

goodpost.gif

Well obviously you have not seen many shows in recent years.(I know you haven't so...) I have seen Tom Sawyer, YYZ, and Limelight a gazillion times, and recently I have had my share of Witch Hunt. I love Red Barchetta but have seen that plenty as well. That leaves Vital Signs which has been played in recent years, and The Camera Eye, which is the only one that truly excites me because I have not heard it live since the Moving Pictures tour.

Now all that being said, Moving Pictures in its entirety is a dream come true for the casual fan, or one that has only seen Rush once or twice. I guess having seen the band over 30 times, its hard for me to remain objective but I totally understand the move.

Edited by tick

At first I was like, they are only doing MP? Then I realized its only 7 songs and they normally do a 3 hour show (didnt have my morning caffeine yet). So I am sure they will do all of MP in order one after another, then do alot of other oldies (and maybe some new stuff!).

I think that the people that are getting po'd about MP in its entirety and the "marketing move" should chill out. They would play alot of MP no matter what tour anyway, at least they are touring (and writing!).

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:11 AM)
The only que$tion mark for me i$ that they have $aid many time$ in recent year$ that they alway$ rehear$e TCE and don't enjoy playing it live. Maybe they've had a change of opinion, but I don't know.

^ $$ fixed $$

QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:28 AM)
Minnesota State Fair - I've never seen them outdoors, interesting venue for them. Should be a fricken blast..!!!

All the trink38.gif trink39.gif and food on a stick, all afternoon before the show...should sell out very quickly.

653.gif common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif
2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Now this is going to be interesting. Maybe I will wait to have my surgery in July so I know I will have the time off. The price isn't that bad either. $70 653.gif

QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Apr 8 2010, 08:44 AM)
At first I was like, they are only doing MP? Then I realized its only 7 songs and they normally do a 3 hour show (didnt have my morning caffeine yet). So I am sure they will do all of MP in order one after another, then do alot of other oldies (and maybe some new stuff!).

I think that the people that are getting po'd about MP in its entirety and the "marketing move" should chill out. They would play alot of MP no matter what tour anyway, at least they are touring (and writing!).

If there is one thing we have learned from the TRF is that most Rush fans usually have something to complain about!

Personally, I am pumped! yes.gif

New tour, TWO Toronto dates, MP in its entirety, new songs debuting, a new album in the works, and an even bigger tour next year!

Wait...I think I can see where people would be dissappointed. sarcasm.gif

Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2010, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 8 2010, 08:29 AM)

goodpost.gif

trink39.gif

hey what's up with skipping phoenix? cool.gif

confused13.gif i dunno. sad.gif maybe Rush doesn't LUV me. fists crying.gif

i guess i'll just have to miss this tour. b_sigh.gif

laugh.gif yeah right. laugh.gif

[AnimalHouse] ROAD TRIP!!! [/AnimalHouse]

So no ticketprices for the summerfest show yet. Not even listed on Ticketmaster or the Summerfest page. What are ticket prices for the other shows?

Looking forward to bringing my son to his 1st RUSH Show! We also have a family trip planned to colorado the same time a certain band is playing in Denver. I'm thinking a trip to Red Rocks will be in order!

For any of you who can swing it, I would highly recommend going to the Milwaukee show and spend the entire day at Summerfest. You won't find a better music festival in the country. Great setting, great music, great food and drink. A perfect way to spend a summer day!

I have mixed feelings on this.

TCE is one of my favorites by the band...

...but I've seen a couple of very good Rush tribute bands tackle TCE, and it didn't come off as wonderful as I had hoped live.

They've played rest of MP over the last few tours, so yeah, that's somewhat of a marketing game to bill this as anything new.

But, MP is a killer album, and many of the songs are great live.

As has been said, there is plenty of room for other songs from the vault left in the set list, but if their recent set list history is any indication, true rarities won't dominate the set list (last tour we had, what, 4 real vault songs? And that is a high number for recent live Rush).

My prediction: TCE plus 2 other songs never played live/not played live in a long time. Everything else will have been played on the last 4 or 5 tours (notice that this bleak prediction covers all of MP minus TCE).

Here's to me being wrong!!!