Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 07:48 AM)
For all the people that are now bitching that they Don't want to see TCE, i bet 75% of you have Never seen it live. Don't bitch until you do. It will get a Huge reaction

i want to see and hear it so that 75% doesn't mean a thing to me. laugh.gif

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 09:46 PM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

MP in its entirety is weak?! Huh?! What?!! I mean,...what?!!! confused13.gif

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make as much dough? tongue.gif

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 12:48 PM)
For all the people that are now bitching that they Don't want to see TCE, i bet 75% of you have Never seen it live. Don't bitch until you do. It will get a Huge reaction

yes.gif

I was lucky enough to see them play it back in the day.....quite frankly I think it's pathetic they have ignored fans wishes for so long...

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2010, 07:50 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 07:48 AM)

i want to see and hear it so that 75% doesn't mean a thing to me. laugh.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 8 2010, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 12:48 PM)

yes.gif

I was lucky enough to see them play it back in the day.....quite frankly I think it's pathetic they have ignored fans wishes for so long...

better late than never. cool.gif

it may not be the best song ever created but some of us have lost a few hairs and gone grey over this. laugh.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 08:48 AM)

I agree. It'll be worth it just to see the crowd go berserk.

Me, I am particularly psyched about Vital Signs live.

1022.gif

Awesome! MP in it's entirety AND several shows within a short plane ride...coolness! Now the only question I have is what color scheme the drums will have.

Well, really the only question is the setlist; I wonder just how far back this time machine goes...AFTK, Bastille Day, Chemistry (thank you Mara), Jacobs Ladder...this'll be fun.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 8 2010, 07:51 AM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make not as much dough? tongue.gif

MP has always been well represented in the set lists since its release.

I guess I am getting old but when I heard "time machine" I was hoping for some really old tunes.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 8 2010, 05:49 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 12:46 PM)

It's a smart marketing move though.....designed to make people overlook the fact that they don't actually have a new album to tour with.

goodpost.gif

Even though my fave album by them is Signals, MP I think would be the coolest album of theirs to hear live in its entirety outside of Hemispheres.

Ironically, the one song off that album I have no interest in hearing is TCE. Partly that's because I saw them do it in the early 80's, but mostly because I think it's the one weak spot on MP. It goes on a bit too long and I was never too crazy about the "focus is sharp in the city" angle. That said, it's still a great song, but the rest of MP is SO incredible that the song pales a little in comparison.

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 07:56 AM)
I guess I am getting old but when I heard "time machine" I was hoping for some really old tunes.

Well you Are getting old wink.gif but i think we will hear some cool stuff on this tour

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make not as much dough? tongue.gif

dude don't put all your eggs in one basket. there's still the rest of the setlist to think about possible time machine tunes. plenty of room for new, semi new, 80's, and old.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 07:45 AM)
^^^^^^

They last played Chemistry on the New World Tour, 1982. Maybe its time to bring it back? We can only hope...

yes.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 8 2010, 07:49 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 12:46 PM)

It's a smart marketing move though.....designed to make people overlook the fact that they don't actually have a new album to tour with.

In any case, lets be honest...that's what folk want to hear, noy eight or nine S&A songs.

However, as they are ignoring the UK, I really couldn't care less what they play.

smart financial move indeed as I suggested with the easy cash in remark.

It goes beyond ticket sales too as I am guess the DVD of this tour will sell better than the last few DVD's.

QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Apr 8 2010, 07:58 AM)
No Michigan stop. sad.gif And we've always been so good to them here. (To add insult to injury, I'm listening right this moment to a commercial that Huey Lewis & The News are coming to Pine Knob this summer. WTF!)

Oh well...maybe I'll be able to make it to Mohegan Sun. Or convince the hubby that he really wants to spend his birthday weekend in Toronto.

What about Sarnia, that's pretty close.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 09:02 AM)
^^^^^^

They last played Chemistry on the New World Tour, 1982.  Maybe its time to bring it back?  We can only hope...

yes.gif

God, I am getting old. That was my first Rush tour (1982), and I don't even remember much off of the setlist.

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 08:03 AM)
It goes beyond ticket sales too as I am guess the DVD of this tour will sell better than the last few DVD's.

You can bet on it

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 08:00 AM)

Well you Are getting old wink.gif but i think we will hear some cool stuff on this tour

tongue.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Apr 8 2010, 08:16 AM)
Psyched about the tour in general, but not real psyched about the "MP in it's entirety" announcement. In my opinion with the exception of TCE we have heard all of these songs almost EVERY tour. I would rather have heard PeW or AFK. I guess I shouldn't complain. On Sept 16th I will be in the new Consol Energy Center!!!! I was hoping that they would beat Lady Ga Ga to open the place, but no dice.

Well they skipped over Vital Signs on the Snakes tour so I wouldn't mind hearing that. Witch Hunt is always amazing live. And would they really not play Tom Sawyer, YYZ, or Limelight anyway? All those songs are so great to hear live, no matter how many times...so throw the Camera Eye in there and it's one big RUSHGASM! 1022.gif

Oh, and I CANNOT believe people are complaining about this...f**k's sake, guys, they're touring, they're writing new material, and they're playing rare songs. BE HAPPY ALREADY! 653.gif

Don't assume that Time Machine means Moving Pictures. I think many will be shocked by the predominance of "classics" this tour. I'd bet we also get Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, La Villa, etc.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 09:02 AM)
^^^^^^

They last played Chemistry on the New World Tour, 1982.  Maybe its time to bring it back?  We can only hope...

yes.gif

God, I am getting old. That was my first Rush tour (1982), and I don't even remember much off of the setlist.

My first tour as well.... we are getting old! laugh.gif

And....this will be the first time since that tour we'll be getting Camera Eye - nice!

This tour is going to be incredible. MP in its entirety makes total sense, because that's what a lot of bands these days are doing, they already play all of side 1 every tour anyway, Witch Hunt sounded great in 07 and 08, and Vital Signs is always good live...plus the fans have been wanting TCE forever so that will be a huge selling point for diehards.

The only question mark for me is that they have said many times in recent years that they always rehearse TCE and don't enjoy playing it live. Maybe they've had a change of opinion, but I don't know.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:09 AM)

Don't assume that Time Machine means Moving Pictures. I think many will be shocked by the predominance of "classics" this tour. I'd bet we also get Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, La Villa, etc.

No assumptions being made about MP - it's announced on Rush.com!