247 replies to this topic

#241 shaun3701

shaun3701

The Professor

• Members
  • 3375 posts
  • Interests:some unknown Canadian band

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 9 2010, 12:41 PM)
I'm a bit annoyed that they actually announced that they'll be playing MP in its entirety.  I would much rather have been surprised.  How awesome would it have been to be there and the beginning of The Camera Eye starts?  I would lose it!  Can you imagine if they opened with TCE?  They probably won't but that would be epic!  

I'm also not a fan of outdoor amphitheatres.  When the show starts its still light so you don't have that excitement of the house lights going out at an indoor arena.  Then there's the weather.  At the last Atlanta show it rained hard before the show and that sucked!  I would much prefer seeing any concert at an indoor venue.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm complaining… that's what I do.  If I didn't care I wouldn't say a word.

If they had just played Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ, and Limelight in order, I don't think we'd be THAT surprised when TCE started. They announced it to sell more tickets, that's what it comes down to.

Sponsored Post

#242 syd11

syd11

The Seeker

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 9 2010, 09:48 AM)
I was hoping "time Machine" meant rolling back ticket prices to 1982.

I actually still have my ticket stub from the Hemisphere's tour
and the price was a whoppin' $7.25....ha!

#243 cygnus_thegodofbalance

cygnus_thegodofbalance

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (syd11 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 9 2010, 09:48 AM)
I was hoping "time Machine" meant rolling back ticket prices to 1982.

I actually still have my ticket stub from the Hemisphere's tour
and the price was a whoppin' $7.25....ha!

Which today would be about $22.50. Quite a Far Cry from today's ticket prices.

#244 Tick

Tick

Mr: 26,000!!!

• Members *
  • 26346 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Vive le Rush @ Apr 8 2010, 07:35 AM)
Okay, I just checked..........OH MY HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!!     RUSH is actually coming to OMAHA this summer!!!!!!!!     I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! Rush hasn't been to OMAHA (my hometown) since 1991!!!!!!!!! I've been praying for this for years!!!!!!!!! I think I'm actually going to cry...........I'm SO MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!      Hopefully, this year I can convince my husband to let me go to both ATLANTA (which I had already planned on) and OMAHA!!!!!!!  

OH, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trink39.gif  

#245 chilangoenelgabo

chilangoenelgabo

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Well, I just found out about the tour and all the other stuff today. Very cool! Looking forward to seeing some of you soon.
Greetings from Chicago,
J

#246 HigherWater

HigherWater

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 08:27 AM)
I think the question is, will they be playing MP all in order, or just splitting up the tracks throughout the show?!

I think it would be cool for them to do it all in one shot...like the album.

Either finish the first set with it...or open up the second half with it. Either way, that would be f'n sweet!  yes.gif

My gut tells me that they're going to play it straight through. Maybe start the second set with it. YYZ for the Drum Solo fits well into the program that way--And F@#K that would be so retro-cool, especially if he played an updated version of the traditional YYZ solo--Anyway, I'm dreaming now.

To all of you that are actually bitching about this tour and its set....Ah, crap! I don't even know what to say. This is going to be a celebration of OUR band and our bands greatest achievement and if you want to stay in the background and play " I'M THE ULTIMATE RUSH NERD"than be my guest-- Too the rest of you, I'LL SEE YOU AT THE SHOW.

I am so psyched!

HW

#247 Joshua

Joshua

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1246 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

I believe MP will be played in the second set, MalNar/drum solo/Hope following Vital Signs.

#248 Snowdog

Snowdog

In a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• 8805 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Apr 9 2010, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 08:27 AM)
I think the question is, will they be playing MP all in order, or just splitting up the tracks throughout the show?!

I think it would be cool for them to do it all in one shot...like the album.

Either finish the first set with it...or open up the second half with it. Either way, that would be f'n sweet!  yes.gif

My gut tells me that they're going to play it straight through. Maybe start the second set with it. YYZ for the Drum Solo fits well into the program that way--And F@#K that would be so retro-cool, especially if he played an updated version of the traditional YYZ solo--Anyway, I'm dreaming now.

To all of you that are actually bitching about this tour and its set....Ah, crap! I don't even know what to say. This is going to be a celebration of OUR band and our bands greatest achievement and if you want to stay in the background and play " I'M THE ULTIMATE RUSH NERD"than be my guest-- Too the rest of you, I'LL SEE YOU AT THE SHOW.

I am so psyched!

HW

I posted this in another thread, but I'll reiterate here.

Others told me there was no way Rush would ever break up MP throughout the set, while I maintained it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

Why? They're Rush for crying out loud. When have they ever done what was wanted or expected by others? They ALWAYS do things their own way.

Also, they know the fans have been pleading for TCE for years, they finally found a way to play the song in a way that pleases them, so why let everyone know whats coming up next? I can easily see the first set ending with something from any album and the second set opening with TCE and the place just exploding with excitement.

Thats why it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Personally, I'd rather hear it broken up so you don't know whats coming next.

Why would they break it up throughout the set? Because they're Rush and they don't do what is expected, but rather what makes THEM happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users