247 replies to this topic

#21 greg2112

greg2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:45 AM

^^^^^^

They last played Chemistry on the New World Tour, 1982.  Maybe its time to bring it back?  We can only hope...

Edited by greg2112, 08 April 2010 - 07:48 AM.

Sponsored Post

#22 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 8 2010, 06:19 AM)
QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Apr 8 2010, 06:12 AM)
I guess I won't complain about the lack of a North Carolina show-at least they are playing on my continent. 

MP in it's entirety-interesting. Would have preferred PeW but it's still cool-I hope all of you Camera Eye geeks appreciate this because it's really for you. Don't accuse these guys of not listening to the fans ever again.

Yeah, we've been asking for it ever since the T4E tour. It only took 'em 14 years.  sarcasm.gif

No Shit laugh.gif  

#23 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9376 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

#24 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

For all the people that are now bitching that they Don't want to see TCE, i bet 75% of you have Never seen it live. Don't bitch until you do. It will get a Huge reaction  

#25 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridge™

• Members *
  • 9841 posts
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 12:46 PM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

It's a smart marketing move though.....designed to make people overlook the fact that they don't actually have a new album to tour with.

In any case, lets be honest...that's what folk want to hear, noy eight or nine S&A songs.

However, as they are ignoring the UK, I really couldn't care less what they play.

#26 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 07:48 AM)
For all the people that are now bitching that they Don't want to see TCE, i bet 75% of you have Never seen it live. Don't bitch until you do. It will get a Huge reaction

i want to see and hear it so that 75% doesn't mean a thing to me.  laugh.gif  

#27 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 09:46 PM)

MP in its entirety is weak?!  Huh?!  What?!!  I mean,...what?!!!   confused13.gif

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make as much dough?  tongue.gif

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 08 April 2010 - 07:52 AM.

#28 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridge™

• Members *
  • 9841 posts
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 12:48 PM)

yes.gif

I was lucky enough to see them play it back in the day.....quite frankly I think it's pathetic they have ignored fans wishes for so long...

#29 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2010, 07:50 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 07:48 AM)

i want to see and hear it so that 75% doesn't mean a thing to me.  laugh.gif

trink39.gif  

#30 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 8 2010, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 12:48 PM)

yes.gif

I was lucky enough to see them play it back in the day.....quite frankly I think it's pathetic they have ignored fans wishes for so long...

better late than never.  cool.gif
it may not be the best song ever created but some of us have lost a few hairs and gone grey over this.  laugh.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight, 08 April 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#31 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 8 2010, 08:48 AM)

I agree.  It'll be worth it just to see the crowd go berserk.  
Me, I am particularly psyched about Vital Signs live.  

#32 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8902 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

1022.gif

Awesome! MP in it's entirety AND several shows within a short plane ride...coolness! Now the only question I have is what color scheme the drums will have.

Well, really the only question is the setlist; I wonder just how far back this time machine goes...AFTK, Bastille Day, Chemistry (thank you Mara), Jacobs Ladder...this'll be fun.

#33 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9376 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 8 2010, 07:51 AM)

MP in its entirety is weak?!  Huh?!  What?!!  I mean,...what?!!!   confused13.gif

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make not as much dough?  tongue.gif

MP has always been well represented in the set lists since its release.

I guess I am getting old but when I heard "time machine" I was hoping for some really old tunes.

#34 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 8 2010, 05:49 AM)

It's a smart marketing move though.....designed to make people overlook the fact that they don't actually have a new album to tour with.

goodpost.gif

Even though my fave album by them is Signals, MP I think would be the coolest album of theirs to hear live in its entirety outside of Hemispheres.

Ironically, the one song off that album I have no interest in hearing is TCE.  Partly that's because I saw them do it in the early 80's, but mostly because I think it's the one weak spot on MP.  It goes on a bit too long and I was never too crazy about the "focus is sharp in the city" angle.  That said, it's still a great song, but the rest of MP is SO incredible that the song pales a little in comparison.

#35 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 07:56 AM)
I guess I am getting old but when I heard "time machine" I was hoping for some really old tunes.

Well you Are getting old wink.gif  but i think we will hear some cool stuff on this tour

#36 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 8 2010, 07:51 AM)

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make not as much dough?  tongue.gif

MP has always been well represented in the set lists since its release.

dude don't put all your eggs in one basket.  there's still the rest of the setlist to think about possible time machine tunes.  plenty of room for new, semi new, 80's, and old.

#37 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 07:45 AM)
^^^^^^

They last played Chemistry on the New World Tour, 1982.  Maybe its time to bring it back?  We can only hope...

yes.gif  

#38 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9376 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 8 2010, 07:49 AM)

In any case, lets be honest...that's what folk want to hear, noy eight or nine S&A songs.

However, as they are ignoring the UK, I really couldn't care less what they play.

smart financial move indeed as I suggested with the easy cash in remark.

It goes beyond ticket sales too as I am guess the DVD of this tour will sell better than the last few DVD's.

#39 JoenataArctica

JoenataArctica

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology major in college. Playing guitar and xbox and fishing, and stuff!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

at least you dont have to wait until october to see them sad.gif

#40 Digital Man

Digital Man

He's got a force field and a flexible plan...

• 8407 posts
  • Interests:My Beautiful Fiancee Sundog, all our kids, RUSH, cigars, beer, Tequila, RUSH, bbqing, snow skiing

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Apr 8 2010, 07:58 AM)
No Michigan stop.   sad.gif   And we've always been so good to them here. (To add insult to injury, I'm listening right this moment to a commercial that Huey Lewis & The News are coming to Pine Knob this summer. WTF!)

Oh well...maybe I'll be able to make it to Mohegan Sun. Or convince the hubby that he really wants to spend his birthday weekend in Toronto.

What about Sarnia, that's pretty close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users