Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the tour spoliers, please, some people get upset as they want to be surprised.

it gets even better, I checked out the Sarnia Bayfest site (www.sarniabayfest.com) and they are indeed working on their next studio album! Here is the blurp from the web page:

The band is currently working on their 20th studio album with producer Nick Raskulinecz (co-producer from 2007's Snakes & Arrows) and in addition to their classics plan to showcase a few new tunes live this summer.

"We were off for a year and a half, and now it's just pouring. Everything is totally crazy and there's not a minute left in the day. We've got these half-dozen songs, and we'll probably go in the studio and work on a couple of them and see how it goes, perhaps release something - and I say perhaps - and then we plan on being on the road," says guitarist, Alex Lifeson.

2.gif 653.gif 653.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I guess I won't complain about the lack of a North Carolina show-at least they are playing on my continent.

MP in it's entirety-interesting. Would have preferred PeW but it's still cool-I hope all of you Camera Eye geeks appreciate this because it's really for you. Don't accuse these guys of not listening to the fans ever again.

Not a huge fan of TCE live, but people will be able to stop complaining now. Plus I'm a huge fan of the album-in-its-entirety format, I've seen a few shows like that now.

I'll do everything I can to make the August 7th show in Seattle.

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Apr 8 2010, 06:12 AM)
I guess I won't complain about the lack of a North Carolina show-at least they are playing on my continent.

MP in it's entirety-interesting. Would have preferred PeW but it's still cool-I hope all of you Camera Eye geeks appreciate this because it's really for you. Don't accuse these guys of not listening to the fans ever again.

Yeah, we've been asking for it ever since the T4E tour. It only took 'em 14 years. sarcasm.gif

Okay, I just checked..........OH MY HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!! RUSH is actually coming to OMAHA this summer!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! Rush hasn't been to OMAHA (my hometown) since 1991!!!!!!!!! I've been praying for this for years!!!!!!!!! I think I'm actually going to cry...........I'm SO MOVED!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, this year I can convince my husband to let me go to both ATLANTA (which I had already planned on) and OMAHA!!!!!!!

OH, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Michigan stop. sad.gif And we've always been so good to them here. (To add insult to injury, I'm listening right this moment to a commercial that Huey Lewis & The News are coming to Pine Knob this summer. WTF!)

Oh well...maybe I'll be able to make it to Mohegan Sun. Or convince the hubby that he really wants to spend his birthday weekend in Toronto.

Psyched about the tour in general, but not real psyched about the "MP in it's entirety" announcement. In my opinion with the exception of TCE we have heard all of these songs almost EVERY tour. I would rather have heard PeW or AFK. I guess I shouldn't complain. On Sept 16th I will be in the new Consol Energy Center!!!! I was hoping that they would beat Lady Ga Ga to open the place, but no dice.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 06:17 AM)
Not a huge fan of TCE live, but people will be able to stop complaining now. Plus I'm a huge fan of the album-in-its-entirety format, I've seen a few shows like that now.

I'll do everything I can to make the August 7th show in Seattle.

Seattle is a date that I might hit as well...Salt Lake City for sure!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 8 2010, 06:19 AM)

Yeah, we've been asking for it ever since the T4E tour. It only took 'em 14 years. sarcasm.gif

Personally, I am surprised that they are doing it. I was convinced that The Camera Eye was the song that Geddy was talking about in The Boys in Brazil documentary on the Rush in Rio DVD ("There is NO way I am doing that song again! I'm sorry...I don't care how much the fans want it...")

Maybe he meant The Fountain of Lamnet?? huh.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 8 2010, 07:23 AM)

Personally, I am surprised that they are doing it. I was convinced that The Camera Eye was the song that Geddy was talking about in The Boys in Brazil documentary on the Rush in Rio DVD ("There is NO way I am doing that song again! I'm sorry...I don't care how much the fans want it...")

I was convinced that The Camera Eye was the song that Geddy was talking about in The Boys in Brazil documentary on the Rush in Rio DVD ("There is NO way I am doing that song again!  I'm sorry...I don't care how much the fans want it...") 

I thought the same thing. laugh.gif trink39.gif

Hey, question here as I'm too lazy to go look - has "Chemistry" ever been done live? I'm thinking not. . .

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 8 2010, 07:37 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 8 2010, 07:23 AM)

I was convinced that The Camera Eye was the song that Geddy was talking about in The Boys in Brazil documentary on the Rush in Rio DVD ("There is NO way I am doing that song again!  I'm sorry...I don't care how much the fans want it...") 

I thought the same thing. laugh.gif trink39.gif

I think he was talking about Fly By Night

No Shit laugh.gif

For all the people that are now bitching that they Don't want to see TCE, i bet 75% of you have Never seen it live. Don't bitch until you do. It will get a Huge reaction

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 12:46 PM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

It's a smart marketing move though.....designed to make people overlook the fact that they don't actually have a new album to tour with.

In any case, lets be honest...that's what folk want to hear, noy eight or nine S&A songs.

However, as they are ignoring the UK, I really couldn't care less what they play.