The Camera Eye

MMCXII

I think this little mini tour is going to be all about pleasing us older farts that grew up in the 70's/80's! xanadu... jacob's ladder... camera eye... (dare I say it!) the necromancer!! and I also think we'll hear the camera eye, all or at least some of it!

think about it, just a quick little jaunt through some obscure places playing the long epic pieces which are mostly just music so Ged can save his voice a little bit..

maybe just wishful thinking. maybe I'm being delusional here but just a feeling I have smile.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 7 2010, 11:50 PM)
I think this little mini tour is going to be all about pleasing us older farts that grew up in the 70's/80's!  xanadu... jacob's ladder... camera eye... (dare I say it!) the necromancer!! and I also think we'll hear the camera eye, all or at least some of it!

think about it, just a quick little jaunt through some obscure places playing the long epic pieces which are mostly just music so Ged can save his voice a little bit..

maybe just wishful thinking. maybe I'm being delusional here but just a feeling I have smile.gif

1022.gif  2.gif  1022.gif

You shouldn't have dared to say it. I'm so sick of hearing about TCE that I don't even want to hear it anymore! 062802puke_prv.gif I know! I've heard it all and then some. Everyone is hoping you're right. People claiming they would orgasm if they heard it live again. Or better yet, having no problems dying the next day if they could just hear it one more time. You know what I'm talking about. We see this in the Forum all the time. The "What ifs?" and discussions about,"If Rush will have a midget with them on this tour?" Pretty common right? Not to some. These are the ones with the Vulcan mentalities who can't bear to let people hope and dream that it "could be possible this time around!" No. They will dig through every possible resource at their disposal hell-bent on crushing the hopeful's dreams of possibly hearing the elusive song again. I could care less, but I swear there are people who live in this Forum just to bash others. I think it's for the self-gratification and that's it. Pretty sad. Especially if their lives are the same as their dull, lifeless posts. These emotionless, logic-driven cyborgs do not think like we do. You know who you are! Their only purpose is to point out our stupid mistakes, (Who cares if they got the date wrong for a concert they attended 9 years ago?) or "There is no way in hell they will ever play that again! I heard Neil say so in a radio interview back in '82. You're stupid for even thinking that!" They don't say it exactly like that but it sure feels that way sometimes. I don't know which species is worse. The dreamers or the omnipotent Rush super-beings that are not even really alive. Then there are the rare "In-betweens". A combination of both. You will know when you encounter one of these vicious bastards. The last time I faced one will hopefully be my last. I didn't come back to TRF for a month because I felt "unworthy." That's what they do to you. Millions of years of evolution have honed their abilities to absolute perfection. Amazing really. It's what they do. They speak matter-of-factly and with brazen confidence while throwing in some witty anecdotes or amusing Rush stories to lure you in. Horrible. Doesn't hit you until the next morning and that's when you realize it. You don't know jack-shit about Rush. What were you even thinking? You finally come to terms with yourself that you lacked the mental capacity to even enjoy the music. They're beyond your comprehension all of the sudden. How stupid could you have been to think they would play TCE again? How could you not have noticed Alex's early signs of baldness during the PW tour? It was Terry Brown's disturbing affinity for a rare breed of Nepalese mountain goats that split he and Rush apart. You didn't know that? If you were a "true" Rush fan you would. They won't tell you directly either. They plant seeds in your mind. The effects are usually temporary but can be permanently scarring. After some therapy you will come to realize they're no different than you. You will return to TRF a more confident and fearless Rush fan. When I see a beathorse.gif on one of my topics, I no longer feel like confused13.gif wtf.gif banghead.gif . I'm always common001.gif . But seriously. It would be awesome if they played TCE. I know that they probably won't but what the hell? Let them talk about it. They know just as well as anybody the odds of that ever happening again. Everything about TCE is common knowledge anymore. We all know everything there is to know about that song am I correct. TRF needs to post some Camera Eye rules. Maybe have just one area on the Forum where you are allowed to talk about it. There would be swift strict justice delivered to anyone who breaks the rules. Brilliant. But seriously. TCE doesn't make me want to puke and I think everyone here is pretty decent. Only a few of the traits of the people described were based on my own experiences with the pricks. Am I being serious? Absolutely not. I'm just killing some time waiting for that timer to run out. Now if you'll excuse me. I have another adderol and cocaine milkshake to prepare. Until next time.....Oh wait, I guess they're playing TCE. I'm glad that's over with.

Edited by Andrew1

In all honesty: I doubt it. They really arnt that big on the song. They really arnt.

Theres only two ways it'll make it live: If Moving Pictures is played fully, or as a part of a medley.

I think this little mini tour is going to be all about pleasing us older farts that grew up in the 70's/80's! xanadu... jacob's ladder... camera eye... (dare I say it!) the necromancer!! and I also think we'll hear the camera eye, all or at least some of it!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

About those feelings you have? Could you "feel" me some lottery numbers and send them to me A.S.A.P.? Thank you.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

can I call 'em or what!!

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 02:04 AM)
I think this little mini tour is going to be all about pleasing us older farts that grew up in the 70's/80's!  xanadu... jacob's ladder... camera eye... (dare I say it!) the necromancer!! and I also think we'll hear the camera eye, all or at least some of it!

You shouldn't have dared to say it. I'm so sick of hearing about TCE that I don't even want to hear it anymore! 062802puke_prv.gif I know! I've heard it all and then some. Everyone is hoping you're right. People claiming they would orgasm if they heard it live again. Or better yet, having no problems dying the next day if they could just hear it one more time. You know what I'm talking about. We see this in the Forum all the time. The "What ifs?" and discussions about,"If Rush will have a midget with them on this tour?" Pretty common right? Not to some. These are the ones with the Vulcan mentalities who can't bear to let people hope and dream that it "could be possible this time around!" No. They will dig through every possible resource at their disposal hell-bent on crushing the hopeful's dreams of possibly hearing the elusive song again. I could care less, but I swear there are people who live in this Forum just to bash others. I think it's for the self-gratification and that's it. Pretty sad. Especially if their lives are the same as their dull, lifeless posts. These emotionless, logic-driven cyborgs do not think like we do. You know who you are! Their only purpose is to point out our stupid mistakes, (Who cares if they got the date wrong for a concert they attended 9 years ago?) or "There is no way in hell they will ever play that again! I heard Neil say so in a radio interview back in '82. You're stupid for even thinking that!" They don't say it exactly like that but it sure feels that way sometimes. I don't know which species is worse. The dreamers or the omnipotent Rush super-beings that are not even really alive. Then there are the rare "In-betweens". A combination of both. You will know when you encounter one of these vicious bastards. The last time I faced one will hopefully be my last. I didn't come back to TRF for a month because I felt "unworthy." That's what they do to you. Millions of years of evolution have honed their abilities to absolute perfection. Amazing really. It's what they do. They speak matter-of-factly and with brazen confidence while throwing in some witty anecdotes or amusing Rush stories to lure you in. Horrible. Doesn't hit you until the next morning and that's when you realize it. You don't know jack-shit about Rush. What were you even thinking? You finally come to terms with yourself that you lacked the mental capacity to even enjoy the music. They're beyond your comprehension all of the sudden. How stupid could you have been to think they would play TCE again? How could you not have noticed Alex's early signs of baldness during the PW tour? It was Terry Brown's disturbing affinity for a rare breed of Nepalese mountain goats that split he and Rush apart. You didn't know that? If you were a "true" Rush fan you would. They won't tell you directly either. They plant seeds in your mind. The effects are usually temporary but can be permanently scarring. After some therapy you will come to realize they're no different than you. You will return to TRF a more confident and fearless Rush fan. When I see a beathorse.gif on one of my topics, I no longer feel like confused13.gif wtf.gif banghead.gif . I'm always common001.gif . But seriously. It would be awesome if they played TCE. I know that they probably won't but what the hell? Let them talk about it. They know just as well as anybody the odds of that ever happening again. Everything about TCE is common knowledge anymore. We all know everything there is to know about that song am I correct. TRF needs to post some Camera Eye rules. Maybe have just one area on the Forum where you are allowed to talk about it. There would be swift strict justice delivered to anyone who breaks the rules. Brilliant. But seriously. TCE doesn't make me want to puke and I think everyone here is pretty decent. Only a few of the traits of the people described were based on my own experiences with the pricks. Am I being serious? Absolutely not. I'm just killing some time waiting for that timer to run out. Now if you'll excuse me. I have another adderol and cocaine milkshake to prepare. Until next time.....Oh wait, I guess they're playing TCE. I'm glad that's over with.

Andrew you are a total douche! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:04 AM)

ohmy.gif wtf.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 12:04 AM)

popcorn.gif We needed a good troll. popcorn.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 8 2010, 01:16 PM)

I said this was not to be taken seriously. I was just killing time. Why are you so pissed that you have to resort to name calling anyway? Wow! I haven't been called a douche in years. Thanks for commenting though! Let's do lunch sometime.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 8 2010, 12:16 PM)

Ouch! doh.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 06:15 AM)

About those feelings you have? Could you "feel" me some lottery numbers and send them to me A.S.A.P.? Thank you.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 01:50 PM)

I said this was not to be taken seriously. I was just killing time. Why are you so pissed that you have to resort to name calling anyway? Wow! I haven't been called a douche in years. Thanks for commenting though! Let's do lunch sometime.

You do, however, have some very valid and very funny points! I laughed reading this. . .

And yeah, one cool thing about the upcoming shows is we will never have to endure any more "I want Rush to play The Camera Eye" threads anymore!

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:04 AM)

I don't consider you a troll for writing this? Its obvious it was written tongue and cheek, and it was amusing. I sure you were amused writing it. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Apr 8 2010, 01:17 PM)

ohmy.gif wtf.gif

Exactly. wtf.gif If you look closer at the underlying themes you'll see that this was just the writer attempting to amuse himself when he was overwhelmed with boredom. An exercise to merely pass the time. You either get it or you don't. I got called a douche over this!

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Apr 8 2010, 01:17 PM)

ohmy.gif wtf.gif

Exactly. wtf.gif If you look closer at the underlying themes you'll see that this was just the writer attempting to amuse himself when he was overwhelmed with boredom. An exercise to merely pass the time. You either get it or you don't. I got called a douche over this!

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 8 2010, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:04 AM)

I don't consider you a troll for writing this? Its obvious it was written tongue and cheek, and it was amusing. I sure you were amused writing it. atickhum.gif

That's it right there! I always liked you tick! laugh.gif Yes. It was amusing and I had a good time writing it. You saw it for what it was and I'm grateful. Finally! One more thing. Could you explain the "troll" reference to me? I have no idea what that means.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:32 AM)
One more thing. Could you explain the "troll" reference to me? I have no idea what that means.

A troll is someone who says a bunch of stupid sh!t hoping to get negative attention in return, a troll's goal is to piss off others online.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 01:50 PM)

You do, however, have some very valid and very funny points! I laughed reading this. . .

And yeah, one cool thing about the upcoming shows is we will never have to endure any more "I want Rush to play The Camera Eye" threads anymore!

Thanks Mara. I was wondering when you would show up. biggrin.gif There were a few points I was trying to make along the way. Thanks for noticing. I always know these things can get brutal but I have to admit that being called a douche about knocked me out of my chair! That's just classic.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Apr 8 2010, 02:37 PM)
One more thing. Could you explain the "troll" reference to me? I have no idea what that means.

A troll is someone who says a bunch of stupid sh!t hoping to get negative attention in return, a troll's goal is to piss off others online.

Got it. Negative feedback and pissing people off were never my intentions. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Well, I guess I'm not a troll. Just a douche.

Edited by Andrew1

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (KennethRush @ Apr 8 2010, 02:37 PM)

Got it. Negative feedback and pissing people off were never my intentions. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Well, I guess I'm not a troll. Just a douche.

It is a long read bro and at the start you sounded pretty serious so I can see how someone who really loves The Camera Eye might read the first bit and get upset with you.

I slogged through to the end and I enjoyed the amusing bits!

trink39.gif