Setlist hopes and dreams

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Tom Sawyer, it's a good song, whether its a radio hit or not.

I think they should change what Hold Your Fire song they do. Recently they've had Force Ten and Mission...next? LOCK AND KEY! 1022.gif

a few songs I wouldn't mind hearing:

Turn the Page

New World Man

Middletown Dreams

Presto

Body Electric

Yeah I would be real surprised if Tom Sawyer doesn't make the setlist. Won't be disappointedif it doesn't, but we all know it is their most known song.

Mission- Drop in my opinion.

The Pass - love it

Working Man - kind of the same as Tom Sawyer - I could do without it for vault stuff!

Closer to the Heart - Bring it back

Limelight & Spirit of Radio - Always

A Passage to Bangkok - Ah they never play Bangkok!

2112 - On the fence - would prefer more Hemispheres and A Farewell to Kings - love to hear Cygnus X-1, Xanadu, Cinderella Man, Hemispheres

YYZ - gotta play it!

Some newer stuff - Malignant Narc., Monkey Bus., Far Cry

By-Tor, Necromancer, Bastille Day, Lakeside Park, Anthem, In the Mood,

and of course...

Fly By Night! Why don't they play Fly By Night???

Looking forward to the tour!

I would like to see them play songs they've never done live or haven't played in eons:

Totem

Cut To The Chase

Freeze

No One At The Bridge

Before and After

Chemistry

Cinderella Man

Turn The Page

Chain Lightning (or Presto)

To be honest, I don't care what they play. I love just about every Rush song, so I have no real demands. They're still playing live, that's gift enough.

Edited by Pags

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Apr 7 2010, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 7 2010, 09:45 PM)
ALL WHO WANT I THINK I'M GOING BALD SAY "YAY"  1287.gif

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! scared.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Apr 7 2010, 03:34 PM)
no.gif

PLEASE play Far Cry and Mission yes.gif

I'm thinking Far Cry is going to be the opener; you're probably safe there.

Sorry, but they should NEVER drop Tom Sawyer (or Limelight). Anything else is fair game, IMO.

They seriously need to drop:

Dreamline

Between The Wheels (replace with The Enemy Within)

Everything From Snakes & Arrows except Far Cry, Armor & Sword, and The Main Monkey Businesss--they wore the crowd out with that album for both legs of S&A

The definitely DON'T need to bring back:

Red Sector A

Force Ten

Bravado

Driven

Summer Time Blues

Animate

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 7 2010, 08:44 PM)
I would like to see them play songs they've never done live or haven't played in eons:

Totem
Cut To The Chase
Freeze
No One At The Bridge
Before and After
Chemistry
Cinderella Man
Turn The Page

To be honest, I don't care what they play. I love just about every Rush song, so I have no real demands. They're still playing live, that's gift enough.

yes.gif

I've said it once, and I will say it again: I cannot believe that CUT TO THE CHASE has never been played live.

It's easily one of the best songs that they've done over the last bunch of albums. It has unbelivable energy...I think it would be outstanding live.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 01:27 PM)

Totem
Cut To The Chase
Freeze
No One At The Bridge
Before and After
Chemistry
Cinderella Man
Turn The Page

To be honest, I don't care what they play.  I love just about every Rush song, so I have no real demands.  They're still playing live, that's gift enough.

yes.gif

I've said it once, and I will say it again: I cannot believe that CUT TO THE CHASE has never been played live.

It's easily one of the best songs that they've done over the last bunch of albums. It has unbelivable energy...I think it would be outstanding live.

You know it, man. Without a doubt, CTTC would rock ass on the stage. It has such a powerful and relentless drive to it. I'd bet it would be one of those songs that surprise the boys at much fun it is to play at each show.

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 8 2010, 03:00 PM)

Totem
Cut To The Chase
Freeze
No One At The Bridge
Before and After
Chemistry
Cinderella Man
Turn The Page

To be honest, I don't care what they play.  I love just about every Rush song, so I have no real demands.  They're still playing live, that's gift enough.

yes.gif

You know it, man. Without a doubt, CTTC would rock ass on the stage. It has such a powerful and relentless drive to it. I'd bet it would be one of those songs that surprise the boys at much fun it is to play at each show.

I continue to be surprised that it's never been done live. I was shocked when it wasn't on the list for the Counterparts tour.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 8 2010, 03:00 PM)

Totem
Cut To The Chase
Freeze
No One At The Bridge
Before and After
Chemistry
Cinderella Man
Turn The Page

yes.gif

I continue to be surprised that it's never been done live. I was shocked when it wasn't on the list for the Counterparts tour.

Agreed. If they did the "evening with" format back then, I'd bet money they would have fit it in. I guess setlist/time constraints caused it to get the boot. They did do a lot from CP during that tour. Cut To The Chase and Between Sun and Moon got screwed.