Tickets

Khan

What's the best outlet for tix these days? I think I used Live Nation last time and ended up with decent seats.

I got pretty good ones last time, through a local radio station pre-sale.

I am not sure who you have to bl$% these days to get in the first few rows, but it seems impossible to buy them legitamately at anywhere near face value.

Da%$ ticket houses buy them all, triple the price within minutes of them going on sale.

QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Apr 7 2010, 12:53 PM)
Da%$ ticket houses buy them all, triple the price within minutes of them going on sale.

I'm still trying to figure out how that's legal.

If I tried selling tickets for 3x face value outside the venue, I'd be arrested for scalping. But a corporation can do the very same thing over the internet and it's just considered "doing business." angry.gif

There is no best place. Not any more. no.gif

Its just some ticketing agencies have better customer service than others.

For example: MusicToday is horrible. They suck!

Ticketmaster. Better.

LiveNation. Same as TicketMaster. They "merged" a while ago.

All I can say is "GOOD LUCK!" And hold on to your britches! And start saving for "convinence charges."

I'm doing the box office thingie again. Or holding out until the day before the show. By then, all the great seats have been released, and usually LN suspends their convinence charges to boost last minute sales. Also, the box office DOES NOT CHARGE service fees. That alone can buy you a tour book! My last experience paid off big time! (Got 10th row by Geddy, and had used sticks delivered to me! That was worth the wait!!!)

I went through Rush and got great seats but I paid through the teeth for them. This time around, I'm going for the lawn. During these economic times I can't see throwing down Big Money for inside...that is if they play SPAC this year.

QUOTE (Kozmo4Rush @ Apr 7 2010, 05:26 PM)

Ticketmaster. Better.

All I can say is "GOOD LUCK!" And hold on to your britches! And start saving for "convinence charges."

I'm doing the box office thingie again. Or holding out until the day before the show. By then, all the great seats have been released, and usually LN suspends their convinence charges to boost last minute sales. Also, the box office DOES NOT CHARGE service fees. That alone can buy you a tour book! My last experience paid off big time! (Got 10th row by Geddy, and had used sticks delivered to me! That was worth the wait!!!)

It's those "convenience charges" that piss me off, especially the name. What, are we getting valet parking and free beer?

Call it what it is. The "We're sticking it to you because we can charges."

QUOTE (Kozmo4Rush @ Apr 7 2010, 04:26 PM)

Ticketmaster. Better.

Now that I think of it, it was Music Today that I got the presales from last time.

Didn't have any problems

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Apr 7 2010, 04:39 PM)
I went through Rush and got great seats but I paid through the teeth for them. This time around, I'm going for the lawn. During these economic times I can't see throwing down Big Money for inside...that is if they play SPAC this year.

I'm going with the lawn as well as much as it kills me not to get really close.

Lets hope Rush follows what other bands have been doing and go paperless tickets for those premium seats. This really makes sense in keeping the tickets with the real fans and not the scalpers.

QUOTE (spok @ Apr 7 2010, 12:40 PM)
Rush Club Presale...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Apr 7 2010, 11:53 AM)

I am not sure who you have to bl$% these days to get in the first few rows, but it seems impossible to buy them legitamately at anywhere near face value.

out of the 3 second leg S&A shows I went to, I got second row in front of geddy twice. other one was forth row center! ... and I didn't have to blow anyone! (whew!)

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 7 2010, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Apr 7 2010, 11:53 AM)

out of the 3 second leg S&A shows I went to, I got second row in front of geddy twice. other one was forth row center! ... and I didn't have to blow anyone! (whew!)

Obviously somebody was worked up earlier... unsure.gif It's actually my birthday today and I couldn't think of a better gift than another Tour.

I'm just Lit up with anticipation, so to speak.. trink38.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (xredsectorx @ Apr 7 2010, 06:56 PM)
I've been getting all my tickets through LiveNation lately and I haven't had a problem no.gif

Can you get presale through them?

Was thinking of taking a week-or-so break in Nevada, and, yep, taking in another Rush gig. Checked price of tickets and... CHRIST-ON-A-BIKE!!!.. $1,323 (with STUBHUB) for blocks A & B. What's so special about that place then, hey..?

QUOTE (Fred Star @ Jun 5 2011, 11:48 AM)
Was thinking of taking a week-or-so break in Nevada, and, yep, taking in another Rush gig. Checked price of tickets and... CHRIST-ON-A-BIKE!!!.. $1,323 (with STUBHUB) for blocks A & B. What's so special about that place then, hey..?

Vegas tickets are always very expensive compared to other venues.

Last summer and this summer for Las Vegas, we bought the VIP Package through Ticketmaster. They're more expensive than normal tickets, but nowhere near the "secondary market".

Right now on Stub Hub there are 6th row center seats selling for anywhere between $1250 a seat and $1995 a seat. (I doubt very highly that they will get those prices).

We paid $700 for both our 4th row center seats, plus all the swag (such as it was). And yes they are will call only the day of the show. Doesn't prevent scalping, but makes it more of a hassle.

I was "browsing" Ticketbastard about a month ago and pulled a single ticket, third row on Geddy's side for the Vegas show. It was pure luck and I was only looking for a single. I think it was $166.00 after the inconvenient charges. I like to think the rock n roll gods wanted me to go to that show.

QUOTE (MCM @ Jun 13 2011, 05:17 PM)
I was "browsing" Ticketbastard about a month ago and pulled a single ticket, third row on Geddy's side for the Vegas show. It was pure luck and I was only looking for a single.  I think it was $166.00 after the inconvenient charges.  I like to think the rock n roll gods wanted me to go to that show.

I'm sure you are correct. You've obviously been Workin' Them Angels, Overtime....

wink.gif

See you in just ten days!!

common001.gif

1287.gif

trink39.gif